View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmuser
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: KDE kprinter? Reply with quote

OK, just a real quick history before I begin (it's already too long i know...)

I had so issues updated via EMERGE to kde 3.0.1 after updateding and reinstalling several packages (RPM, PNG etc.). I updated to kde 3.0.1 20020604 (all emerges/unmerges were just "emerge kde"), for the full scoop (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=4387&highlight=emerge+kde), when I went into KDE it was still 3.0! (i knew this might be the case since the emerge took all of about 15 mins!). Anyways the KDE 3.0.1 20020604 did not work, I try umerging 20020604 (i think this is where i screwed up) but it realy didn't do anything, finally I umerged both kde 3.0.1 and 20020604 then remerged kde 3.0.1 this seem to actually compile the kde-libs etc. then I tried 20020604 and it did nothing. So bottom line is I don't think KDE is really installed the right way (even though emerge thinks I have both kde 3.0.1 installed and 20020604), like my kprinter doesn't work anymore etc. How can I completely umerge kde? I mean so that it will completely recompile again ? I tried "emerge unmerge kde" this only seem to remove thing from the "Database" not the computer. Believe me I don't want to sit all day and have KDE recompile but it seems like my only choice, is there anyway other way?

Thanks
mmuser
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK maybe no on else is having this problem?

I umerged kde and "cleaned it" So I actully re compiled KDE 3.0.1 20020604 (it actually recompiled everything ,took all day). But Kprinter still does not work this is what happens:

> kprinter
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kprinter path = <unknown> pid = 2898
Alarm clock
>

I have searched everywhere and can't find why this is happening, has anyone else had this problem? The reason this is a problem is because I use Kmail (the best "compliant" IMAP client I have used) and I can't print anything! Kmail just crashes! I think it is because it is trying to use Kprinter!

Thanks
mmuser
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: thanks ! :-P KDE resursion error Reply with quote

Just kidding i'm sure you all 'tried' to find an answer for me! ;-)

Anyway I found that KDE Developers recommend that you do NOT compile with -funroll_loops (http://bugs.kde.org/db/41/41542.html).

So to every one out there! don't do it! on a side note does anyone have "better" make flags (my looks like : -O3 -march=i686 -pipe -fforce-addr -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -frerun-cse-after-loop -frerun-loop-opt -malign-functions=4 ). I would still like to be optimized just not with so many problems, yes I know some one will answer "just take out the unroll_loops" I just wanted people opinions on what flags they have use for best optimized/stable configuration.

PS: I also heard mozilla doesn't like fomit_frame_pointer though I have not had any problems has anyone else?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: