View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breakerfall
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Thunar has gnomes foot instead of the usual loading status Reply with quote

Hey,

as the title describes, thunar doesn't have it's pretty loading / working animation anymore, it has that toe throbbing gnome foot. How can I get it to display the old working status animation again? See the top right of the image for what I'm referring to:

http://thunar.xfce.org/images/filewindow-1.png
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks more to me like you just need to switch to a different GTK+ theme. Did you switch recently? Different GTK+ application themes will use different throbbers, widgets, icons, etc. -- the only time I've seen the throbber change is when it changed as a result of a theme switch.
breakerfall
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried switching gtk themes and icons from within xfce but the throbber doesn't change. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing what it was you were doing that led to the change, it's hard to make suggestions. Did you update thunar? Would re-emerging help? Downgrading, possibly? Re-emerging gtk-themes-xfce? Did you switch gtk engines? Not just your theme, but the engine itself? Did you change your icon theme?
breakerfall
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I started off with gnome. It's a new install on a new computer and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I subsequently decided to go back to xfce, though gnome is nice. I installed thunar and co after gnome...

I've tried re-emerging thunar, I've tried setting a different icon theme. But I'm not sure how to change the actual "gtk engine" that's being used, I guessed that was what I was doing in the gnome-theme-manager.
itchanddino
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue. I've only used Xfce on this install, but I recently installed Abiword. It pulls the gnome-icon-theme as a dependency, which I'm guessing led to the foot being in the top right. Even when I switch from the Gnome theme to the Rodent theme, the gnome foot stays. It also changed my default icons for the terminal and file manager to the Gnome set, even when I'm using Rodent. It's annoying :(

Edit: It seems that gnome-icon-theme symlinks to a few things that the xfce theme also symlinks to.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: