View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theRealMorpheu5
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] kde-3.5.8 being blocked by nonexistent monolithic Reply with quote

Hello forum. It seems that I'm another victim of the monolithic-vs-split ebuilds issue regarding KDE - but in a very strange way to me.

Yesterday I issued a --depclean just after removing a package which is totally unrelated to kde. Emerge started to compute deps and I switched to my own business for a couple of packages. When I had a look at the screen I saw it was deleting a huge part of kde packages, including kdebase-meta from release 3.5.8.

I'm absolutely sure I have kde installed via split ebuilds since this is a recent installation and I followed the split guide.

Thanks.

EDIT: I don't know if this is really "solved" but it seems that emerging kdebase-meta have fixed this issue and --depclean is not anymore trying to take kde down.
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever reason those packages were not in the dependency tree of anything in the world list. Which serves as a reminder to never run emerge --depclean unless you know that you want it to do what it will do without any intervention, instead use emerge -a --depclean to allow the list of prospective removals to be reviewed prior to execution.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: