Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Qt Copy ebuilds: Qt v3/v4. Updated: 20080115!!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kEiNsTeiN wrote:
Found the problem:
CFLAGS="-Os".

-O1 seems to work, anything above just fails.

any idea why?
-Os is broken on the new gcc, I guess. Along with whatever flag is common to Os, O2, and O3 is broken as well.

And about your previous post, I know that second poster is talking about a line in the ebuild that seds qmake.conf:
sed -i -e "s:X11R6/::" qmake.conf
That one. As for what he is saying and is so angry for, I don't know. There is no /usr/X11R6 directory anymore on Gentoo.

Anyways, there is something you can try ... you could try commenting out this line in the ebuild:
sed -i -e "s:QMAKE_RPATH.*=.*:QMAKE_RPATH=:" qmake.conf
and this one:
sed -i -e "s:QMAKE_RPATH.*=.*:QMAKE_RPATH=:" g++.conf

Then re-digest the ebuild and try recompiling. Dunno how well that will work though. Supposedly, rpath is good for something, but I don't want exactly. Also, that bug doesn't affect the 4.x series so it can technically be removed from the ebuild. :)

If that doesn't work, then you can try changing this out under src_compile:
if [[ "$(gcc-major-version)" != "4" ]]; then
myconf="${myconf} -no-reduce-exports"
fi
to this:
#if [[ "$(gcc-major-version)" != "4" ]]; then
#fi

Visibility might be broken again in GCC. Okay, I am pretty sure it's broken.

Cheers.
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,

I believe that this would pretty much solve the problems:

Code:
replace-flags -O? -O1

Or am I the only one with >O1 that cannot compile QT?
Thargor
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled it with -O2, but I am using gcc-4.2.2 at the moment.
Maybe you could try which of the flags enabled by -Os breaks qt? Should not be that much.
Afaik there is an option for gcc to show which -O* enables what.
micmic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My flags

mic 4232: emerge --info|grep FLAG /home/mic
CFLAGS="-Os -march=native -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe "
CXXFLAGS="-Os -march=native -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fvisibility-inlines-hidden "
gcc-4.2.2

and my qt3, qt4 with StifflerStealth patches and my kde3 and kde4 ok.
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then I propose altering the ebuild to check for gcc4.3, and if present, replace the cflags.

edit: it said "gcc4.4" before...

Last edited by kEiNsTeiN on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's it... I built it with gcc43 and -march=native -O3 -ftree-vectorizer-verbose=3, but the ebuild changed it to -O2 anyway... but it compiled. :wink:

I'm still using gcc43 from 12th of january (my own svn checkout). But before, it failed compiling qt4 is well. It only compiled with the newest qt-copy patches, no idea why.

dodo
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, those using GCC 4.2 and 4.3 need to use Qt Copy for Qt 4.3.3 anyways, since it has a patch that fixes some oopses with those compilers. :)I talked with a KDE dev about it, and they are really busy with KDE4, so I don't know if it would ever make it into the portage ebuild.

Since the patch explicitly refers to gcc 4.3, the Qt people must know that it compiles with that compiler. Reading the posts here, it seems like a hit or miss depending on the svn checkout date of the sources for GCC. :P

I'm hoping all Qt Copy patches make it into portage one day. :D They can use my ebuilds if they want to. :)

Cheers.
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, now with AMD64 (yeah, I did everything ALL OVER AGAIN ;) I get the following, weird output (Jan 19th. tarball):

Code:

g++ -c -o qglobal.o -O2 -march=core2 -pipe   -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/arch/generic -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/script -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT  /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global/qglobal.cpp
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global/qglobal.cpp: In function 'void qt_message_output(QtMsgType, const char*)':
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global/qglobal.cpp:2140: error: 'stderr' was not declared in this scope
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global/qglobal.cpp:2140: error: 'fprintf' was not declared in this scope
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global/qglobal.cpp:2141: error: 'fflush' was not declared in this scope
gmake: *** [qglobal.o] Error 1
 * ERROR: x11-libs/qt-4.3.3 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   46:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2504:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       ./configure ${myconf} || diefunc "$FUNCNAME" "$LINENO" "$?";
 *  The die message:
 *   (no error message)

weird about that is: stderr, fprintf and fflush are all part of stdio.h (according to man 3), which IS included in qglobal.cpp !!!!
WTF?
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it do this without the qt-copy use flag? What GCC version. What GLIBC version. ... basically, all the important parts of emerge --info. Also, you want want to try with the Accessibility use flag on Qt. You need that for KDE4 anyways.
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, with and without qtcopy. with -o1 and without -pipe. same error.

Code:
emerge --info
Portage 2.1.4 (default-linux/amd64/2007.0, gcc-4.3.0-alpha20080125, glibc-2.7-r1, 2.6.24-zen1 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.24-zen1 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 01:00:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p17-r1
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r6, 2.5.1-r5
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.11.1
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.7.9-r1, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.24
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.24
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=core2 -pipe -minline-stringops-dynamically -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=core2 -pipe -minline-stringops-dynamically -fomit-frame-pointer"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y"
FEATURES="ccache distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-O1"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"

trying accessibility now, but I dont expect much...

edit: nevermind. was already the case. cat /etc/portage/package.use:
Code:
>=x11-libs/qt-4.3.1 accessibility dbus qt3support

summary:
Code:
[ebuild  N    ] x11-libs/qt-4.3.3  USE="accessibility cups dbus gif glib jpeg opengl png qt-copy qt3support sqlite3 ssl tiff zlib -debug -doc -examples (-firebird) -mng -mysql -nas -nis -odbc -pch -postgres -sqlite -xinerama" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom" 0 kB [1]

edit: damn fuck damn. I had it working with kde4 on ia32, noticed I had a 64bit cpu... fucking prig I am, HAD to reemerge for amd64... stupid
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using gcc 4.3. Maybe the 4.3 compile bug is more noticeable on 64-bit mode. You might want to use GCC 4.2.2 with -march="native" which will use the correct march and mcpu flags for the Core2. I don't know much about gcc 4.3. In the ebuild, you might want to comment out that flag that adds visibility. You need to read the comments and there is one comment about appending visibility support. That might be seriously broken in 4.3. I think you really need to strip down the flags, and also you might want to try MAKEOPTS="-j1" so there is only one process. I noticed that -j1 solves a lot of compile issues.

You should try all the above and see if that helps. :)
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried j1, march=native and stripping all the flags (except the one inside the ebuild you mentioned). with gcc 4.3.

emerging gcc.4.2.2 over night, though I REALLY would prefer a better solution ;)
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably strip that flag in the ebuild for gcc 4.3 alphas, since I am betting that it is responsible. Visibility has been broken in the past, and I bet it is broken again.

Instead of emergeing gcc 4.2.2, it might be simpler just to try to comment out that flag in the ebuild, if that works, then I will add the checks. :)
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing I found regarding visibility was this:

Code:
        # Disable visibility explicitly if gcc version isn't 4
        if [[ "$(gcc-major-version)" != "4" ]]; then
        fi

... is that what you meant? I removed the condition and am compiling right now.

edit: did not work. hm. still:
Code:
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global/qglobal.cpp: In function 'void qt_message_output(QtMsgType, const char*)':
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-4.3.3/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.3/src/corelib/global/qglobal.cpp:2140: error: 'stderr' was not declared in this scope

edit2: could you IM me, maybe we can figure this out together.. (omg that sounded gay ;)
edit3: do NOT remove visibility, or KDE wont compile (I used gcc-4.2.2):
Code:
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_NO_THREADSAFE_STATICS
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_NO_THREADSAFE_STATICS - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
CMake Error: Qt compiled without support for -fvisibility=hidden. This will break plugins and linking of some applications. Please fix your Qt installation.
-- Configuring done
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4 failed.

soya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i'm a bit confuse about it all and so, i have a few questions as i have been away from updating gentoo for a long time.
In the thread i can find qt ebuilds qith qt-copy patches (fvisivility), qt-3.x is required for kde-3.x and qt-4.x is required for kde-4.x, right?
Then don't understand why now qt-copy tweaked ebuilds have pertty USE flag, what should perrty USE flag do on qt-copy tweaked ebuild, when enabled?
Where can i find kde-3.x perrty ebuilds now xeffects overlay is closed, ive been looking in the forum but i can't seem to find them as desktop-effects it's not focused to perrty patches.

Thanks a lot and hope some one can help :)

EDIT:Thanks a lot for the explanation

Last edited by soya on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soya wrote:
Hi, i'm a bit confuse about it all and so, i have a few questions as i have been away from updating gentoo for a long time.
In the thread i can find qt ebuilds qith qt-copy patches (fvisivility), qt-3.x is required for kde-3.x and qt-4.x is required for kde-4.x, right?
Then don't understand why now qt-copy tweaked ebuilds have pertty USE flag, what should perrty USE flag do on qt-copy tweaked ebuild, when enabled?
Where can i find kde-3.x perrty ebuilds now xeffects overlay is closed, ive been looking in the forum but i can't seem to find them as desktop-effects it's not focused to perrty patches.

Thanks a lot and hope some one can help :)

There is no pertty use flag in these ebuilds. There is only a qt-copy use flag. Check that you are not using Qt from a different overlay. You need to use the ebuilds from this thread on the first post where it says download. The old pertty patches used the pertty use flag on the old KDE pertty ebuilds. But no more is pertty or that use flag.

The KDE 3.x pertty ebuilds are dead as well. Perrty/KIp/xeffects have all be closed down and those names retired. :P I was originally one of the helpers on the pertty patches long before it went into the Xeffects overlay. I recently released in "beta" form a set of patches for the latest KDE 3.5.8 ebuilds that contain all that pertty had, and more. :) I haven't updated the ebuilds to the stable ebuilds yet, so you can change the keyword if you wish. You can find those ebuilds in this thread for now (read my post towards the bottom):
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-645953-highlight-.html

Tech support for that will be slow for the next several weeks. I have a lot of big changes in my life and I need to deal with those first.

Later.
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news? I cannot use an environment with 2 different compiler versions, it seems to considerably slow down everything...
dodo1122
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kEiNsTeiN wrote:
any news? I cannot use an environment with 2 different compiler versions, it seems to considerably slow down everything...

I use it like that :P

Still need gcc422 for boost-dependent packages. And i didn't touch my qt4 recently, so i have qt4-dependent stuff compiled with gcc43. Although this, i can't compile kde4 though; it fails at strigi :/

dodo
kEiNsTeiN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then I dont get it.... I mean I compiled 32bit everything, entirely gcc4.3 (except boost), I compiled inside vmware and started X and KDE-svn inside vmware. was surpised cause it was so fast even without vmwaretools.
so I found out I had 64 bit and did it all over again. Now I installed inside vmware again, but then booted natively with nvidia-drivers and everything. SUPER-slow! well not super-slow, but really unresponsive. Klicking the KDE startmenu-buton takes about a second to show the menu! in vmware with 32bit it was instant! the only way I cant explain this to myself is, that amd64 forced me to fallback to gcc4.2.2, making the system inconsistent. or maybe a fucked up checkout of the kde-svn.

this annoys the crap out of me ;)
Phoenix591
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--2008-02-03 19:07:26-- (try: 5) http://eruonen.serveblog.net/patches/qt-copy-3.3.8-patches-20080119.tar.bz2
Connecting to eruonen.serveblog.net|70.225.88.45|:80... failed: Connection timed out.
Giving up.

hmm it seems your host/server is down or something, as i can't ping it either ( i get unknown host then, and no response when i use the ip above)
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Sorry. I keep forgetting to update the dns whenever the router restarts.

Should work now.
creidiki
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poke it again will ya? :D

also, why not get a router with inbuilt dyndns support? ;p
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time it was an issue with apache. -_- Problem fixed now. :)

Cheers.
soya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still getting the error above. What can i do?
Finswimmer
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soya wrote:
i'm still getting the error above. What can i do?

Try it again. Just tried it and it works.

Tobi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: