Compiz fusion cube && other eyequestions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GivePeaceAChance
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Compiz fusion cube && other eyequestions Reply with quote

Hi,

I run KDE on my box. I don't want anything to do with gnome if possible.

Just installed compiz-fusion, and I've got a tonne of sweet eyecandy stuffs going on, but one thing I'm missing is being able to have a cube. I can do the elongated desktops a la |1|2|3|4| and my "cube" can unfold itself, and I can rotate my "cube" on the y-axis, but I don't ever get the chance to see a cube that fills up, say, 75% of my screen that I can rotate with the mouse.... Where is this option?

Also, I want to have a transparent terminal with readable text. By transparent, I mean the window is transparent, and WHATEVER is beneath it shows through - not just the desktop background like the fake transparency. I've hard of rvxt (I think that's what it's called) but the transparency it does also makes the text transparent. I want the text to stay sharp, while the rest of the console becomes truely transparent.

Is there a way to turn off window decorations (i.e. titlebars, borders, etc) for specific apps? Again, this is with regards to a terminal. On my Fluxbox setup, I had a fake-transparency borderless aterm that looked really spiffy when there was no application behind it to reveal that it wasn't actually truly transparent. I'm trying to achieve that here.

Is there a way to have the desktop background fade to another one? Or can the background only switch instantly? It'd be cool if I could have an image fade to another.

Finally, I really want a MacOSX like application bar. Avant-Window-Navigator has been suggested to me, but it's based on gnome, and I don't want to deal with gnome on my system. Does anyone have any suggestions/links to the next best thing that mimics the OSX bar (or takes the concept even further)?

Thanks for your help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: