Mythfrontend crashing X Windows, may be qt3 problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doconnor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Mythfrontend crashing X Windows, may be qt3 problem Reply with quote

I've installed mythtv on Gentoo. I've had the problem of the mythfrontend crashing X when exiting or when accessing the Appearance Setup. When it crashes, the screen goes blank and the keyboard become non responsive. I can log in remotely and reboot from there. When I do and I run "ps -e" it seems that all the programs that where running under X are gone.

I could live with it for now, but I want to update to mythtv-multirec from the SVN repository, and it now crashes when try upgrading the sql structures, which has to be done before mythfrontend or mythtv-setup can be used.

I suspect that it is a bug in QT 3.3.8 that is cause the problem.

This message discusses the patch to QT to fix this. I believe a copy of the patch can be found here.

It is also possible this probably is not caused by this problem, which is a segmentation fault caused by accessing mysql. It does seem to happen when mysql is being used, but you think that wouldn't bring down all of X Windows.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: