Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paluszak
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
well, not in the mood to rebuild world, and I understand if the people who have solved this problem don't want to track exactly which packages need to be built. annoying, if anyone has any news, please share. I am going to rebuild evolution, gnome-panel, gnome-applets.

I didn't feel like rebuilding as well, but since mail-notification is small but extremely useful piece of software and there's really no substitute, I started to rebuild my system on Sunday, over 1000 packages. Let us know if rebuilding evolution, gnome-panel and gnome-applets did the magic, but personally I doubt.

J.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paluszak wrote:

I didn't feel like rebuilding as well, but since mail-notification is small but extremely useful piece of software and there's really no substitute, I started to rebuild my system on Sunday, over 1000 packages. Let us know if rebuilding evolution, gnome-panel and gnome-applets did the magic, but personally I doubt.

I confirm your personal doubts. i.e. rebuilding gnome-panel, gnome-applets, evolution and mail-notification did NOT do the trick.

I agree, this is a useful app. I have a couple of mail accounts and in one area tells me the status of all of them. i have a number of apps on my gnome-panel and some of them i haven't used in weeks. but that mail-notification, very handy.
paluszak
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did emerge -eb world and everything seems to be ok, and my system was in need of emerge -e world anyway, cause I've never done it since I installed gentoo about 4 years ago.

Anyway, on another system I take care of and which has almost the same configuration, a simple emerge -ekN mail-notification fixed the things, and I used the binary repository built on the first system during emerge -eb world.

So the conclusion is that you don't really need to do a full emerge -e world, emerge -e mail-notification should be sufficient.

I don't feel like trying to check out which package exactly caused mail-notification's segfaults, but I'd like to know if someone manages to figure it out anyway.

Cheers,
J.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did emerge --sync and upgraded to mail-notication 4.0. same thing. :(
paluszak
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
did emerge --sync and upgraded to mail-notication 4.0. same thing. :(

Try cleanining ccache's cache and doing emerge -e mail-notification, should help.

J.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upgraded to gnome 2.20 and, of course, a number of things got upgraded (pango, libwnck etc) and the mail-notification problem is gone now.

yay!!!

so and emerge -v gnome did the trick.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: