View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Progman3K
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Compiz with ATI dual-screen, white background on one screen Reply with quote

Hello,

I installed compiz by following the How-to, but when I run it, it gives this output:

Code:
compiz-start
Quote:

AIGLX detected
Using GTK decorator
The program 'gtk-window-decorator' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)'.
(Details: serial 196 error_code 181 request_code 158 minor_code eight)
Attempted to unregister path (path[0] = org path[1] = freedesktop) which isn't registered
Attempted to unregister path (path[0] = org path[1] = freedesktop) which isn't registered

Strangely enough, Compiz IS running, I can spin the cube, which is white on all its sides, but it is working.

The second screen of my dual-head also seems to be part of the cube; when I spin the cube, it will display the windows which are on the faces of the cube correctly.

All this being said, every window DOESN'T have a title-bar, even if I did enable Window decoration in the settings manager. I think the GTK error mentioned at the beginning might be the reason.

Does anyone have any tips?
Thanks.

UPDATE

OK, Things are a bit improved; Now the windows that are one the left screen have Emerald decorations. The background of this screen is still white though.
The right-hand screen shows the proper non-white background along with icons, but any window dragged onto this screen apparently loses it's title-bar and decoration; though they are not drawn, they are still there (but invisible) because I can put the mouse where the title-bar SHOULD be and drag the window around.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: