cups + gimp-print printing only blank pages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grasshopper
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: cups + gimp-print printing only blank pages Reply with quote

Hello, this one I don't know where to go on (I've been to linuxprinting.org, google, cups.org, everywhere). The situation is me printing from my gentoo 1.4 laptop to an SMB printer through CUPS 1.1.18-r5 using gimp-print 4.3.5 drivers for a HP Laserjet 6P. The SMB part is fine, but anything I print comes out as completely blank pages. There is no type of error in the cups error_log, even when LogLevel is set to "debug" in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf . I admit I have no idea what all the ghostscript/gimp-print mumbo jumbo is in the error log, but NONE of it speaks of an error/abort/anything. My educated guess is this is a filter problem, but I don't know what to do. Any help at all is highly appreciated. Thanks.
CJayNC
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no help here, but I can report the same behavior with CUPS 1.1.18-r4 printing to an HP LaserJet 4P connected via parallel port. Everything seems fine, no error messages in the error log, but only blank pages print.

CJ
Milamber
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was happening to me last night. I use kprinter and USB though (HP PSC 750). I think I got it to work by unmerging net-print/hpijs 1.2.2 and downloading a newer one. I now have hpijs 1.4.1 and can print successfully.

However,
# cat textfile.txt > /dev/usb/lp0
doesn't work for me. but.
# lpr textfile.txt
works
Passe-Poil
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: CUPS + gimp-print = blank pages [SOLVED] Reply with quote

I jsut experienced the same problem with an HP LaserJet 4 using
cups 1.1.20
gimp-print 4.2.6

First of all I couldn't find the CUPS + gimp-print drivers in the list, fixed this by reemerging gimp-print with :
USE="cups" emerge -b gimp-print

Then I selected thecorrect gimp-print driver but only got blank pages... that's when I selected "Adaptive Hybrid" instead of "Smooth tones" (my locale is french so the name may differ) and BAM! it worked with great results !

Hope this helps !!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: