Framebuffer (F2 key problem)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
friesia
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Framebuffer (F2 key problem) Reply with quote

I'm using fbsplash with "silent" boot-up mode, which allows to press F2 for switching to verbose mode. The problem is that when I'm already logged in and using X, pressing F2 key still leads to tty1 (switching to console). Can I disable this behaviour somehow? I want F2 to work only only during init proccess.
My system is AMD64. Video driver is nvidia. This is Gentoo's part of grub.conf:

Code:

title=Gentoo Linux 2.6.23
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/kernel-melf root=/dev/sda2 vga=0x317 splash=silent,theme:gentoo console=tty1
initrd (hd0,0)/fbsplash

UPD: While I was writing this, the problem disappeared. I didn't do anything at all. However, there are still people experiencing it and I don't know if it would return after reboot or reappear at some other point. So, comment please.
UPD2: If I press F2 during boot-up, this thing remains. If I don't, then it's nice behaviour, however KDM starts before that progress bar reaches 100% and when it does reach, it automatically switches to tty1 and I have to do Alt-F7 to return to KDM.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: