View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlowell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: xf86config Reply with quote

Running xf86config attempting to set up my card's driver, I'm asked to view a card database. Once in, I see 17 items listed with instructions to hit Enter to go to the next page or q to continue configuration. There are two things odd here: (1) hitting q simply shows the q and (2) hitting Enter takes me on to choose video memory. Since the last item on the list, Matrox, only seems to go half way through the alphabet, you get the feeling that you're not seeing all the cards and that you ought to be able to reach more somehow but, as I say, hitting Enter takes me on to the card memory configuration step, not to more listed cards.

Having done this before on another machine a few month back, my memory has it that there were a lot more than 17 cards listed. Is there some way I can manipulate the keyboard to reach the other cards if, in fact, they exist? Is there something corrupt here?

jlowell
ctford0
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like to use

XFree86 -configure

this will autogenerate a file for you, only a few things you need to change and your up and running. It also puts hardware specific options there for you to uncomment and use.

Chris
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: