View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unknown_user
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: [solved]Video Editing Software which can handle AVCHD-format Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know a software which is able to convert or edit ".mts" or ".m2ts" files ?
I already tried Cinelerra, Kino and avidemux, but without any success :(

If no software directly supports AVCHD-videos, is there a way to convert these files into a format,
which can be loaded by Cinelerra ?

I got a Sony HDR-SR5E as a present, and just do not want to install a windows,
only because of my video-encoding problem.

thx,
unknown

Last edited by unknown_user on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unknown_user wrote:
Does anyone know a software which is able to convert or edit ".mts" or ".m2ts" files?
Kdenlive is said to support AVC video, see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/What_Kdenlive_is.

AVC is basically mpeg4 with h.264 compression, so if you want Kdenlive and other programs such as Cinelerra to support it, you should take care to have x264 (as well as a52 and aac for audio) in your USE flags.
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avidemux should be able to handle that. Check your useflags.
unknown_user
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support and your hint, that kdenlive can edit mts-files. :D

After several attempts to find a stable and working solution for my video-editing
problem - I found out that kdenlive works best for my needs.

For everyone who has the same problem like me and wants to use kdenlive-
here is a short version of an install-guide:

As you need a current version of ffmpeg to have an AVCHD-support,
-add "ffmpeg-svn" to your overlays
Code:

layman -a ffmpeg-svn

-unmask ffmpeg in package.keywords.
Code:

echo "media-video/ffmpeg" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

-add these USE-flags to your make.conf:
Code:
x264 aac a52 swscale

-and install ffmpeg:
Code:
emerge ffmpeg

at least you can install kdenlive.

greetz,
unknown
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unknown_user wrote:
add these USE-flags to your make.conf:
Code:
x264 aac a52 swscale
The USE flag should be "swscaler".

BTW, are you sure you need the ffmpeg overlay? I don't have any mts file at my disposal, but I think the current stable ffmpeg will work as well. Or am I wrong? And what is the "swscaler" use flag for? Thanks :).
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I emerged ffmpeg ("ffmpeg-20071223") from layman "ffmpeg-svn" as you told to do, then I reemerged kdenlive 0.4 but still kdenlive tells me that the .mts is not supported when I'm trying to add a new clip in a new project.
Any idea ?
Is there any more recent version from kdenlive that could handle h264 / AVCHD ??

Thanks
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E001758 wrote:
I reemerged kdenlive 0.4
First, you probably should not only re-emerge kdenlive, but also mlt, which is the backend for kdenlive and directly depends on ffmpeg. However, the best would be to do a
Code:
revdep-rebuild

E001758 wrote:
but still kdenlive tells me that the .mts is not supported when I'm trying to add a new clip in a new project
I'm not sure, since I never used that format so far, but I think so. What I know for sure, is that HDV support was only introduced with kdenlive 0.5. Anyhow, kdenlive 0.4 is quite outdated, and I would install a newer version, but check your USE flags before!

E001758 wrote:
Is there any more recent version from kdenlive
First, there is an unofficial ebuild for 0.5 here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=188626. If you're an experienced user, however, I would recommend to compile from the sources. I'm using svn-1825, and it works fine. For instructions, see the Kdenlive-wikibook: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/Getting_and_installing.
Cheers.

=========================
German language handbook for Kdenlive: http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-emerged all the components (mts, mts++, ffmpeg and kdenlive).
ffmpeg come from ffmpeg-svn overlay.
kdenlive is the 0.5 ebuild from bugzilla.

The result is that kdenlive crashes straight after the launch. I can only the splash-screen of kdenlive and that's it... :cry:

Hope the 0.5 will join the official tree fast, so I can manage the rush I'm currently making...

Any ideas welcome to solve my crash, but anyway, thanks a lot for the help so far.
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hope the 0.5 will join the official tree fast
I think 0.5 will not make it to the tree at all. Currently, there is no maintainer for the package :-(. Unfortunately, I don't feel experienced enough with bash-scripting and coding in general to do the job.
According to recent posts in the developers' mailing list, kdenlive 0.6 will be released midst/end of march. This will be the last release depending on qt3, and is mainly intended as a bug fix release. Let's hope some Gentoo guru out there will adopt the orphaned package soon.

As to your problem, you may try to delete ~/.kde/share/config/kdenliverc and relaunch kdenlive again.
Hope it helps.
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still crash.
I only managed to launch kdenlive but it crashed quite straight after any first click.
I've never seen such unstable program. It so unstable that it feels impossible that the developpers of kdenlive have released such a crashing program. Therefore, something is wrong on my computer, but what ?

Would have any clues for grabbing the program from svn ? As I'm not a developper, I don't figure out how to get cvs build from kdenlive repository.

Thanks a lot for the help so far anyway.
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E001754 wrote:
I've never seen such unstable program.
Well, kdenlive is really not very stable so far (keep in mind that it has version number below 1.0). But you should be able to work reasonably on it. I was not unhappy with 0.5, and with later svn versions, things even seemed to have improved.

Installing from the sources is not difficult. Uninstall your gentoo-package first, but keep dvgrab, mlt, and mlt++. Install dev-util/subversion. Then do
Code:
# mkdir src
# cd src
# svn checkout -r 1825 https://kdenlive.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kdenlive/trunk/kdenlive
# cd kdenlive
# cmake .
# make
# su
(as root) $ make install
Ready, set, go. Don't use a newer version than svn-1825, as these will not work with the gentoo mlt/mlt++ versions. Don't forget the "." after cmake. The last step ("make install") has to be done as root.
Good luck
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still got issues :
Quote:
#cmake .
-- Found MLT INSTALL PATH: /usr/bin/mlt-config , /usr
-- Found MLT INCLUDES: /usr/include/mlt
-- Found MLT LIBR: /usr/lib/libmlt.so
-- Found MLT library: /usr/lib/libmlt.so
-- Found MLT++ INCLUDES: /usr/include
-- Found MLT++ LIBR: /usr/lib/libmlt++.so
-- Found MLT++ library: /usr/lib/libmlt++.so
-- Found FFMPEG INCLUDES: /usr/include
-- Found FFMPEG LIBR: /usr/lib/libavformat.so
-- Found FFMPEG library: /usr/lib/libavformat.so
-- Didn't find KDE3 headers
-- Didn't find KDE3 core library
-- Didn't find the KDE3 dcopidl preprocessor
-- Didn't find the KDE3 dcopidl2cpp preprocessor
-- Didn't find the KDE3 kconfig_compiler preprocessor
CMake Error: Could NOT find everything required for compiling KDE 3 programs

-- Configuring done
#

So, I re-emerged the "kde-libs-3.5.5-r10" ebuild with no more luck (I sticked to 3.5.5 has I didn't upgrade KDE since 3.5.5). No surprise in that, this package was already emerged, but I re-emerged "just in case".

Checking in /usr/kde/3.5/lib, I see that there is a file named "kdecorelib.so.4", with 2 symlinks, "kdelibecore" and "kdelibcore.so" if I remember well (I'm writing this post from my office and my linux computer is at home).

How to make understand this "cmake ." in "/usr/src/kdenlive" that the missing file are here ?
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, congratulations, you're on the way! First self compiled programme :-D.

I got the same errors on my first try, but I ran cmake as root (you did so as well, didn't you?). The root PATH, however, doesn't include the KDE PATHs. Thats why I suggested to do the first steps as normal user.

Anyhow, before you continue, you should install one more little package that is needed as well, and that is probably not on your system:
Code:
emerge -av kdesdk-scripts

Now, if you want to do every step as root, you may issue the cmake command as follows:
Code:
PATH="$PATH:/usr/kde/3.5/bin/:/usr/kde/3.5/lib/" cmake .

BTW, there's a french wikibook here: http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive, and a kdenlive user forum here: http://www.kdenlive.org/bbforum/.

Cheers.
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjubon wrote:
(...) but I ran cmake as root (you did so as well, didn't you?). (...)

Yes, exactly that ! :wink:
Simply because I like ordered things and I downloaded the kdenlive from svn in /usr/src. Therefore, the non-root user can't do anything in that directory.

Thanks a lot for your precious help, i could compile KDENLIVE flawlessly... only to see that this svn version is crashing in the same way as the ebuild version. :cry:

There is no particular message in console for understanding what makes it crash.
Perhaps my KDE is too old ? I really don't know.
I'll check out the wiki to see if there is something helpfull.
What KDE version are you using ? I dare to upgrade my current computer as an upgrade takes me about 1 day and half compiling, but I willing this KDENLIVE and I'll compile anything that is in my way of using Kdenlive !

Thanks very much for your precious help.

Cheers.
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading around the forums, there is a way to better understand what happens :
Code:
LD_DEBUG=libs kdenlive

Quote:

(...)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XMissingExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XMissingExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextAddDisplay (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextAddDisplay (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextCreateExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextCreateExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextDestroyExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextDestroyExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextFindDisplay (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextFindDisplay (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextRemoveDisplay (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XextRemoveDisplay (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XSetExtensionErrorHandler (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XSetExtensionErrorHandler (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmAttach (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmAttach (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmDetach (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmDetach (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmPutImage (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmPutImage (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmCreateImage (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmCreateImage (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmQueryExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XShmQueryExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRQueryVersion (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRQueryVersion (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRQueryVersion (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRQueryVersion (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRQueryVersion (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRQueryVersion (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigSizes (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigSizes (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigSizes (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigSizes (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigSizes (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRConfigSizes (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRSetScreenConfig (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRSetScreenConfig (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRSetScreenConfig (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRSetScreenConfig (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRSetScreenConfig (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRSetScreenConfig (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSQueryExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSQueryExtension (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSInfo (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSEnable (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSEnable (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSDisable (fatal)
22303: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: DPMSDisable (fatal)
KCrash: Application 'kdenlive' crashing...

The problem seems to come not from KDE but from X.
I'll emerge a newer version of X. Perhaps will it help.
May I request you to give me the details of your USE flag and your version of X, for example by running an "equery u xorg-server" command ?
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E001754 wrote:
I like ordered things and I downloaded the kdenlive from svn in /usr/src.
Same for me (/usr/local/src/) :-).

As to your KDE version - on my system, everything's up to date from the stable branch (x86):
Code:
qt-3.3.8-r4  USE="cups gif mysql opengl xinerama -..."
kdelibs-3.5.8-r3  USE="alsa cups fam openexr spell tiff xinerama -..."
kdebase-3.5.8-r6  USE="cups hal ieee1394 java ldap lm_sensors openexr opengl pam xcomposite xinerama xscreensaver-..."
but I don't think that older versions would do any harm.

On the other side, you may be right in suspecting a missing USE flag in X. What's about sdl?
Code:
cjubon@mazeltov ~ $ emerge -pv xorg-server
[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r5  USE="nptl sdl xorg xprint -..." INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse -..." VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev nvidia v4l -..."
(Again, I omitted use flags which are not set.)

I'm sorry not to able to interpret the debug output that you posted (good idea!), but I know for sure that USE flag sdl is needed at least in mlt and ffmpeg. On my system, again, sdl is enabled globally and used in the following packages:
Code:
cjubon@mazeltov ~ $ equery hasuse sdl
[ Searching for USE flag sdl in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r5 (0)
[I--] [  ] media-libs/libdv-1.0.0-r2 (0)
[I--] [ ~] media-libs/mlt-0.2.4-r1 (0)
[I--] [  ] media-libs/libmpeg2-0.4.1 (0)
[I--] [  ] media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.10.1 (1)
[I--] [  ] x11-libs/wxGTK-2.6.4.0-r3 (2.6)
[I--] [  ] media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20070616 (0)
[I--] [  ] media-video/mjpegtools-1.8.0-r1 (1)
[I--] [  ] media-video/transcode-1.0.4-r2 (0)
[I--] [  ] media-video/vlc-0.8.6d-r1 (0)
[I--] [  ] media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc2_p24929-r1 (0)

So what about rebuilding xorg-server, libdv, mlt and ffmpeg with USE flag sdl? Apart from that, you need useflag "X" (for ffmpeg, otherwise you won't be able to capture), and probably "ieee1394" and "dv" for any of the direct dependecies.
This is what my system has:
Code:
emerge -pv libdv ffmpeg mlt
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20070616  USE="X a52 aac encode ieee1394 imlib mmx ogg sdl theora threads truetype v4l vorbis x264 xvid zlib (-altivec) -amr -debug -doc -network -oss -test" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/libdv-1.0.0-r2  USE="sdl xv -debug" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/mlt-0.2.4-r1  USE="dv ffmpeg gtk jack lame libsamplerate mmx ogg qt3 quicktime sdl sox theora vorbis xine xml" 0 kB

But this is just a guess. Perhaps it would be a good idea to post your debugging output on the kdenlive forum (section installing from sources). One of the main developers, j-b-m, is usually browsing it, and is very helpful.
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emerged the latest xorg-server stable version available (1.3.0.0-r5) and there is the same bugs output. Nothing changed.
I checked also the sdl flag, but my previous xorg-server install was already using SDL use flag.

I'll go on kdenlive forum to see if some developper around can have relevant clues to that problem. I guess this is not unsolvable after all...

I'll keep in touch here to post the answer, in case some unfortunate gentooer goes in the same problems as we do.
Perhaps, after all that, should we update a page in gentoo wiki ??

EDIT : the kdenlive forum post is here : http://www.kdenlive.org/bbforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=460
linuxtuxhellsinki
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E001754: I checked those errors which you posted and it seems like to me that you've to fix those packages which the libraries belongs either by re-emerging 'em or emerging newer versions by adding 'em to /etc/portage/package.keywords .
Code:
 $ equery b  /usr/lib/libXext.so.6
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 in *... ]
x11-libs/libXext-1.0.3 (/usr/lib/libXext.so.6 -> libXext.so.6.4.0)
$ equery b  /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 in *... ]
x11-libs/libXrender-0.9.2 (/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 -> libXrender.so.1.3.0)
$ equery b  /usr/lib/libX11.so.6
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 in *... ]
x11-libs/libX11-1.1.3 (/usr/lib/libX11.so.6 -> libX11.so.6.2.0)

So maybe you'd try to run...
Code:
emerge -1av x11-libs/libXext x11-libs/libXrender x11-libs/libX11 && revdep-rebuild -v

E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more luck, but your idea was good.

Still got the crash. I emerged the 3 ebuilds, adding them in /etc/portage/package.keywords to be sure to get the latest version, but still no luck as it crashes the same way...
mona-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, E001754

I had same problem and solved it right now.

I re-emerged libxcb,ffmpeg,mlt, and mlt++,
then kdenlive start up normally.
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer mona-, but I currently gave my computer to my parents and I take their old one (one 1 Ghz athlon with some integrated video adapter of 8 years old), so I'm not able currently to test kdenlive, almost so that I setup Suse on that rig.
However, as soon as I get my new rig with Q9450 and some high-end radeon GFX, I'll get back on rails on compiling kdenlive on a gentoo box.

If nothing works, I'll switch to Suse 10.3 which has kdenlive 0.6 available and which seems to be able to handle AVHCD.
However, this annoys me because I really would like to stay on Gentoo even if I've being surprised by the quality of Suse Linux.
Ninpo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mona- wrote:
Hi, E001754

I had same problem and solved it right now.

I re-emerged libxcb,ffmpeg,mlt, and mlt++,
then kdenlive start up normally.

I can confirm this resolved my issue as well (kdenlive crashing on startup)

E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, I'm back on rails with my new rig (Q9550 / ATI HD 4870) and I want to eat some m2ts files !! :twisted:

I've read on Kdenlive main page that AVCHD is still not handled but will come soon.
For now, I'd just like to convert my m2ts files in a SD format, that'll be enough.

I've read over some googled pages that for converting m2ts files in SD format (AVI for example), I would need "xporthdmv" and "ldecod" programs. However, I haven't been able to find those files for Gentoo. There's seems to have no ebuilds to satisfy that name.
Has anyone an idea of that ??

Thanks in advance for your help
Zubziro
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E001754 wrote:
Ok guys, I'm back on rails with my new rig (Q9550 / ATI HD 4870) and I want to eat some m2ts files !! :twisted:

I've read on Kdenlive main page that AVCHD is still not handled but will come soon.
For now, I'd just like to convert my m2ts files in a SD format, that'll be enough.

I've read over some googled pages that for converting m2ts files in SD format (AVI for example), I would need "xporthdmv" and "ldecod" programs. However, I haven't been able to find those files for Gentoo. There's seems to have no ebuilds to satisfy that name.
Has anyone an idea of that ??

Thanks in advance for your help

Any luck finding "xporthdmv" and "ldecod" ? need those too....
E001754
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zubziro wrote:

Any luck finding "xporthdmv" and "ldecod" ? need those too....

Nothing new on my side...

I guess we should perhaps open a new topic, which would give us more visibility rather than appending an old topic...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: