Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay - monolithic ebuilds (Part 2)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DZhon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask some dumb question ?

But where ebuild of kdebase and kdenetworks ? for 3.97.0 version
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DZhon wrote:
May I ask some dumb question ?

But where ebuild of kdebase and kdenetworks ? for 3.97.0 version

There are no monolithic ebuilds for 3.97.0 yet, use the -meta ones.
Ampheus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2dimm wrote:
ghutzl wrote:
When I try to start firefox from the start menu of kde4, a kwrite window opens up with the mozilla-firefox-2.0.desktop file. Anybody knowing what's wrong here? Firefox does not start.

...try removing the version number from the .desktop filename i.e. change to mozilla-firefox.desktop

I had the same problem and did some strange things with that file and now it works. I do not know what i really changed and what not so here it is:
mozilla-firefox.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Mozilla Firefox
Comment=Web Browser
Exec=/usr/bin/firefox %u
Icon=firefox-icon.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml;text/mml
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;

It maybe the removing of the version number or the '%u' which was an uppercase '%U' before.
the_maddin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to get l10n-ed kde-svn over the overlay?
Thanks,
Martin
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_maddin wrote:
Is there a way to get l10n-ed kde-svn over the overlay?
Thanks,
Martin

kde-l10n is really, really unstable and there are a lot of changes, which might break a lot of things.
So when kde-l10n is working, the next it might not work anymore.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but here's another what must be a pretty dumb question.

I've got the svn version installed and running (looks great) for 2 days. I looked in the kde svn webpage trunk, and it had several items which had new updates since I installed. When I did emerge -upD world, none of those seemed to show up- all that was in the list were the packages that had failed originally (games, edu, pim, and utils) listed as new, which I expected. However none of the updates showed up in the list.

Does the layman kde overlay not handle this automatically, or is there some special emerge command I need to do to get the latest kde svn version updates, as they are commited?

Also, do I need to wipe distfiles/svn-src/KDE/* every time I wish to update to latest svn, or does the overlay go into the base package directories (like kdebase, kdelibs, kdeutils, etc), and update individual specific packages in those directories automatically?

I know it sounds lame (I've used Gentoo for a long time, I'm new to this svn overlay stuff), but would someone please enlighten me as to the best way to do this?
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11

Last edited by wrc1944 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
nikolavp1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Sorry guys, but here's another what must be a pretty dumb question.

I've got the svn version installed and running (looks great) for 2 days. I looked in the kde svn webpage trunk, and it had several items which had new updates since I installed. When I did emerge -upD world, none of those seemed to show up- all that was in the list were the packages that had failed originally (games, edu, pim, and utils) listed as new, which I expected. However none of the updates showed up in the list.

Does the layman kde overlay not handle this automatically, or is there some special emerge command I need to do to get the latest kde svn version updates, as they are commited?

Also, do I need to wipe distfiles/svn-src/KDE/* every time I wish to update to latest svn, or does the overylay go into the base package directories (like kdebase, kdelibs, kdeutils, etc), and update individual specific packages in those directories automatically?

I know it sounds lame (I've used Gentoo for a long time, I'm new to this svn overlay stuff), but would someone please enlighten me in to the best way to do this?
For now there is no right way to update svn packages every time a commit is made, so most of the people just *reemerge* the "live" packages which are from the svn and don't have a version number(well they have -9999). So to get the latest and the greatest just reemerge those and portage will do a
Code:
svn up(update)
for you and update your distfiles/svn-src/KDE/* package directory and recompile. Some package managers have a switch which enables a reemerge every 1 week or so, so you can somehow pseudo update those packages, but i am not sure if emerge has that.
OnlyOne
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: amarok2 Reply with quote

I saw screenshot on amarok.kde.org, where amarok goes fine on windows.
On linux my svn build doesn't work with music collection, playlist "works" bad and so on.
Is it only my build problem or it is current state of amarok2?
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: amarok2 Reply with quote

OnlyOne wrote:
I saw screenshot on amarok.kde.org, where amarok goes fine on windows.
On linux my svn build doesn't work with music collection, playlist "works" bad and so on.
Is it only my build problem or it is current state of amarok2?

Hm, I don't know if amarok could "work" on windows yet.
Maybe it compiles and it runs (what that screenshot suggests, I've seen that, too), but you won't
be able to play sth. I guess, because it doesn't support any engine, that is running on windows,
as far as I know. But actually that will come soon, since Trolltech announce to make a phonon
backend based on directsound for windows, which will be included in QT4.4.
damoncf
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: phono-xine and startkde Reply with quote

I am attempting an
Code:
emerge kde-meta-3.97.0.ebuild
and am getting
Code:

[blocks B     ] <kde-base/phonon-xine-3.96.2 (is blocking kde-base/phonon-3.97.0)
[blocks B     ] =kde-base/kdebase-startkde-3.5.8 (is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-3.97.0)

Does anyone know how it is phono-xine can be blocking anything when I cannot find it with
Code:

localhost damon # emerge --search phonon
Searching...
[ Results for search key : phonon ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  kde-base/phonon
      Latest version available: 3.97.0
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 56,200 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.kde.org/
      Description:   KDE multimedia API
      License:       GPL-2

Also how do I deal with my other block? "kdebase-startkde-3.5.8 (is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-3.97.0)" I thought these two were separate because of the overlay?
BTW I am new to overlays but have been with Gentoo for a couple of years now.

Damon
synthesis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fumoffu wrote:

[ebuild NS ] kde-base/kdebase-9999.4 USE="bzip2 cups htmlhandbook ieee1394 java lm_sensors logitech-mouse newxkb openexr opengl pam pie samba ssl usb xcb xine -bluetooth -debug -networkmanager -test -xcomposite -xscreensaver"
[blocks B ] <kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6 (is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4)

I had exactly the same problem, but after two simple steps now everything works fine. Try to delete kdelibs-9999.4
Code:

emerge -aC =kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4

Add =kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6 to package.keywords and install it. Then you should have no problems with 9999.4 packages like kdebase and kdelibs. I hope this can help you.

synthesis
Ingmarv
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: phono-xine and startkde Reply with quote

damoncf wrote:
[blocks B ] <kde-base/phonon-xine-3.96.2 (is blocking kde-base/phonon-3.97.0)
[blocks B ] =kde-base/kdebase-startkde-3.5.8 (is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-3.97.0)

emerge -C <kde-base/phonon-xine-3.96.2

We renamed it to kde-base/phonon, and we'll have USE flags for all possible backends ( for 3.97.0 there's only xine though ).
zlin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthesis wrote:
fumoffu wrote:
[blocks B ] <kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6 (is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4)

I had exactly the same problem, but after two simple steps now everything works fine. Try to delete kdelibs-9999.4
Code:
emerge -aC =kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4

Add =kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6 to package.keywords and install it. Then you should have no problems with 9999.4 packages like kdebase and kdelibs. I hope this can help you.

What? No! There is absolutely no reason to temporarily break his kde 4 installation by uninstalling kdelibs. The message shows that it's blocked by '<kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6'. Note the '<'. So the solution is to try to install '>=kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6' (make sure the '>' gets quoted). When trying that there are at least two possible kinds of error messages you can get. 1) No such package. Solution: sync your Gentoo tree. 2) Masked by something (in this case ~arch keyword). Solution: unmask it (or in this case accept ~arch keyword for it).

Now in the case of phonon-xine you'll keep getting the no such package message because it really was removed. Therefore the solution in that case is to uninstall '<kde-base/phonon-xine-3.96.2'. Unfortunately package moves aren't possible without blocks in an overlay.

If you don't understand how to resolve blocks correctly please don't try to help by giving that sort of brain damaged advice. I'll admit that it's far from trivial to always resolve blocks correctly but better let someone who understands it answer then.
fumoffu
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks zlin! I just added '=kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6 ~amd64' to package.keywords and voilá:
Code:
emerge -ua world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating world dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U ] dev-util/cmake-2.4.7-r1 [2.4.6-r1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/qimageblitz-9999  USE="mmx sse sse2 -3dnow (-altivec) -debug"
[ebuild  N    ] x11-libs/libxklavier-3.2  USE="-doc"
[ebuild  N    ] app-text/enchant-1.3.0
[ebuild  N    ] x11-proto/xcb-proto-1.0
[ebuild  N    ] dev-libs/libpthread-stubs-0.1  USE="-debug"
[ebuild     U ] kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6 [3.5.7-r5]
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4  USE="acl alsa bzip2 htmlhandbook opengl pie spell ssl -avahi -bindist -debug -doc -fam -jpeg2k -kerberos -openexr -test -zeroconf"
[ebuild  N    ] x11-libs/libxcb-1.0  USE="-debug"
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdepimlibs-9999.4  USE="htmlhandbook pie -debug -ldap -sasl -test"
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/kdebase-9999.4  USE="bzip2 cups htmlhandbook ieee1394 java lm_sensors logitech-mouse newxkb openexr opengl pam pie samba ssl usb xcb xine -bluetooth -debug -networkmanager -test -xcomposite -xscreensaver"

Nice, thanks a lot!

Cheers,
fumoffu

http://www.lastfm.de/user/penguin-guy
Hum
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone encountered nothing but a black screen and a mouse cursor when enabling desktop effects?
MrEntropy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: KTimeZone problem Reply with quote

Maybe someone can help me. I've searched around but i can't find anything that's similar. When trying to build kdepimlibs I keep getting this error:

Quote:
[ 93%] Building CXX object kcal/CMakeFiles/kcal.dir/kresult.o
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepimlibs-9999.4/work/kdepimlibs-9999.4/kcal/icaltimezones.cpp:870:2: warning: #warning Does this cope with multiple language specifications?
[ 93%] Building CXX object kcal/CMakeFiles/kcal.dir/htmlexportsettings.o
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepimlibs-9999.4/work/kdepimlibs-9999.4/kcal/icaltimezones.cpp: In constructor 'KCal::ICalTimeZoneSource::ICalTimeZoneSource()':
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepimlibs-9999.4/work/kdepimlibs-9999.4/kcal/icaltimezones.cpp:662: error: no matching function for call to 'KTimeZoneSource::KTimeZoneSource(bool)'
/usr/kde/svn/include/ktimezone.h:1226: note: candidates are: KTimeZoneSource::KTimeZoneSource()
/usr/kde/svn/include/ktimezone.h:1224: note: KTimeZoneSource::KTimeZoneSource(const KTimeZoneSource&)
make[2]: *** [kcal/CMakeFiles/kcal.dir/icaltimezones.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [kcal/CMakeFiles/kcal.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: kde-base/kdepimlibs-9999.4 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 1701: Called dyn_compile
* ebuild.sh, line 1039: Called qa_call 'src_compile'
* ebuild.sh, line 44: Called src_compile
* kdepimlibs-9999.4.ebuild, line 27: Called kde4-base_src_compile
* kde4-base.eclass, line 366: Called kde4-base_src_make
* kde4-base.eclass, line 424: Called cmake-utils_src_make
* cmake-utils.eclass, line 146: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake "$@" || die "Make failed!"
* The die message:
* Make failed!
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepimlibs-9999.4/temp/build.log'.
* This ebuild used the following eclasses from overlays:
* /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4svn.eclass
* /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-base.eclass
* /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-functions.eclass

I've updated just about everything but I can't figure out why I'm having a problem with timezones.

Any help, always appreciated.
Chain
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: phono-xine and startkde Reply with quote

damoncf wrote:
Also how do I deal with my other block? "kdebase-startkde-3.5.8 (is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-3.97.0)" I thought these two were separate because of the overlay?

Damon

Yeah, same here. How to fix that?
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: phono-xine and startkde Reply with quote

Chain wrote:
damoncf wrote:

Damon

Yeah, same here. How to fix that?

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4614371.html#4614371
MrEntropy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: KTimeZone problem - Resolved Reply with quote

MrEntropy wrote:
Maybe someone can help me. I've searched around but i can't find anything that's similar. When trying to build kdepimlibs I keep getting this error:

I've updated just about everything but I can't figure out why I'm having a problem with timezones.

Any help, always appreciated.

Never mind. Evidently there was a short between the keyboard and the chair
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been able to find anything like this one. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it:
Code:
>>> Source unpacked.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdnssd-3.97.0/work/kdnssd-3.97.0 ...
 * Disabling building of KDE4 tests
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -- works
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - found
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.2
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib64/libX11.so;/usr/lib64/libXext.so;/usr/lib64/libXft.so; /usr/lib64/libXau.so;/usr/lib64/libXdmcp.so;/usr/lib64/libXpm.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib64/libX11.so;/usr/lib64/libXext.so;/usr/lib64/libXft.so; /usr/lib64/libXau.so;/usr/lib64/libXdmcp.so;/usr/lib64/libXpm.so - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib64/libX11.so
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_NO_THREADSAFE_STATICS
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_NO_THREADSAFE_STATICS - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Found KDE 4.0 include dir: /usr/kde/3.9/include
-- Found KDE 4 library dir: /usr/kde/3.9/lib64
-- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/kde/3.9/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found KDE4 automoc: /usr/kde/3.9/bin/kde4automoc
-- Found KDE PIM libraries
-- Performing Test LIBVNCSERVER_FOUND
-- Performing Test LIBVNCSERVER_FOUND - Success
-- Found LibVNCServer: /usr/lib64/libvncserver.so
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
-- Found SLP: /usr/lib64/libslp.so
-- KDE CMake PKGCONFIG macro indicates that QtTapioca is not installed on your computer.
-- Install the package which contains QtTapioca.pc if you want to support this feature.
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package Decibel
-- Found IDN: /usr/include
-- Found Sqlite: /usr/include
-- Found Plasma: /usr/kde/3.9/lib64/libplasma.so
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- The following OPTIONAL packages were located on your system.              --
-- This software installation will have features provided by these packages. --
+ libvncserver
+ libjpeg
+ QCA
+ OpenSLP
+ IDN
+ Sqlite
+ Plasma
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.      --
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.      --
+ mDNS: Zeroconf compatible runtime libraries <http://www.zeroconf.org>
Needed for KDE's service discovery feature Krfb and Krdc and the dnssd ioslave.
+ Decibel: KDE framework for real-time communication <http://decibel.kde.org/>
Used by the Kopete telepathy protocol.

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdnssd-3.97.0/work/kdnssd_build
>>> Source compiled.
>>> Test phase [not enabled]: kde-base/kdnssd-3.97.0

>>> Install kdnssd-3.97.0 into /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdnssd-3.97.0/image/ category kde-base
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdnssd-3.97.0 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *            ebuild.sh, line 1701:  Called dyn_install
 *            ebuild.sh, line 1138:  Called qa_call 'src_install'
 *            ebuild.sh, line   44:  Called src_install
 *            ebuild.sh, line 1383:  Called kde4-meta_src_install
 *     kde4-meta.eclass, line  397:  Called kde4-meta_src_make_install
 *     kde4-meta.eclass, line  403:  Called cmake-utils_src_install
 *   cmake-utils.eclass, line  164:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *      emake install DESTDIR="${D}" || die "Make install failed"
 *  The die message:
 *   Make install failed
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdnssd-3.97.0/temp/build.log'.
 * This ebuild used the following eclasses from overlays:
 *   /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass
 *   /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-functions.eclass
 *   /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-base.eclass

xvision
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emerged latest SVN.. is it possible to configure the kicker to take up less space on the bottom? Vertically or horizontally? I can't find out how to do this anywhere, but I've seen screenshots (even of RC1) where it doesn't occupy the entire bottom of the screen.
jcalado
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because between RC1 and RC2 (or >RC2, cant remember exactly) the devs decided that the panel should occupy the entire width. It will be configurable.
It just ain't so yet.
xvision
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcalado wrote:
That's because between RC1 and RC2 (or >RC2, cant remember exactly) the devs decided that the panel should occupy the entire width. It will be configurable.
It just ain't so yet.

Thanks! :)

Is anyone else having major toolbar issues in Konqueror?

Whenever I try to re-arrange them, they just all disappear completely, and they won't come back.. Also it crashes whenever I attempt to download something.

Just wondering if these are issues common for all of us ;)
ghutzl
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ampheus wrote:
2dimm wrote:
ghutzl wrote:
When I try to start firefox from the start menu of kde4, a kwrite window opens up with the mozilla-firefox-2.0.desktop file. Anybody knowing what's wrong here? Firefox does not start.

...try removing the version number from the .desktop filename i.e. change to mozilla-firefox.desktop

I had the same problem and did some strange things with that file and now it works. I do not know what i really changed and what not so here it is:
mozilla-firefox.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Mozilla Firefox
Comment=Web Browser
Exec=/usr/bin/firefox %u
Icon=firefox-icon.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml;text/mml
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;

It maybe the removing of the version number or the '%u' which was an uppercase '%U' before.

Yes, I think it is actually removing the version number from the filename that fixes this issue. I think it fails whenever you have a "." (dot) in the filename before .desktop". Is this bug reported to the kde developers? I did not find anything yet.
wuno
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Haven't been able to find anything like this one. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it:
Code:
>>> Source unpacked.
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.      --
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.      --
+ mDNS: Zeroconf compatible runtime libraries <http://www.zeroconf.org>
Needed for KDE's service discovery feature Krfb and Krdc and the dnssd ioslave.
+ Decibel: KDE framework for real-time communication <http://decibel.kde.org/>
Used by the Kopete telepathy protocol.

I'd guess you'll need to have net-misc/mDNSResponder or net-dns/avahi built with USE=mdnsresponder-compat on your system.
I wonder why it didn't pull in one of those...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

Jump to: