View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hfk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Jamming X11 Reply with quote

I'm pretty new in Gentoo.

I updated the X11 on my D630 Notebook and got a System not usable. The X11 is jamming.
Closing windows lets some fragments on the screen vanishing when another action is started.

The text cursor of an entry field or a xterm is often not visible.

The effect is independent on the kernel configuration and version ( kernel-2.6.23-gentoo-r1 and kernel-2.6.23-gentoo-r3).
Fluxbox and KDE show the same behavior. The binary version and the compiled version of the firefox are the same.

X11 did run fine with kernel-2.6.23-gentoo-r1, Xorg-7.3 and xorg-server-1.4 but the capslock LED did not work.

Code:
emerge -avutND world

and applying a bugfix on the xorg-server-1.4 raised the problems but the LED are ok :(

All my tests failed:

1. use Xorg-7.3 and xorg-server-1.4
2. use Xorg-7.2 und xorg-server-1.3
3. Installing a new Gentoo a minimal X and fluxbox

My USE flags are

Code:
USE="X perl smartcard tk fam dell acpi pcmcia unicode lm_sensors nls gtk opengl -gnome \
     qt kde qt3 usb truetype mozilla spell ncurses png ssl apache2 \
     fbcon id3tag mbrola dvd alsa cdr vhosts jpeg tiff xinerama -emacs -xemacs \
     bitmap-fonts truetype-fonts type1-fonts -font-server -nptl"

The emerge results
Code:

[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r2  USE="dri ipv6 xorg -3dfx -debug -dmx -kdrive -minimal -nptl -sdl -xprint" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse -acecad -aiptek -calcomp -citron -digitaledge -dmc -dynapro -elo2300 -elographics -evdev -fpit -hyperpen -jamstudio -joystick -magellan -microtouch -mutouch -palmax -penmount -spaceorb -summa -synaptics -tek4957 -ur98 -vmmouse -void -wacom" VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev i810 vesa -apm -ark -chips -cirrus -cyrix -dummy -epson -fglrx -glint -i128 -i740 (-impact) -imstt -mach64 -mga -neomagic (-newport) -nsc -nv -nvidia -r128 -radeon -rendition -s3 -s3virge -savage -siliconmotion -sis -sisusb (-sunbw2) (-suncg14) (-suncg3) (-suncg6) (-sunffb) (-sunleo) (-suntcx) -tdfx -tga -trident -tseng -v4l -vga -via -vmware -voodoo"

Are the USE flags ok?

I suppose that the problem also could be the virtual package x11-base/xorg-x11 using something like (xorg-x11-7.2)

Code:
RDEPEND="${RDEPEND}
    >=x11-apps/mesa-progs-6.5.2
    >=x11-apps/setxkbmap-1.0.2

This implies that a real downgrade is not possible. There may be included a problematic new package. But which?

Thanks for some help.
Heiner
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: