Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Xfce4 Window Manager - Panel & Menu Question.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_nightw0lf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Xfce4 Window Manager - Panel & Menu Question. Reply with quote

Hey, I've recently emerged Xfce because it's supported under Compiz-Fusion.

The question is that: How can I make xfce look like fluxbox? I want to use transperant panels and menus..
Is that done by using the compiz-fusion plugins? or there is some options that I'm missing?
In addition I would like to know how can I edit the menu when I press right mouse button.

Thanks in advanced.
WakkaDojo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an answer to most of those questions, but I can help you with how to customize the bulk of the xfce drop menu. So far as I know there's no GUI program or anything that allows you to configure the menu, but the configurations can be done manually. Go to /usr/share/applications. In that directory there will be numerous *.desktop files. When the xfce menu pops up it is basically a front-end to these files. So, just edit them with vim or mousepad or something. You can change the categories, icons, and various other options. If you can't quite get it all the way you want just post back on this thread and I'll see if I can help any more.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: