Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
DDR Dance Pad, setup help? (Multi-pad usage?)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NagaDrag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: DDR Dance Pad, setup help? (Multi-pad usage?) Reply with quote

I've recently got a DDR Pad (2 of them) from DDRGAME

they are both nonslip mats, with a multiplatform feature, including a USB-Plug (not an adaptor, but a wired USB connector already, out of the box)

The question is, how do I set it up correctly?

the pad itself is seen, through dmesg, when plugged in, but I cannot seem to find a /dev/input/js0 or anything of the sort.

DMESG Output after connecting the pad:
Code:
usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 2-1: device descriptor read/all, error 15
usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 2-1: device descriptor read/all, error -110
usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
input: DDR2SET DDR2SET as /class/input/input6
input: USB HID v1.00 Joystick [DDR2SET DDR2SET] on usb-0000:00:1d.1-1
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver

There seems to be no activity from the pad, even after I turned stepmania on....

A howto link, or explanation would help, as I havent found any usefull information by doing a search for DDR Pad in Gentoo

thanks for your help :)

Last edited by NagaDrag on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you have joystick support in the kernel. Also, if you do a search on the forums for 'dance pad', you should get some threads that help.
NagaDrag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that did it =)

Now, how do I set it up so as that both pads work at the same time (IE 2 player)

Right now, only one seems to work

PS: /dev/input contains a JS0 and a JS2 now or a JS0 and a JS1, if I plug them in one after another,

Edit: still the second pad refuses to output TO Stepmania, but the second overall, responds, and so does the first (different terminals, cat /dev/input/js0 and in another same one to js1/2) Pad 2 responds in one terminal , and not the other, Pad 1 does the same (so no input conflict)
Dark Defender
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NagaDrag wrote:
Ok, that did it =)

Now, how do I set it up so as that both pads work at the same time (IE 2 player)

PS: /dev/input contains a JS0 and a JS2 now or a JS0 and a JS1, if I plug them in one after another,

Edit: still the second pad refuses to output TO Stepmania, but the second overall, responds, and so does the first (different terminals, cat /dev/input/js0 and in another same one to js1/2) Pad 2 responds in one terminal , and not the other, Pad 1 does the same (so no input conflict)

To get my Pad to work at all in stepmania i had to install Qjoypad and bind the input it different keys. Not the best solution for me because sometimes Qjoypad unbinds all current binds when i try to set new ones. But it works :P
NagaDrag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Defender wrote:
NagaDrag wrote:
Ok, that did it =)

To get my Pad to work at all in stepmania i had to install Qjoypad and bind the input it different keys. Not the best solution for me because sometimes Qjoypad unbinds all current binds when i try to set new ones. But it works :P

Hmmm, seems that Pad 2, doesnt even want to output to QJoypad as well (no matter which pad is #2), Qjoypad registers Joystick 1 and Joystick 2, but only receives input from Joystick 1

It is not the pad, because If I reverse the order I plug them in (so that Pad1 registers as Pad2, and vice versa) the current Pad 1 always works
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: