Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 3)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brumgabrasch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merci
"de" worked for me.

BTW: There exsists also a kde4 version of kaffeine: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kaffeine4
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for the kde4 overlay devs:
I'm really enjoying the kde4 overlay. :D I have two boxes I'm playing with- one is the svn version, and the other is the 3.97.0 version. Since the 3.97.0 version doesn't seem to be updated since Dec.10, and the svn version is obviously much further along, I was wondering if there are plans to update 3.97.0 in the near furture?

If not (not complaining, mind you), I plan on switching to the svn version on my current 3.97.0 box, as it has a much faster cpu, and I could update more often. Please advise on any planned 3.97.0 updates, and many thanks for making all this kde4 testing very convenient in portage, as opposed to doing it manually as described at the kde-svn build page.
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.39-r7, gcc-14
kernel-6.9.4 USE=experimental python3_12.3-final
Maguscrowley
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any tips on how to tweak the application launcher or to change the size and configuration of the panel?

Just a note: when the amarok team says that the kde4 amarok is pre-alpha software, they mean it. I really hope they dont keep that widget holding thingy in the center.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maguscrowley wrote:
Anyone have any tips on how to tweak the application launcher or to change the size and configuration of the panel?

Not yet possible.
In svn you can configure the size of the menu (How many items it displays). You can configure if the tooltips are shown in the task manager.
Not more... yet. ;)

Quote:
Just a note: when the amarok team says that the kde4 amarok is pre-alpha software, they mean it. I really hope they dont keep that widget holding thingy in the center.

They will keep it.
Ingmarv
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Question for the kde4 overlay devs:
I'm really enjoying the kde4 overlay. :D I have two boxes I'm playing with- one is the svn version, and the other is the 3.97.0 version. Since the 3.97.0 version doesn't seem to be updated since Dec.10, and the svn version is obviously much further along, I was wondering if there are plans to update 3.97.0 in the near furture?

It's not updated because there hasn't been a release since 3.97.0 anymore. ;)
Lepaca Kliffoth
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
 * subversion update start -->
 *      repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepimlibs
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

WTF?

edit: Berniyh's fix worked.
orgoz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
orgoz wrote:
I didn't found the digikam-0.10.0-svn ebuild. Could anyone send me a link please ?
Thanks.

Install git and do:
Code:
git clone git://bandi.homelinux.com/kde4-additional

Great ! Thanks a lot !
timmy334
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update on my progress:
I finally got kdepim to compile, but kdeutils did not still. I don't know why, but I am apparently the only one that can't compile kde-svn. Let me know what info you need to help figure out what is wrong in my system.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
mikedee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmy334 wrote:
I finally got kdepim to compile, but kdeutils did not still. I don't know why, but I am apparently the only one that can't compile kde-svn. Let me know what info you need to help figure out what is wrong in my system.

Go to http://pastebin.ca and paste in all of the error message (not just the last bit)
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just switched to the svn version. Kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase, kdegraphics, kdeartwork, kdepim, kdenetwork, kdeadmin, and kdemultimedia compiled fine, but kdeutils failed. I did not compile kdegames, kdetoys, or kdeedu, as I don't use them. Is there something in those packages that would cause kdeutils to fail- it seems to do with superkaramba and python.
Code:
[ 84%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/karamba.o
[ 85%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/meter.o
[ 85%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/bar.o
[ 85%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/textlabel.o
[ 86%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/imagelabel.o
[ 86%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/graph.o
[ 86%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/richtextlabel.o
[ 86%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/input.o
[ 87%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/misc.o
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/work/kdeutils-9999.4/superkaramba/src/python/input.cpp:36:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/work/kdeutils-9999.4/superkaramba/src/meters/meter.h:50: warning: 'virtual void Meter::setValue(int)' was hidden
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/work/kdeutils-9999.4/superkaramba/src/meters/input.h:43: warning:   by 'virtual void Input::setValue(const QString&)'
[ 87%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/svcgrp.o
[ 87%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/menu.o
[ 88%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/systray.o
[ 88%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/widget.o
[ 88%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/task.o
[ 88%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/python/config.o
[ 89%] Building CXX object superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/superkarambasettings.o
[ 89%] Generating defaultwidget.h
[ 90%] Generating kmilodadaptor.cpp, kmilodadaptor.h
[ 90%] Generating defaultwidget.cpp
[ 90%] Generating defaultwidget.moc.cpp
[ 90%] Generating kmilodadaptor.moc
[ 90%] Generating kded_kmilod_automoc.cpp
Generating defaultskin.moc
Generating kmilod.moc
Generating kmilointerface.moc
Scanning dependencies of target kded_kmilod
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libsuperkaramba.so
[ 90%] Building CXX object kmilo/kmilod/CMakeFiles/kded_kmilod.dir/kded_kmilod_automoc.o
[ 90%] Building CXX object kmilo/kmilod/CMakeFiles/kded_kmilod.dir/kmilod.o
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/work/kdeutils-9999.4/kmilo/kmilod/kmilod.cpp: In constructor 'KMilo::KMiloD::KMiloD(QObject*, const QList<QVariant>&)':
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/work/kdeutils-9999.4/kmilo/kmilod/kmilod.cpp:66: warning: 'createInstance' is deprecated (declared at /usr/kde/svn/include/kservice.h:532)
/usr/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.a(dynload_shlib.o): In function `_PyImport_GetDynLoadFunc':
(.text+0x103): undefined reference to `dlsym'
/usr/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.a(dynload_shlib.o): In function `_PyImport_GetDynLoadFunc':
(.text+0x171): undefined reference to `dlopen'
(.text+0x19f): undefined reference to `dlsym'
(.text+0x1fc): undefined reference to `dlerror'
/usr/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_forkpty':
(.text+0x2c8e): undefined reference to `forkpty'
/usr/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_openpty':
(.text+0x2ce9): undefined reference to `openpty'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/libsuperkaramba.so.4.0.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [superkaramba/src/CMakeFiles/superkaramba.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 91%] Building CXX object kmilo/kmilod/CMakeFiles/kded_kmilod.dir/defaultskin.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object kmilo/kmilod/CMakeFiles/kded_kmilod.dir/kmilointerface.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object kmilo/kmilod/CMakeFiles/kded_kmilod.dir/kmilodadaptor.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object kmilo/kmilod/CMakeFiles/kded_kmilod.dir/defaultwidget.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object kmilo/kmilod/CMakeFiles/kded_kmilod.dir/defaultwidget.moc.o
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/work/kdeutils_build/kmilo/kmilod/defaultwidget.cpp: In constructor 'DefaultWidget::DefaultWidget(QWidget*, const char*, Qt::WindowFlags)':
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/work/kdeutils_build/kmilo/kmilod/defaultwidget.cpp:12: warning: '__base_ctor ' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qwidget.h:214)
Linking CXX shared module ../../lib/kded_kmilod.so
[ 92%] Built target kded_kmilod
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   46:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2502:  Called kde4-base_src_compile
 *             environment, line 1814:  Called kde4-base_src_make
 *             environment, line 1848:  Called cmake-utils_src_make
 *             environment, line  628:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           emake "$@" || diefunc "$FUNCNAME" "$LINENO" "$?" "Make failed!";
 *  The die message:
 *   Make failed!
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4/temp/environment'.
gentoo-audio rob #

Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Just switched to the svn version. Kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase, kdegraphics, kdeartwork, kdepim, kdenetwork, kdeadmin, and kdemultimedia compiled fine, but kdeutils failed. I did not compile kdegames, kdetoys, or kdeedu, as I don't use them. Is there something in those packages that would cause kdeutils to fail- it seems to do with superkaramba and python.

Code:
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1" emerge -v1 =kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much Berniyh,
That did the trick. :) All svn packages, including the ones I left out before now compile. Now to reboot!

EDIT: Reboot went fine- all I can say is WOW! Desktop icons, panel icons, and lots more appearance configs work- hope all my customizing survives a reboot later tonight. :wink:

One quirk I just noticed posting this- adding the emoticon causes the paragraph it's in to disappear, but it returns (with the emoticon) if you click in the empty window space- weird. I'm sure there's more, but this is getting close to being very usable. I'm running the complete Jan.2 svn packages installation- all compile fine. OK- one more quirk- adding a color font causes the last paragraph to vanish, but it again returns with a click in empty window space.
Finswimmer
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Thanks much Berniyh,
That did the trick. :) All svn packages, including the ones I left out before now compile. Now to reboot!

EDIT: Reboot went fine- all I can say is WOW! Desktop icons, panel icons, and lots more appearance configs work- hope all my customizing survives a reboot later tonight. :wink:

Reboot? Are you using windows? There is no need to reboot if you have installed KDE...
Just restart xdm and select kde-svn...

Tobi
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming the Devs want us to report stuff like this- if I'm incorrect, please advise.

After reboot:
Screen resolution stll reverts back to 2048x1537 from my preferred 1280x1024 setting done in system settings, even with "apply to kde at boot" checked. Plasmarc seems OK:
Quote:
[KPropertiesDialog]
Height 1024=533
Width 1280=677
krandrrc shows:
Quote:
SyncTrayApp=true

[Screen0]
reflectX=false
reflectY=false
refresh=75
rotation=0
size=1280,1024

[Screen_0]
OutputsUnified=true
UnifiedRect=0,0,0,0
UnifiedRotation=1

[Screen_0_Output_default]
Active=true
Rect=0,0,2048,1536
RefreshRate=60
Rotation=1
Guess I need to edit that last section, as it seems to be over-riding the 1280x1024 size setting in the first section

Home desktop icon fails to launch home folder- Error- Plasma Workspace
Quote:
Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'smb'.

Panel icons and KinfoCenter desktop icon I activated still work. Trash icon placememt remains where I put it.

Konqueror config settings and customized favorites in Start menu still remain.

Finswimmer,
I always reboot after a kde install, as experience has proven to me that with testing versions some kde configurations don't always survive a reboot, and I need to check. Besides, I always shut down my systems everyday anyway, as I don't require them on 24/7, and don't like wasting electrical energy. Haven't used windows day-to-day for years- only for pro audio apps. :wink:
mikedee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting file collisions with kdegraphics-9999.4 from today

Code:
 * Detected file collision(s):
 *      /usr/kde/svn/share/icons/oxygen/scalable/apps/kruler.svgz
 *      /usr/kde/svn/share/icons/oxygen/128x128/apps/kruler.png
 *      /usr/kde/svn/share/icons/oxygen/16x16/apps/kruler.png
 *      /usr/kde/svn/share/icons/oxygen/22x22/apps/kruler.png
 *      /usr/kde/svn/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/apps/kruler.png
 *      /usr/kde/svn/share/icons/oxygen/48x48/apps/kruler.png
 *      /usr/kde/svn/share/icons/oxygen/64x64/apps/kruler.png
DragonK
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody else getting this error when emerging kdebase-9999.4? :roll:

Code:

Linking CXX shared module ../../../../lib/kcm_konqhtml.so
[ 98%] Building CXX object apps/dolphin/src/CMakeFiles/dolphin.dir/iconsviewsettingspage.o
CMakeFiles/kcm_konqhtml.dir/generalopts.o: In function `KKonqGeneralOptions::profileConfig(QWidget const*)':
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase-9999.4/apps/konqueror/settings/konqhtml/generalopts.cpp:114: undefined reference to `KonqMainWindow::currentProfile() const'
CMakeFiles/kcm_konqhtml.dir/generalopts.o: In function `KonqMainWindow const* qobject_cast<KonqMainWindow const*>(QObject const*)':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:435: undefined reference to `KonqMainWindow::staticMetaObject'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/kcm_konqhtml.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [apps/konqueror/settings/konqhtml/CMakeFiles/kcm_konqhtml.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 98%] Building CXX object apps/dolphin/src/CMakeFiles/dolphin.dir/infosidebarpage.o

My emerge --info is here
Rikz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonK wrote:
Is anybody else getting this error when emerging kdebase-9999.4? :roll:
My emerge --info is here

Yes, same error for me. Right now I gonna re-emerge kdelibs, but it doesn't sound like a good way to solve this problem :)
mikedee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rikz wrote:
Yes, same error for me. Right now I gonna re-emerge kdelibs, but it doesn't sound like a good way to solve this problem :)

It didn't work for me :(

I am now getting this problem for all of the kde packages, is there a problem with their SVN??

Code:
 *      repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase
svn: No such revision 756708
DragonK
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikedee wrote:

Code:
 *      repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase
svn: No such revision 756708

This one happened to me too at some point, but I've erased what subversion had checked out (from the distfiles directory) and it has been re-checked-out at the next emerge...
Maleita
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

macunaima portage # svn co http://genkdesvn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/genkdesvn/kde4-stable/
svn: URL 'http://genkdesvn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/genkdesvn/kde4-stable' doesn't exist
macunaima portage # svn co http://genkdesvn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/genkdesvn/kde4-stable/
svn: URL 'http://genkdesvn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/genkdesvn/kde4-stable' doesn't exist
macunaima portage #
Philantrop
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleita wrote:
Code:

macunaima portage #

Read the first post in this thread. The thing in big, red letters.
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just moments ago, KDE 4.0 was moved into a branch and the trunk is now officially 4.1. Are we going to have 4.0 svn ebuilds that will pull from the 4.0 branch instead of trunk? Though, with as many bugs that are in 4.0 atm, it might be better to pull from trunk anyways. :P

Side-Note announcement that may be of interest to my fellow KDE4 svn users. I made a QT Copy ebuild for 4.3.3, since I could not find one unless I didn't look hard enough. There was QT Copy for 3.x in the XEffects overlay and before that maintained as a separate ebuild.

However, I made some changes to the way it's handled. In the 3.x ebuilds, the apply-patches script was always used, but this left leftover files and is not very "gentoo-like", so I figured out how to make the QT Copy patches work in a neat Gentoo way. This also allows you to see all the patches that are being applied instead of a message saying that qt copy patches are being applied. More verbose is always a good thing, sometimes. ;) :P I had to rename the patches a little, but they all apply and work. I left one out because I didn't feel like messing with it atm. Also, there is no qt-copy use flag, so there is no way to disable it, but you wouldn't download it if you didn't want it. :P

To install:
Download (See this thread now: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4694255.html)
Extract in an overlay directory.
emerge qt
enjoy. :)

Note to KDE4 overlay Maintainers: You can place this in the overlay if you wish. There are some nice fixes in this. :)

Also, if you notice that one of the QT Copy patches does the same thing as a sed line in the ebuild, let me know so I can remove the sed line. Thanks. Any other issues, please let me know about. Do not file bugs in Gentoo Bugs. You can file bugs at KDE Bugs, because they support this.

Oh, if some of you are having troubles with KDE4, this will not fix those troubles. ;) I am in the kde4-devel channel talking to the devs directly about some of the bugs I have. There are loads. -_- Hope they are fixed by 4.0 release date. Cheers.

Last edited by StifflerStealth on Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ingmarv
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StifflerStealth wrote:
Just moments ago, KDE 4.0 was moved into a branch and the trunk is now officially 4.1. Are we going to have 4.0 svn ebuilds that will pull from the 4.0 branch instead of trunk? Though, with as many bugs that are in 4.0 atm, it might be better to pull from trunk anyways. :P

The SVN ebuilds will be kept up to date for trunk, or at least as much as time allows us to. :)
We don't have any plans for ebuilds from branches. Every bugfix that goes into the branches goes into trunk too. The good old '4.0.0 will be done, when it's done' applies for now. Our ebuilds are fairly decent but we still have a list of known issues that we have to fix before KDE 4.0 is ready for portage.

In other words, "it" is coming to a tree near you. You're welcome to report any bugs in our packaging that we might not know about yet.

*puts soapbox away*

8)
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingmarv: There are no known bugs with your svn ebuilds. :) I haven't tested any of the ones based on tagged releases in the svn, only trunk ones. :) The bugs I have are with KDE itself. Though, I don't know if you fixed this yet, but it seems that amarok-9999.4 has a bad digest. Well, it did yesterday. :)

Oh, to those that want to know ... very very very soon there will be a freeze on branches/KDE/4.0/ so, if you repoint your ebuilds to that, you will get 4.0.0, for the most part. There is some activity in Trunk which is 4.1 now.

Ingmarv: (Part 2) :P : Anyways, with the above comment, maybe you can see what I was thinking of with my previous post. "branches/KDE/4.0/" is now the trunk for 4.0.x, and the main svn trunk is 4.1.x now. Those two will start to differ, so that is why I was wondering if you all were going to have a 4.0 trunk set of ebuilds that only pulled in 4.0 trunk, I didn't mean any of the tags for 4.0.x, just the Head part. Then the 4.1 trunk ebuilds would be the current trunk ebuilds that are in the overlay.

Is that more clear? :S

EDIT: According to IRC: 4.0.0 is in the process of being tagged!
EDIT2: Tagging halted while a show stopper bug is being worked on. -_-
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDE 4.0.0 is tagged and ready to roll. Compile against QT Copy from above for an even more exciting adventure. :)

Happy compiling. I will report back in like 6 or so hours when it's all done. :P

Whoooo! Party time! Compile fest time!

Later.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: