View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shugaa
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Katapult alternative for XFCE Reply with quote

Hi,

I decided to try something new a few days ago and switched from KDE to XFCE for a little more minimalism. So far I must say I'm quite happy with this decision. The only thing I'm really missing in everyday work is an XFCE counterpart to KDE's Katapult to quickly launch applications by just typing a few letters of their name.
Does anyone know of something doing a similar job while being a little more GTK'ish?

Regrads
davidgurvich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always try the Alt+F2 combination, same as in KDE without katapult. A dialog screen pops up where you can type a command name that goes into memory for the next time you use the dialog.
shugaa
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I know about the run dialog. The problem is just that in most cases when I bring it up it still contains the last command entered which is _not_ selected (sometimes it is though). So I have to delete the input field's contents prior to typing a new command. This is kind of annoying.
davidgurvich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my system the last command comes highlighted and autocompletes as I type. I don't recall if I had to change a setting for the autocompletion. Regardless, that seems quite acceptable for a random command. If you want true speed you might try keybinding various combinations for your most used commands.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: