Gentoo furniture, CafeShops
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senso
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Gentoo furniture, CafeShops Reply with quote

Earlier this week, I ordered a Gentoo hat from CafeShop and it shipped today. I liked the design but I think more items could be available. I'd love to see stuff with Larry the Cow, or different logos/images on shirts, etc.

Since opening a shop there seems to be free (from what I've read), and since a lot of people did excellent Gentoo artwork, I don't see why we don't have more choice.

What do you think? I don't know if it's easy to transfer the profits to Gentoo, but that should be doable.
axxackall
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Gentoo furniture, CafeShops Reply with quote

Senso wrote:
Earlier this week, I ordered a Gentoo hat from CafeShop and it shipped today. I liked the design but I think more items could be available. I'd love to see stuff with Larry the Cow, or different logos/images on shirts, etc.

Since opening a shop there seems to be free (from what I've read), and since a lot of people did excellent Gentoo artwork, I don't see why we don't have more choice.

What do you think? I don't know if it's easy to transfer the profits to Gentoo, but that should be doable.

I am not sure why do you have "furniture" word in your subject (why not car or airjet?).

But I support your idea to have more pictures on shirts.

Let's create a contest, right here on gentoo Forums and let's make weekly-based polls for the best images submitted. The winner's images must go to CafeShops to be printed on shirts for sale, while the winner's names must go to GWN as "Gentoo shirt designer of the week".
Senso
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Gentoo furniture, CafeShops Reply with quote

axxackall wrote:

I am not sure why do you have "furniture" word in your subject (why not car or airjet?).

But I support your idea to have more pictures on shirts.

Let's create a contest, right here on gentoo Forums and let's make weekly-based polls for the best images submitted. The winner's images must go to CafeShops to be printed on shirts for sale, while the winner's names must go to GWN as "Gentoo shirt designer of the week".

I used furniture because they also sell mugs and stickers. Anyway, I like your contest idea.
puggy
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Gentoo furniture, CafeShops Reply with quote

Senso wrote:
I used furniture because they also sell mugs and stickers. Anyway, I like your contest idea.

Interesting. That's not what I call furniture. I've moaned about the range of goods available in the gentoo shop a few times in various other posts. I just want something that looks cool and isn't white and isn't bearing a neon sign saying "I'm a gimp, look at me, I've never pulled a woman in my life". Also having a penguin or a cow on really doesn't do it for me either. Is that too much to ask?!? :-D

Puggy
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: