Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Qt Copy ebuilds: Qt v3/v4. Updated: 20080115!!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodo: I thought there was a gcc4.3 patch in Qt Copy. I know Qt 4.3.3 is suppose to be compilable by gcc4.3. Several KDE devs use gcc 4.3 and they had it compiled. Sometimes I find that using basic settings work best and even using makeopts="-j1" helps in some rare cases. Also, do you use --as-needed?

Anyways, I will have Qt Copy for 4.4 when it hits the svn on kde. Qt Copy takes a long time to get updated, sometimes weeks after an official release. -_-

Thanks for reporting this.
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The compile fails for me, because of sqlite (it says sqlite support cannot be enabled, and that i need to do ./configure -continue if i really want to build it (tried disabling all sqlite use flags, enabling only sqlite3 etc, but didn't help). Then it spams 'no rule to make target' errors, then finally errors out of compilation. Note that it happens when already compiling, not in configure. ). Right now i have 4.4_rc1 installed, which compiled and works great :P.

dodo
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodo1122 wrote:
The compile fails for me, because of sqlite (it says sqlite support cannot be enabled, and that i need to do ./configure -continue if i really want to build it (tried disabling all sqlite use flags, enabling only sqlite3 etc, but didn't help). Then it spams 'no rule to make target' errors, then finally errors out of compilation. Note that it happens when already compiling, not in configure. ). Right now i have 4.4_rc1 installed, which compiled and works great :P.

dodo
Do the Gentoo ebuilds compile for you? I mean, the ones from Gentoo in the portage tree. If not, is there a bug report about it in bugs.g.o? If Qt does not compile with gcc 4.3, then there might be a patch somewhere. I will look when I have free time.
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without qt-copy, it freezes during compilation straight after issuing getcwd to /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/config.tests/unix/floatmath. And i haven't seen a patch for it anywhere, so i did as described here : https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4654757.html#4654757 (upgrade to qt-4.4_rc1).

dodo
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Well, I am glad in a way that it's not a Qt Copy bug. I guess, the Gentoo devs know about this, but now I am curious as to how cartman (kde dev) compiled Qt 4.3.3 with gcc 4.3. At least, I think that is what he said his compiler was. Maybe you could on the #qt channel on freenode? They might have suggestions. Or, you can ask the KDE devs on what options they compile Qt with to be fully compatible with KDE and be stable. I know some flags cause instability and I think the Gentoo devs did a good job at filtering them, but maybe they missed one.
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like to inform you all that I updated the Qt Copy ebuilds for qt 3.3.8-r4 and qt 4.3.3. The 3.3.8 version has 4 new patches that were not in the last build. Check the update section of the first post post to find out more. The download link on the first post has also been updated. Here is the direct link to the download if you don't want to go to the first post:
http://eruonen.serveblog.net/qt-ebuilds/qt-copy-ebuilds-20080115.tar.bz2

The 3.3.8 update also fixes some issues with the rubberband if you had those. I had that until I installed this update.

Happy compiling.
jkomar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received this error trying to build qt-4.3.3 using Paludis:

Code:
  * When parsing metadata key 'SRC_URI' from 'x11-libs/qt-4.3.3:4::local':
  * When parsing fetchable URI string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)' using EAPI '0':
  * When parsing dependency string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)':
  * When lexing dependency string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)':
  * Bad dependency string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)': in lex phase: '(' should be followed by whitespace (paludis::erepository::DepStringLexError)

If it makes a difference, it is on an x86 machine. It looks like Paludis wants whitespace in the ebuild.

The weird thing is that I downloaded the tarball this morning and built it on an amd64 box using Paludis with no issues.

I also tried the qt-4.2.3-r1 and qt-3.3.8-r4 ebuilds with similar results.

Thanks for providing the ebuilds. They're working great on my amd64 box.

Cheers,
Jason
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkomar wrote:
Received this error trying to build qt-4.3.3 using Paludis:

Code:
  * When parsing metadata key 'SRC_URI' from 'x11-libs/qt-4.3.3:4::local':
  * When parsing fetchable URI string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)' using EAPI '0':
  * When parsing dependency string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)':
  * When lexing dependency string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)':
  * Bad dependency string 'ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3.tar.gz qt-copy? (http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-4.3.3-patches-20080115.tar.bz2)': in lex phase: '(' should be followed by whitespace (paludis::erepository::DepStringLexError)

If it makes a difference, it is on an x86 machine. It looks like Paludis wants whitespace in the ebuild.

The weird thing is that I downloaded the tarball this morning and built it on an amd64 box using Paludis with no issues.

I also tried the qt-4.2.3-r1 and qt-3.3.8-r4 ebuilds with similar results.

Thanks for providing the ebuilds. They're working great on my amd64 box.

Cheers,
Jason
I don't use portage, so I didn't get this error. Thanks for posting it. I will add in the "whitespace" that it needs. Portage has less restrictions than paludis. :P I will get a new tarball in place in a few minutes. I will not change the date number, just modify the ebuilds and overwrite the old one. :) *needs to change all the KDE ebuilds as well*

Thanks.

EDIT: I overwrote the old tarball with the new one. The ebuilds now have spaces. Hope this works. *note to self: Install paludis*
Wittgenstein
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StifflerStealth wrote:
Portage has less restrictions than paludis. :P

Maybe, but according to the Package Manager Specification Paludis is right. The BNF-style rule says

use-conditional ::= ’!’? flag-name ’?’ whitespace ’(’ whitespace (item whitespace)* ’)’
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wittgenstein wrote:
StifflerStealth wrote:
Portage has less restrictions than paludis. :P

Maybe, but according to the Package Manager Specification Paludis is right. The BNF-style rule says

use-conditional ::= ’!’? flag-name ’?’ whitespace ’(’ whitespace (item whitespace)* ’)’

Yeah. That was just something I overlooked. I got in a hurry and just forgot about that. :P Does it work properly now?
jkomar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The errors have disappeared for me. I'm compiling now. Thanks for the quick turnaround on the fix.

Jason
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkomar wrote:
The errors have disappeared for me. I'm compiling now. Thanks for the quick turnaround on the fix.

Jason
No problem. Thanks for reporting that to me. I need to double check things a bit better. :) There is always something I forget. :P
emerald
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, compile fails for me :(

Code:

emerald ~ # emerge -1 =qt-3.3.8-r4

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4  USE="cups doc examples gif immqt-bc ipv6 mysql odbc opengl postgres qt-copy%* sqlite xinerama -debug (-firebird) -immqt -nas -nis" 0 kB [0=>1]

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/fry-overlay

>>> Verifying ebuild Manifests...

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4 to /
 * qt-copy-3.3.8-patches-20080115.tar.bz2 MD5 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...     [ ok ]
 * qt-x11-immodule-unified-qt3.3.8-20070321-gentoo.diff.bz2 MD5 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                       [ ok ]
 * qt-x11-free-3.3.8.tar.gz MD5 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...           [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                      [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                     [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                    [ ok ]
 * checking qt-x11-free-3.3.8.tar.gz ;-) ...                              [ ok ]
 * checking qt-copy-3.3.8-patches-20080115.tar.bz2 ;-) ...                [ ok ]
 * checking qt-x11-immodule-unified-qt3.3.8-20070321-gentoo.diff.bz2 ;-) ...    [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking qt-x11-free-3.3.8.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/work
>>> Unpacking qt-copy-3.3.8-patches-20080115.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/work
>>> Unpacking qt-x11-immodule-unified-qt3.3.8-20070321-gentoo.diff.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/work
 * Applying qt-3.3.8-uic-fix.patch ...                                    [ ok ]
 * Applying qt-3.3.8-mysql-unload-crash.diff ...                          [ ok ]
 * Applying 0001-dnd_optimization.patch ...                               [ ok ]
 * Applying 0002-dnd_active_window_fix.patch ...                          [ ok ]
 * Applying 0038-dragobject-dont-prefer-unknown.patch ...                 [ ok ]
 * Applying 0044-qscrollview-windowactivate-fix.diff ...                  [ ok ]
 * Applying 0047-fix-kmenu-widget.diff ...                                [ ok ]
 * Applying 0048-qclipboard_hack_80072.patch ...                          [ ok ]
 * Applying 0081-format-string-fixes.diff ...                             [ ok ]
 * Applying qt-3.3.8-unicode-off-by-one.patch ...                         [ ok ]
 * Applying qt-ulibc.patch ...                                            [ ok ]
 * Applying qt-3.3.8-seli-xinerama.patch ...                              [ ok ]
 * Applying utf8-bug-qt3.diff ...                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying qt-3.3.8-visibility.patch ...                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying qt-x11-immodule-unified-qt3.3.8-20070321-gentoo.diff ...      [ ok ]
 * Applying the KDE Qt Copy patches ...
 *   0005_all_qpixmap_mitshm.diff ...                                     [ ok ]
 *   0007_all_qpixmap_constants.diff ...                                  [ ok ]
 *   0015_all_qiconview-finditem.diff ...                                 [ ok ]
 *   0016_all_qiconview-rebuildcontainer.diff ...                         [ ok ]
 *   0017_all_qiconview-ctrl_rubber.diff ...                              [ ok ]
 *   0020_all_designer-deletetabs.diff ...                                [ ok ]
 *   0032_all_fix_rotated_randr.diff ...                                  [ ok ]
 *   0035_all_qvaluelist-streaming-operator.diff ...                      [ ok ]
 *   0036_all_qprogressbar-optimization.diff ...                          [ ok ]
 *   0046_all_qiconview-no-useless-scrollbar.diff ...                     [ ok ]
 *   0049_all_qiconview-rubber_on_move.diff ...                           [ ok ]
 *   0056_all_khotkeys_input_84434.diff ...                               [ ok ]
 *   0059_all_qpopup_has_mouse.diff ...                                   [ ok ]
 *   0060_all_qpopup_ignore_mousepos.diff ...                             [ ok ]
 *   0061_all_qscrollview-propagate-horizontal-wheelevent.diff ...        [ ok ]
 *   0073_all_xinerama-aware-qpopup.diff ...                              [ ok ]
 *   0076_all_fix-qprocess.diff ...                                       [ ok ]
 *   0078_all_argb-visual-hack.diff ...                                   [ ok ]
 *   0079_all_compositing-types.diff ...                                  [ ok ]
 *   0080_all_net-wm-sync-request.diff ...

* Failed Patch: 0080_all_net-wm-sync-request.diff !
 *  ( /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/work/qt-copy-3.3.8-patches-20080115/0080_all_net-wm-sync-request.diff )
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *   /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/temp/0080_all_net-wm-sync-request.diff-535300.out

* ERROR: x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   46:  Called src_unpack
 *             environment, line 2681:  Called epatch
 *             environment, line 1256:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *                   diefunc "$FUNCNAME" "$LINENO" "$?" "Failed Patch: ${patchname}!";
 *  The die message:
 *   Failed Patch: 0080_all_net-wm-sync-request.diff!
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/temp/environment'.

Code:

***** 0080_all_net-wm-sync-request.diff *****

=============================================

PATCH COMMAND:   patch -p0 -g0 -E --no-backup-if-mismatch < /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4/work/qt-copy-3.3.8-patches-20080115/0080_all_net-wm-sync-request.diff

patching file src/kernel/qwidget.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 605 with fuzz 2 (offset 19 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 989.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/kernel/qwidget.h.rej
patching file src/kernel/qt_x11_p.h
patching file src/kernel/qwidget_x11.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 85 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 599 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 632 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 739 (offset 2 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 801 (offset 12 lines).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 2492.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 2540 (offset 10 lines).
1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/kernel/qwidget_x11.cpp.rej
patching file src/kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 288 (offset 3 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 317 (offset 3 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 2021 (offset 71 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 2062 (offset 71 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 3224 (offset 57 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 5855 (offset 144 lines).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 5901 (offset 144 lines).
Hunk #8 succeeded at 5922 (offset 144 lines).
Hunk #9 succeeded at 5987 (offset 144 lines).

... running Gentoo Linux ...
... and Windows in a 'small corner'(C) - i.e. vmware - :D ...
System Profile

Don't open the Red Door !
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, btw, i just compiled qt4 with qt-copy (the updated version) and now the sqlite error is gone, and qt-4.3.3 compiles without any problems with gcc43 :)

dodo
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, I've been looking for a qt-4.3 that compiles with gcc-4.3, since I cannot use qt-4.4 with KDE....
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kEiNsTeiN wrote:
cool, I've been looking for a qt-4.3 that compiles with gcc-4.3, since I cannot use qt-4.4 with KDE....

++

I wanted to compile kde4 is well :D

dodo
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, is it just KDE4 that wont compile with qt-4.4?

if so... WTF? ;)
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that qt-4.4 doesn't work very well with kde4, and that the new qt will be supported in kde-4.1, so i needed qt-4.3.3 to get kde4 working properly until then :P

dodo
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"not very well" is an understatemant ;) it doesnt work at all ;)

but I ment: can kde 3 work with qt-4.4?
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emerald wrote:
Hmm, compile fails for me :(
The problem should be fixed now. The issue was the immqt-bc flag. One of the patches didn't like the modifications that that flag causes, so I copied that patch and modified it to patch against those changes. If you use immqt or immqt-bc flags you get that modified patch, otherwise you get the original patch. :) I love the PATCH_EXCLUDE feature. :P Please test and report if it works or not. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

dodo1122: How did you get it to compile? Did you change any flags, or just used the Qt Copy ebuild and it worked. If so, then I guess the Qt Copy ebuilds contain an important fix?

Cheers.
emerald
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, compiles and installs fine :).

... running Gentoo Linux ...
... and Windows in a 'small corner'(C) - i.e. vmware - :D ...
System Profile

Don't open the Red Door !
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
g++ -c -o qscriptvalueimpl.o -march=core2 -pipe -O2   -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/arch/generic -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/script -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT  /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/script/qscriptvalueimpl.cpp
g++ -c -o qscriptvalueiterator.o -march=core2 -pipe -O2   -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/arch/generic -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/script -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT  /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/script/qscriptvalueiterator.cpp
g++ -o "/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/bin/qmake" project.o property.o main.o makefile.o unixmake2.o unixmake.o mingw_make.o option.o winmakefile.o projectgenerator.o meta.o makefiledeps.o metamakefile.o xmloutput.o pbuilder_pbx.o borland_bmake.o msvc_dsp.o msvc_vcproj.o msvc_nmake.o msvc_objectmodel.o qstring.o qtextstream.o qiodevice.o qglobal.o qbytearray.o qbytearraymatcher.o qdatastream.o qbuffer.o qlistdata.o qfile.o qfsfileengine_unix.o qfsfileengine_iterator_unix.o qfsfileengine.o qfsfileengine_iterator.o qregexp.o qvector.o qbitarray.o qdir.o qdiriterator.o quuid.o qhash.o qfileinfo.o qdatetime.o qstringlist.o qabstractfileengine.o qtemporaryfile.o qmap.o qmetatype.o qsettings.o qlibraryinfo.o qvariant.o qvsnprintf.o qlocale.o qlinkedlist.o qurl.o qnumeric.o qcryptographichash.o qscriptasm.o qscriptast.o qscriptastvisitor.o qscriptcompiler.o qscriptecmaarray.o qscriptecmaboolean.o qscriptecmacore.o qscriptecmadate.o qscriptecmafunction.o qscriptecmaglobal.o qscriptecmamath.o qscriptecmanumber.o qscriptecmaobject.o qscriptecmaregexp.o qscriptecmastring.o qscriptecmaerror.o qscriptcontext_p.o qscriptengine.o qscriptengine_p.o qscriptextenumeration.o qscriptextvariant.o qscriptcontext.o qscriptfunction.o qscriptgrammar.o qscriptlexer.o qscriptclassdata.o qscriptparser.o qscriptprettypretty.o qscriptsyntaxchecker.o qscriptvalue.o qscriptvalueimpl.o qscriptvalueiterator.o
floatmath auto-detection... ()
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/config.tests/unix/compile.test: line 54:  3783 Segmentation fault      "$OUTDIR/bin/qmake" -nocache -spec "$QMKSPEC" "CONFIG+=$QMAKE_CONFIG" "LIBS*=$LFLAGS" "INCLUDEPATH*=$INCLUDEPATH" "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS*=$CXXFLAGS" "$SRCDIR/$TEST/$EXE.pro" -o "$OUTDIR/$TEST/Makefile"
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
floatmath disabled.
mmx auto-detection... ()
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/config.tests/unix/compile.test: line 54:  3789 Segmentation fault      "$OUTDIR/bin/qmake" -nocache -spec "$QMKSPEC" "CONFIG+=$QMAKE_CONFIG" "LIBS*=$LFLAGS" "INCLUDEPATH*=$INCLUDEPATH" "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS*=$CXXFLAGS" "$SRCDIR/$TEST/$EXE.pro" -o "$OUTDIR/$TEST/Makefile"
mmx disabled.
3dnow auto-detection... ()
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/config.tests/unix/compile.test: line 54:  3795 Segmentation fault      "$OUTDIR/bin/qmake" -nocache -spec "$QMKSPEC" "CONFIG+=$QMAKE_CONFIG" "LIBS*=$LFLAGS" "INCLUDEPATH*=$INCLUDEPATH" "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS*=$CXXFLAGS" "$SRCDIR/$TEST/$EXE.pro" -o "$OUTDIR/$TEST/Makefile"
3dnow disabled.
sse auto-detection... ()
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/config.tests/unix/compile.test: line 54:  3801 Segmentation fault      "$OUTDIR/bin/qmake" -nocache -spec "$QMKSPEC" "CONFIG+=$QMAKE_CONFIG" "LIBS*=$LFLAGS" "INCLUDEPATH*=$INCLUDEPATH" "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS*=$CXXFLAGS" "$SRCDIR/$TEST/$EXE.pro" -o "$OUTDIR/$TEST/Makefile"
sse disabled.
sse2 auto-detection... ()
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/config.tests/unix/compile.test: line 54:  3807 Segmentation fault      "$OUTDIR/bin/qmake" -nocache -spec "$QMKSPEC" "CONFIG+=$QMAKE_CONFIG" "LIBS*=$LFLAGS" "INCLUDEPATH*=$INCLUDEPATH" "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS*=$CXXFLAGS" "$SRCDIR/$TEST/$EXE.pro" -o "$OUTDIR/$TEST/Makefile"
sse2 disabled.
Cups auto-detection... ()
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/config.tests/unix/compile.test: line 54:  3813 Segmentation fault      "$OUTDIR/bin/qmake" -nocache -spec "$QMKSPEC" "CONFIG+=$QMAKE_CONFIG" "LIBS*=$LFLAGS" "INCLUDEPATH*=$INCLUDEPATH" "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS*=$CXXFLAGS" "$SRCDIR/$TEST/$EXE.pro" -o "$OUTDIR/$TEST/Makefile"
Cups disabled.
Cups support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests!
 Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to ./configure to see the final report.
 If you believe this message is in error you may use the continue
 switch (-continue) to ./configure to continue.
 * ERROR: x11-libs/qt-4.3.3 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   46:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2421:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       ./configure ${myconf} || diefunc "$FUNCNAME" "$LINENO" "$?";
 *  The die message:
 *   (no error message)

same error saying that about sqlite when sqlite3-useflag was enabled...

floatmath... shouldnt every processor support that???
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange, i didn't get this error when compiling with the newest qt-copy patches O.o

dodo
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect its because I updated gcc right before vom january 11th to january 18th ;)....

edit: maybe not... what useflags did you use?
edit2: hm, same with USE="-* qt-copy" emerge qt
WTF?
what gcc-version did you use?
edit3: found this, but I cannot understand what he's saying (even though I'm german as well ;):
http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/showthread.php?t=220341
I think he's talking about this problem having to do with wrong libdirs. And then something about /usr/X11R6/lib..
I did cd /usr && ln . X11R6, which should cover that, but it didnt work :(
DAMNIT!
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the problem:
CFLAGS="-Os".

-O1 seems to work, anything above just fails.

any idea why?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: