View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penulci
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Sawfish2 Configuration Reply with quote

Hi out there;
Since I really love the forums because I found a solution for nearly every problem I have a question according Sawfish2.

Searching around the Sawfish2 Configuration gave me no hint at all how to switch from one workspace (viewport) to the other except next or previous workspace. In Sawfish I got used to move up/down/right/left through my work spaces.
The second thing is I want to move certain windows from one workspace to the other (simply drag them with the mouse). Compared to Sawfish I did not find this functionality in Sawfish2 yet.

I hope these features did not get lost!

I am thankful for every hint.

Penulci
qwkbrnfox
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You've probably figured this out by now, but if not....

Go to sawfish configuration, then select keybindings. Set Global bindings. If you don't see a 'Next workspace' in the list then click 'Add'. Choose the 'Next workspace' command.
Clicking 'Grab' will allow you to select the key you want to use to goto the next workspace.

You can do the same thing to move a window to the next workspace. Unfortunately, you can't drag a window to another workspace.

sawfish-2.0 doesn't seem to have viewports anymore. Why they were removed, I don't know, but I miss them.

Todd
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: