View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: A present for all Logitech G15 and/or MX Revolution owners Reply with quote

I'm writing a software package to provide the same functionality as the Logitech one for Windows. In the spirit of "release often, release early", here it is.

http://www.qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Logitech+Applet?content=69194

It's not very functional right now, but it does provide a minimal gui that you can at least sue to control the lights on your keyboard and the contrast of the LCD screen (ostensibly - it doesn't work for me right now, but if there is a problem the it's with libg15). Check it out and let me know what you think.

If anyone feels like writing a GTK client for the daemon, please do ;) I don't think I'll get around to it for a while yet, so if you are using GNOME/XFCE and absolutely hate Qt then this is your chance :p I'll document the code soon, but for know all you need to know is that it uses the DBUS System bus and sits on org.freedesktop.LogitechDaemon and exposes the functions set_kb_brightness( int ), set_lcd_brightness( int ) and set_lcd_contrast( int ). Just grab the logitechdaemon.xml DBUS Introspection file from the source and reuse it in your application.

All comments are welcome, let me know what you think, or if it even runs for you. I haven't tested it on x86_64 but it should work out of the box. If someone would be so kind as to write an ebuild for it I would be most grateful, I switched to Arch a year or so ago (traitor I know) and I have forgotten how to write them, although I suppose I could knock one together if no-one turns out to be willing ;)
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know about revoko? And will your tool have support for DiNovo Edge?

You could implement it's functionality into your applet for the MX revolution...
http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/dev/betelgeuse/app-misc/revoco/
http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/betelgeuse/2006/11/26/getting_mx_revolution_setup_in_gentoo

from now on I am watching this thread...

Ah, and why not provide aebuild for your tool would be way easier to intall it ;-)

I would be willing to test features regarding the mx revolution and DiNovoe Edge

regards
blubbi

http://olausson.de
Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revoko isn't a complex tool - all it does is send some commands the the mouse using libusb. The mouse interprets the data and acts accordingly. It's not even a lot of code - most of the code is setting up the libusb connection/interface :p The actual code that does anything that the user notices are only a few lines. I hope to have incorperated the code quite soon actually - it's annoying the hell out of me that I can't set up my mouse the way I want it. :p

I will try and write an ebuild, although since I can't test it it'll be a hit and miss affair. Althoguh, if you lot are willing to be guinea pigs... ;)
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't test it... i can write the ebuild.

Will get on it right the next day.

regards
blubbi

Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice. Make the ebuild check out the SVN code if you would, the 0.1 release is already lagging behind significantly. I don't upload code until it both compiles and runs. Pass the command -DCOMPILE_C_VERSION=1 to cmake for logitechdaemon, then it compiles the C daemon and only has glib, dbus, dbus-glib, glib2, libg15 and libdaemon as it's dependencies (no Qt4).

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by Valheru on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allright... seems like a easy one.

will report in a day or two.

blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on the ebuild right now... wold it make much trouble to compile the deamon only for mice and/or keybort...

For example I don't have a g15 Keyboard... just a MX revolution mouse... so why should I need dev-libs/libg15?

This would be nice and could be controlled via use flags which features/devices to include.

regards
blubbi

blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so far my ebuild works but I can't compile your tool:
(using latest SVN checkout)

root@stargazer $ cmake .
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Found libg15: /usr/lib/libg15.so
-- Found libdaemon: /usr/lib/libdaemon.so
-- Found dbus-glib: /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so
-- Found dbus: /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so
-- Found GLIB2: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999
21:56:27 [/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999]
root@stargazer $ make
[ 33%] Generating dbusobjectglue.h
Scanning dependencies of target logitechdaemon
[ 66%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/dbusobject.o
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_get_type«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:48: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp
[100%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/main.o
Linking C executable logitechdaemon
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/dbusobject.o: In function `dbus_object_set_lcd_brightness':
dbusobject.c:(.text+0xba3): undefined reference to `setLCDBrightness'
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/dbusobject.o: In function `dbus_object_set_lcd_contrast':
dbusobject.c:(.text+0xbf5): undefined reference to `setLCDContrast'
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/dbusobject.o: In function `dbus_object_set_kb_brightness':
dbusobject.c:(.text+0xc47): undefined reference to `setKBBrightness'
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/dbusobject.o: In function `dbus_object_blank_screen':
dbusobject.c:(.text+0xc9a): undefined reference to `writePixmapToLCD'
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/dbusobject.o: In function `dbus_object_show_logo':
dbusobject.c:(.text+0xcfc): undefined reference to `writePixmapToLCD'
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/main.o: In function `exitLogitechDaemon':
main.c:(.text+0x701): undefined reference to `writePixmapToLCD'
main.c:(.text+0x725): undefined reference to `setKBBrightness'
main.c:(.text+0x731): undefined reference to `setLCDBrightness'
main.c:(.text+0x73d): undefined reference to `setLCDContrast'
main.c:(.text+0x749): undefined reference to `setLEDs'
main.c:(.text+0x74e): undefined reference to `exitLibG15'
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/main.o: In function `initialize':
main.c:(.text+0xa3f): undefined reference to `initLibG15'
main.c:(.text+0xa71): undefined reference to `writePixmapToLCD'
main.c:(.text+0xa95): undefined reference to `setLEDs'
main.c:(.text+0xaa1): undefined reference to `setKBBrightness'
main.c:(.text+0xaad): undefined reference to `setLCDBrightness'
main.c:(.text+0xab9): undefined reference to `setLCDContrast'
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/main.o: In function `main':
main.c:(.text+0xc29): undefined reference to `daemon_close_all'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [src/logitechdaemon] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
21:56:33 [/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999]
root@stargazer $

Last edited by blubbi on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be shure... (I am no coder) what are the compile time deps and the runtime deps for your tool?
(to clean up my ebuild)

Is the below right?

Code:

DEPEND="dev-util/cmake
        dev-libs/dbus-glib
        dev-libs/glib
        dev-libs/libdaemon"

RDEPEND="dev-libs/libg15
        sys-apps/dbus"

Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

libg15 is a compile time dependency. The linker errors you are getting stem from the fact that the linker is not linking the executable to the libg15 library.

I will be changing the daemon when I incorporate the mouse code so that you can tell it at compile time if you want to compile in mouse support and/or keyboard support. There is still no mouse support, I have only gotten in keyboard support to control the light intensity and LCD screen. Busy working on implementing the G,M and L keys, and setting up code to display pictures on the LCD. Need to write a plugin template for developers too so that they can make libraries that can display stuff on the LCD screen.

I probably will include some basic mouse support before that though, I just want the buttons configurable and that shouldn't take too much work.Just need to catch the button events and let the user configure what they want to be sent as keypresses instead of button events. That is pretty basic uinput code as far as I can tell.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Unsupported Software.
unsupported stuff, so moved here.

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine fine...
But what should I do against the linker error?

Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blubbi wrote:
Fine fine...
But what should I do against the linker error?

Add libg15 as a DEPEND instead of as an RDEPEND?
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I can't even compile it manually!

I have installed libg15. But no go. I am on x68.

cmake . (or cmake -DCOMPILE_C_VERSION=1 .) works
make fails

Code:
root@stargazer $ cmake .
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999

Code:
root@stargazer $ make
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:22:26: Fehler: libg15render.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:27:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.h:36: Fehler: expected »=«, »,«, »;«, »asm« or »__attribute__« before »*« token
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_get_type«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:48: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_class_init«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:80: Warnung: Zuweisung erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:91: Warnung: Zuweisung erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:102: Warnung: Zuweisung erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_init«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:120: Fehler: »canvas« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:120: Fehler: (Jeder nicht deklarierte Bezeichner wird nur einmal aufgeführt
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:120: Fehler: für jede Funktion in der er auftritt.)
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:120: Fehler: »g15canvas« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:120: Fehler: expected expression before »)« token
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_finalize«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:173: Fehler: »canvas« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_blank_screen«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:220: Fehler: »canvas« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_show_logo«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:233: Warnung: Unverträgliche implizite Deklaration der eingebauten Funktion »memcpy«
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:233: Fehler: »canvas« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/dbusobject.o] Fehler 1

blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry, dev-libs/libg15render was missing....

blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now there is an other error:

Code:
root@stargazer $ make
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c: In Funktion »dbus_object_class_init«:
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:80: Warnung: Zuweisung erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:91: Warnung: Zuweisung erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:102: Warnung: Zuweisung erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
CMakeFiles/logitechdaemon.dir/main.o: In function `main':
main.c:(.text+0x540): undefined reference to `daemon_close_all'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [src/logitechdaemon] Fehler 1
15:15:46 [/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999]
root@stargazer $                                                                 

Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a function to in libdaemon, AFAIK. Wierd, I am not getting these errors at all on Arch Linux. What version of libdaemon are you using?
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[I] dev-libs/libdaemon
Available versions: 0.3 0.5 0.7 0.8 0.10 ~0.11 ~0.11-r1 ~0.12 {doc}
Installed versions: 0.10(19:51:14 21.10.2007)(-doc)

Just tested 0.11 .... it works with 0.11

Now all I'll have to do is to rewrite your init script for gentoo and make a manual install.. than the ebuild is finised.

blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, finally the ebuild is working and the init script is ready.

It compiles but I can't run it...

svn revision 33

Code:

root@stargazer $ logitechdaemon
Process 26267 died: No such process; removing PID file. (/var/run/logitechdaemon.pid)

the ebuild can for now be found on http://olausson.de/dev/

When I got it running for the first time I'll put it in the bugzilla.

here's the output of my ebuild:
http://rafb.net/p/zpryO111.html

Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVN code is fixed now. Silly little mistake while finding out how the everlasting f*ck you emit dbus signals from glib. I swear, I have NEVER seen worse code documentation that that of glib.

There are also packages up on the googlecode websites.

http://code.google.com/p/logitechdaemon/

http://code.google.com/p/logitechapplet/

Thanks massively for your work.
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's the ebuild for the applet... this one is working fine... but the deamon still refuses to run...

http://olausson.de/dev/

Code:
logitechdaemon
Process 2361 died: No such process; removing PID file. (/var/run/logitechdaemon.pid)

svn rev 35

Maybe you could check the ebuild... just the src_compile src_install section...

But even manually a "cmake . && make && make install" makes no difference
It compiles fine but does not run.

Code:
21:53:04 [/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999]
root@stargazer $ cmake . && make && make install
-- Found libg15render: /usr/lib/libg15render.so
-- Found g15tools: /usr/lib/libg15.so /usr/lib/libg15render.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999/src/dbusobject.c:57: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp
[100%] Built target logitechdaemon
[100%] Built target logitechdaemon
Linking C executable CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir/logitechdaemon
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: ""
-- Install configuration: ""
-- Installing /etc/rc.d/logitech-daemon
-- Installing /etc/dbus-1/system.d/logitech-daemon.conf
-- Installing /usr/bin/logitechdaemon
-- Installing /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.LogitechDaemon.service
21:53:11 [/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/logitechdaemon-9999/work/logitechdaemon-9999]
root@stargazer $

Code:
oot@stargazer $ /usr/bin/logitechdaemon
Process 6126 died: No such process; removing PID file. (/var/run/logitechdaemon.pid)

Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really wierd. Does your dmesg output point to the program segfaulting? What are your CFLAGS? You might want to unset the CFLAGS in the ebuild so that it compiles without any "ricing".

An error I noticed in the ebuild :

Remove the Qt USE flags. The daemon doesn't depend on Qt at all. The applet only depends on Qt4 - it won't even compile using Qt3.

The daemon doesn't know the COMPILE_C_VERSION or COMPILE_CPP_VERSION options any more - I dropped the CXX/Qt4 code when I got glib working on Monday. Sorry for not being clear about that.

You also aren't installing the logitech-daemon rc script I noticed. Are you using it to start the daemon? Are you trying to start it as root? It NEEDS to run as root, like the rest of the system daemons, you can't just run it as a normal user. Using the "/etc/rc.d/logitech-daemon start" command to start it should make it work. I shall put in debug code so that you can compile it with a debug flag to get debug output.
blubbi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valheru wrote:
That is really wierd. Does your dmesg output point to the program segfaulting? What are your CFLAGS? You might want to unset the CFLAGS in the ebuild so that it compiles without any "ricing".

An error I noticed in the ebuild :

Remove the Qt USE flags. The daemon doesn't depend on Qt at all. The applet only depends on Qt4 - it won't even compile using Qt3.

The daemon doesn't know the COMPILE_C_VERSION or COMPILE_CPP_VERSION options any more - I dropped the CXX/Qt4 code when I got glib working on Monday. Sorry for not being clear about that.

Okay, no problem I'll remove it. [EDIT] Already updated [/EDIT]

Valheru wrote:

You also aren't installing the logitech-daemon rc script I noticed. Are you using it to start the daemon? Are you trying to start it as root? It NEEDS to run as root, like the rest of the system daemons, you can't just run it as a normal user. Using the "/etc/rc.d/logitech-daemon start" command to start it should make it work. I shall put in debug code so that you can compile it with a debug flag to get debug output.

I know, I wrote my own gentoo style init script: http://olausson.de/dev/logitechdaemon/ebuild/files/logitechdaemon

but as you see I tryed to start it as root.
and dmsg show the following:
Code:
logitechdaemon[5052]: segfault at 00000000 eip b7da5837 esp bfd767d8 error 6
logitechdaemon[6126]: segfault at 00000000 eip b7dd9837 esp bf9f5c58 error 6
logitechdaemon[6879]: segfault at 00000000 eip b7de5837 esp bfab8cd8 error 6

and I don't think my cflags are the case:
Code:
-march=pentium-m -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

By the way... I am working on my Laptop... so there is no Logitech stuff attached... if that could be the reason....

[EDIT] I tried with flag-o-matic and striped all cflags... same result and a friend of mine can reproduce this behavior [/EDIT]

Valheru
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it could be that not havign a G15 is crashing it, I shall have to build a check into the code that disables some stuff if the hardware isn't found.
DrAgOnTuX
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news on this project?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: