Linux FirstClass Client no longer working...? ("Fixed&q
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcxAsh
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Linux FirstClass Client no longer working...? ("Fixed&q Reply with quote

Linux always seems to do this to me. Something will work flawlessly after installing it, but some time later when I need it, I try to run the program, and it acts up. This seems to be happening with FirstClass mainly (there may be some or no relation, i have no clue).

First, I had the Windows FirstClass client working great under wine. However, I upgraded wine and it stopped working. It was then that I found out that there was a beta Linux client (search these forums, it's here somewhere). I installed it and it worked great too.

However, school is starting soon, so I decided to just try out my FirstClass client that I hadn't touched for a while. I opend it up, typed in my login and hit enter. The client immediately shutdown. The console output says:
Code:
fcc: Received signal 11 (aborting)...
Aborted

I think I read that sig 11 means a segfault? Is that like a crash or something? I tried removing my firstclass home directory, but still no luck. I tried reinstalling the fcc binaries, but still no luck. What's going on?

Could someone help me fix either the Linux firstclass client, or the Windows client via wine. (although, I'm guessing that fixing the Linux client would be easier)

EDIT (February 21, 2004)
Okay, so it's been a while and I never did get that client working again.. However, I just did a search today on google and found that there is a newer version of the client. I installed that one, and it's working fine now. So for those who may stumble across this message and have the same problem, try a google search. (I searched, with the keywords "linux," "firstclass," "client.") The version that I found is version 7.1-r17.. The version that I was running before was version 7.0.3 or something..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: