networkmanager-pptp NetworkManager Plugin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan83518
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: networkmanager-pptp NetworkManager Plugin Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some help with the pptp plugin for NetworkManager. I've had NetworkManager working for the past few months flawlessly so no problems there. Recently I had to go out of town and realized I needed VPN access to work in case anything went wrong. Before I was dual booting with XP and ubuntu so this was never an issue, but as of late I only had Gentoo on my laptop so I needed to get this working. I unmasked the hard mask that was put on the pptp plugin and installed it. Everything seemed to work fine. I then restarted the NetworkManager and tried to connect to my VPN but no dice. As a work around for my trip I installed ubuntu on a spare partition and installed the pptp plugin that they include for networkmanager and I have absolutely no problems with getting that plugin to install and connect to my work (as I did this before).

There seem to be quite a few differences between the ubuntu implementation and the ebuild provided in portage. If you install the plugin on Ubuntu and go to add a connection its a two step process which I assume is configuring everything for you, but also if you go to edit a connection there are many more options for configuring your VPN connections. Could this just be a difference in the version of the pptp plugin included in portage and included in the gutsy repos? If so does anyone out there have an ebuild for the latest version of networkmanager-pptp? If that doesn't seem possible maybe someone who has gotton the pptp plugin to work can give me a hand or point me in the right direction. When looking at my error logs it seems like a connection is being made but ends up failing and I haven't been able to figure out why thats happening, the logs don't seem to point me to the problem. Please help, thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: