Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Issues with compiz-fusion - no cube / expo? system hangs?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaceTM
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Issues with compiz-fusion - no cube / expo? system hangs? Reply with quote

Hey all,
I recently started playing with compiz-fusion and managed to get it installed on my laptop. I am having some weird issues, however, and I spent a good chunk of last night googling, checking the wiki, browsing the compiz-fusion forums, etc. I was hoping somebody here might have come across similar problems, or might suggest wehre I can turn to for additional troubleshooting steps.

basically, my issues right now are that

- Some effects dont work. wobbly windows, transparency, rain, and some other effects work, however cube, expo, fire, among others do not. In an attempt to fix cube I have made sure I am set to 4 virtual desktops in the compiz settings manager, but no luck there.

- My system hangs when I try to log off or shut down. It hangs hard - I cant switch to a terminal to shutdown, I cant ctrl+alt+backspace to restart X, anad I cant do anything but lok at the blak screen witha c ursor on it (and move the cursor). If I press the power button on the laptop enough times it triggers a shutdown, but the screen remains black until it powers off so I dont see teh shtudown procedure and I dont think its shutting down properly.

I am using an nvidia geforce4 go series card with nvidia-drivers. I am nto sure what otehr information you guys would need but let me know and I will post it. I a also using emerals as the window manager.
ikshaar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compiz-fusion is not in portage so it's for sure unsupported.

I would recommend you check for threads in the unsupported software folder, or the place where you got it from.

In all case without any error message, I doubt anyone will be able to help much.
RaceTM
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ikshaar,

Unfortunately there are no error messages which is why I am sort of having a hard time figuring out what to do next :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: