View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stech
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: beryl flickering problems when switching back from terminal Reply with quote

I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 and am running modular X with the AIGLX extension, with Gnome 2.16 and the beryl 0.13 window manager. In the console, I am using the radeon FB driver. Everything works perfectly, except when I switch to the console and back into X, whenever any 3D effects happen I get a lot of flickering with jagged edges. I'm guessing a memory buffer gets corrupted or something when I switch out of X, since the problem stops when I reload beryl.

Is there any fix to this?
Sten
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: beryl flickering problems when switching back from termi Reply with quote

stech wrote:
I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 and am running modular X with the AIGLX extension, with Gnome 2.16 and the beryl 0.13 window manager. In the console, I am using the radeon FB driver. Everything works perfectly, except when I switch to the console and back into X, whenever any 3D effects happen I get a lot of flickering with jagged edges. I'm guessing a memory buffer gets corrupted or something when I switch out of X, since the problem stops when I reload beryl.

Is there any fix to this?

This is known bug reported to Beryl developers. The only known workarounds are restarting Beryl after switching back or using MESA software acceleration.

xor rsi,rsi
lodsb
Segmentation fault
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: