View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djf_jeff
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Enlightenment and X cursor Reply with quote

I have Xfree 4.3-r2 installed and enlightenment 0.16.5-r4.

I use the gentoo-blue cursor and when i'm in mozilla and other apps, it work. But it dont work in Eterm or on the E desktop. It switch to a black cursor.

Can I make the E cursor similar to the X cursor?
hook
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try using the same X cursor as your E cursor ...i've never successfully used E, but i think itshould work ...it's probably the same cursor, just a different app that loads it (just like the difference between bsetroot and Esetroot)

(deep inside i'm still a tux's little helper)
jokerbone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: enlightenment cursors Reply with quote

E cursors are part of the E theme that you are using. When E came out, it was a great feature ;)

To get rid of E's old cursors you'll have to modify the theme package you are using - if you completely remove the cursor files from the theme, it will fail to load them and default to nice X 4.3 cursors.

Not using 4.3 currently but look in
~/.enlightenment/theme/cursors

Kinda hackish but getting rid of the cursors directory all together may do the trick.
jokerbone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: e-cvs + a custom theme file Reply with quote

Thanks to this patch, E 16 can use native X4.3 cursors. Check E out of cvs as it has seen a bit of activity since 4.3 was released and already contains the patch.

The post mentions but does not provide the cursors.cfg you'll need. This can probably be improved but it works for me - save in the path below and clear your e config cache then reload the theme.

~/.enlightenment/themes/yourtheme/cursors/cursors.cfg
bestel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've browsed the CVS repositery and read some changes about the native cursor patch. Unfortunatly the link that you provide in your previous message to download this patch is broken.

I don't want to install the CVS version manually, so I'm waiting for a new ebuild :)

Thanks a lot for your aswers !
abracadaver
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't get this to work...i'm using the latest cvs version of e16 and when i replace the cursors.cfg file of my theme all i get is a black X for a cursor...any suggestions? the only difference i can see is that my themes are in /usr/share/enlightenment/themes but that shouldn't make any difference, i checked all the permisions of the cursors and files
jokerbone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: enlightenment + x4.3 cursor Reply with quote

Quote:
i replace the cursors.cfg file of my theme all i get is a black X for a cursor...any suggestions?

The fact that replacing it broke your cursors seems to point to the file being in the right place the first time. hrmmmm

I can't think of anything that would break it... Did you purge the E config file cache (in the maintenance menu)

~/.enlightenment/cached/cfg/ would be empty immediately after doing so.
abracadaver
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason my Maintanance menu dissapeared since upgrading to 16.6 so I was unable to clear the cache that way, previously i just logged out and restarted X, that does not work, you must clear cache with the econfig tool "e_cache_clean" (which is how it does it via the maintanance menu)
its nice to have uniform cursors :]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: