KVM-59-r1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jserink
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: KVM-59-r1 Reply with quote

Hi All:

I followed the instructions off the Wiki, HOWtoKVM but I uninstalled my qemu 0.9.0 first.
Also took support for KVM out of my kernel before installing KVM so that I could use the KVM modules rather that the kernel ones which are a bit dated.

Thoughts?

WHOLLY SHIT!!!!!! And I relaly mean WOW!
I was running outlook and autocadLT2002 in qemu 0.9.0 with the kqemu module is it was useable, stable but draggy. The emulated XP session under KVM is now just like if I boot into windows, it is WAY-WAY faster and I mean wow! I am VERY, VERY surprised and impressed.

Now all I have to do is get the VDE tun tap stuff done and I'm sweet.

Does anyone know if someone has overlays for more recent versions of VDE than are in the actual portage tree?
Well done KVM team, Well done Wiki people and well done to the overlay mainter of KVM at http://tapir.sajinet.com.pe/gentoo/layman.xml>

Cheers,
john
Voltago
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just hope they get those kvm-lite patches (i. e. run kvm without hardware virtualization support) into 2.6.25 so I can test it on my good ole Thinkpad T43.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: