View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBrain
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm.. I just installed all qt-* packages from this overlay (which is up-to-date) but portage seems to have had problems at installing
the files, as "equery f qt-gui" e.g. returns /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so, but in /usr/lib/qt4 are only libphonon files.
This makes emerge kdelibs abort immediately at configure saying it can't find qmake (as it didn't get installed either).
Seems to be the problem with all packages although I built them WITH qt-copy and WITHOUT doc (and without exeptions).
I'm rebuilding the packages without qt-copy at the moment, perhaps this fixes that...

EDIT: okay, without qt-copy the files are there now.
Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBrain, say please version of qt snapshot and post configure part of log of qt-gui (with qt-copy use flag)

/usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so must not be returned by equery f qt-gui since its part of qt-core package
BigBrain
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was snapshot 20080325, however I have now re-emerged all packages with qt-copy enabled
and it just seems that something has screwed up all qt library/binary/include/etc files.
Works fine now.
OnlyOne
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't download 20080328 snapshot. Is there any? I realy need snapshot later than 27, because of some bugs get fixed in that day.
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnlyOne wrote:
I can't download 20080328 snapshot. Is there any? I realy need snapshot later than 27, because of some bugs get fixed in that day.

./newsnap 4.4.1 20080328 8O :roll: :wink:

CooSee ' Ya
ejs76
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello people,

I ran kde4-svn a little while back hoping to see some annoying speed bugs getting squashed quickly. Those fundamental flaws in the rendering department really irritated me ever since I started using kde some years ago. Qt4 + kde4 promised a lot of improvements but didn't deliver...
I know kwin (especially the compositing part) in 4.0 wasn't to be considered stable, but qt4 was already at it's third stable point release while still being the main source of all the rendering crap. (Don't get me wrong, I do see the extent of work that went into these projects and that it's still their goal to fix all of this)

So I shifted my hopes for a smooth desktop experience once again to the next qt release. As it should finally get rid of most of the render problems, according to what I've read. I'm tempted to start testing kde4-svn again, but I won't bother if it's still as jerky as ever.

So, can anyone comment on the rendering performance of the latest snapshots?(especially about resizing windows and using compositing stuff)

Thanks in advance
OnlyOne
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
OnlyOne wrote:

CooSee ' Ya

It still tries to download current date ebuild, while renaming qt-dbus snapshot to the right version.

Code:
localhost qt # ./newsnap 4.4.1 20080328
Upgrading ebuilds to 20080328
qt-dbus-4.4.1_pre20080328.ebuild         > qt-dbus-4.4.1_pre20080328.ebuild
Appending /usr/local/portage/qt to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
>>> Downloading 'http://mirror.bih.net.ba/gentoo/distfiles/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.0-snapshot-20080329.tar.gz'
--2008-03-29 11:30:20--  http://mirror.bih.net.ba/gentoo/distfiles/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.0-snapshot-20080329.tar.gz
enzobelmont
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
OnlyOne wrote:

CooSee ' Ya

it worked for me
thanks for the overlay!!
OnlyOne
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder what is wrong. I did rm -rf qt overlay folder and downloaded svn revision 17 from code.google and newsnap still rename only qt-dbus for me.
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnlyOne wrote:
I just wonder what is wrong. I did rm -rf qt overlay folder and downloaded svn revision 17 from code.google and newsnap still rename only qt-dbus for me.

Maybe your php install is missing some certain useflag, just a guess though. Seems it doesn't download the tarball for you, does it?
Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnlyOne, do ./newsnap 4.4.1 20080329 on fresh overlay or wait until i update overlay

EDIT: updated
Finswimmer
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x11-libs/qt-4.4.1_pre20080329 leads me to:

Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 4) app-misc/strigi-9999 to /
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                     [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 *                                                                                                                                                             
 * ERROR: app-misc/strigi-9999 failed.                                                                                                                         
 * Call stack:                                                                                                                                                 
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called pkg_setup                                                                                                       
 *      strigi-9999.ebuild, line   59:  Called built_with_use 'pkg_setup' 'pkg_setup'                                                                         
 *           eutils.eclass, line 1729:  Called die                                                                                                             
 * The specific snippet of code:                                                                                                                               
 *                                      die)   die "$PKG does not actually support the $1 USE flag!";;                                                         
 *  The die message:                                                                                                                                           
 *   x11-libs/qt-4.4.1_pre20080329 does not actually support the dbus USE flag!                                                                               
 *                                                                                                                                                             
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.                                                                         
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/strigi-9999/temp/build.log'.                                                                 
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-misc/strigi-9999/temp/die.env'.                                                             
 *                                                                                                   

BTW: Why does it changed to 4.4.1?

Tobi
Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finswimmer wrote:
x11-libs/qt-4.4.1_pre20080329 leads me to...

probably your strigi ebuild still want monolithic qt
Finswimmer wrote:

BTW: Why does it changed to 4.4.1?
just look at ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/snapshots/ and you'll understand
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the dbus USE flag- If you didn't disable it, couldn't building pre20080329 with it cause the strigi error?
Code:
*  The die message:                                                                                                                                           

OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.9.1 USE=experimental python3_11
IamtheOne
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that means Trolltech has forked 4.4.0 for release off the trunk, so it is probably feature frozen and being prepped for release. Which means that the current trunk is 4.4.1.
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finswimmer wrote:
x11-libs/qt-4.4.1_pre20080329 leads me to:

Code:

*  The die message:                                                                                                                                           

Just replace qt with qt-gui. The qt4-USE-flag enables the strigiclient which is a qt4-gui to the daemon. So this should be ok.
Also remember to change the USE-Flag-checking to qt-gui, too ;)
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzf wrote:
Quote:
Just replace qt with qt-gui. The qt4-USE-flag enables the strigiclient which is a qt4-gui to the daemon. So this should be ok.
Also remember to change the USE-Flag-checking to qt-gui, too
From how you've worded this, I'm not sure I understand what you mean- could you please be more specific? :)

Do you mean ADD the qt-gui USE flag to /etc/make.conf, or add it somplace else in Rion's qt overlay, or use it on the command line?

Also, do you mean remove the qt USE flag from make.conf and replace it with qt-gui- that sounds wrong to me?

I currently have these qt related USE flags enabled in emerge --info: qt-copy qt3 qt3support qt4. These have worked for me so far.

I'm still wondering about Finswimmer's dbus die message. :?
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
franzf wrote:
Quote:
Also remember to change the USE-Flag-checking to qt-gui, too
From how you've worded this, I'm not sure I understand what you mean- could you please be more specific? :)

Sry, thought my intention was clear...
I'm talking about editing the strigi-ebuild. You need to substitute "x11-libs/qt" by "x11-libs/qt-gui" in the DEPENDSs an the USE-checking.
All clear now?
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm. I think so.

However, I just updated the qt overlay, and ran
Code:
gentoo-audio qt # ./newsnap 4.4.1 20080331                         
Upgrading ebuilds to 20080331
Seemed to do OK, as usual, but then I got all this mess:
Code:
gentoo-audio qt # emerge -pv qt

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies //usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `<<<'                                                                                                             
/usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass: line 20: `<<<<<<< .mine'                                               
 *                                                                                                               
 * ERROR: media-sound/qjackctl-0.3.2 failed.                                                                     
 * Call stack:                                                                                                   
 *               ebuild.sh, line 1696:  Called source '/usr/portage/media-sound/qjackctl/qjackctl-0.3.2.ebuild' 
 *   qjackctl-0.3.2.ebuild, line    5:  Called inherit 'eutils' 'qt4'                                           
 *               ebuild.sh, line 1196:  Called die                                                               
 *              qa_source "$location" || die "died sourcing $location in inherit()"                             
 *  The die message:                                                                                             
 *   died sourcing /usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass in inherit()                                         
 *                                                                                                               
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.                           
 * This ebuild used the following eclasses from overlays:                                                       
 *   /usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass                                                                     
 *                                                                                                               
 \/usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `<<<'
 *                                                                                         
 * ERROR: dev-python/PyQt4-4.3.3 failed.                                                   
 * Call stack:                                                                             
 *               ebuild.sh, line 1696:  Called source '/usr/portage/dev-python/PyQt4/PyQt4-4.3.3.ebuild'
 *      PyQt4-4.3.3.ebuild, line    5:  Called inherit 'distutils' 'qt4'                               
 *              qa_source "$location" || die "died sourcing $location in inherit()"                     
 *  The die message:                                                                                   
 *                                                                                                     
 *                                                                                                     
 |/usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `<<<'
 *                                                                                         
 * ERROR: media-sound/qsynth-0.3.2 failed.                                                 
 * Call stack:                                                                             
 *               ebuild.sh, line 1696:  Called source '/usr/portage/media-sound/qsynth/qsynth-0.3.2.ebuild'
 *     qsynth-0.3.2.ebuild, line    5:  Called inherit 'qt4' 'eutils' 'flag-o-matic'                       
 *  The die message:                                                                                       
 *                                                                                                         
 *                                                                                                         
 \/usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `<<<'
 *                                                                                         
 * ERROR: media-sound/qsampler-0.2.1 failed.                                               
 * Call stack:                                                                             
 *               ebuild.sh, line 1696:  Called source '/usr/portage/media-sound/qsampler/qsampler-0.2.1.ebuild'
 *   qsampler-0.2.1.ebuild, line    7:  Called inherit 'qt4'                                                   
 *  The die message:                                                                                           
 *                                                                                                             
 *                                                                                                             
 |/usr/portage/local/qt/eclass/qt4.eclass: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `<<<'
 *                                                                                         
 * ERROR: app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2 failed.                                                   
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line 1696:  Called source '/usr/portage/app-crypt/qca/qca-2.0.0-r2.ebuild'
 *     qca-2.0.0-r2.ebuild, line    7:  Called inherit 'eutils' 'multilib' 'qt4'
 *  The die message:
... done!

Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB

Any ideas as to what's going on?
Here's lines 18-24 of qt4.eclass:
Code:
QTPKG="x11-libs/qt-"
QT4MAJORVERSIONS="4.4 4.3 4.2 4.1 4.0"
<<<<<<< .mine
QT4VERSIONS="4.4.1_pre20080331 4.4.0_pre20080324 4.4.0_pre20080321 4.4.0_beta1 4.4.0_rc1 4.3.4 4.3.3 4.3.2-r1 4.3.2 4.3.1-r1 4.3.1 4.3.0-r2 4.3.0-r1 4.3.0 4.3.0_rc1 4.3.0_beta1 4.2.3-r1 4.2.3 4.2.2 4.2.1 4.2.0-r2 4.2.0-r1 4.2.0 4.1.4-r2 4.1.4-r1 4.1.4 4.1.3 4.1.2 4.1.1 4.1.0 4.0.1 4.0.0"
=======
QT4VERSIONS="4.4.1_pre20080331 4.4.1_pre20080329 4.4.0_pre20080325 4.4.0_beta1 4.4.0_rc1 4.3.4 4.3.3 4.3.2-r1 4.3.2 4.3.1-r1 4.3.1 4.3.0-r2 4.3.0-r1 4.3.0 4.3.0_rc1 4.3.0_beta1 4.2.3-r1 4.2.3 4.2.2 4.2.1 4.2.0-r2 4.2.0-r1 4.2.0 4.1.4-r2 4.1.4-r1 4.1.4 4.1.3 4.1.2 4.1.1 4.1.0 4.0.1 4.0.0"
>>>>>>> .r23

Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944, it's ok. replace your qt4.eclass by your version (its something like qt4.eclass.mine) and remove other qt4.eclass.*

its because of you update from svn and use newsnap in the same time.
i don't know how to solve this problem in more elegant way
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it- you mean rename it, or edit it on line 20, or rename qt4.eclass.mine to qt4.eclass?

I didn't do it at the same time- I ran "svn up" and then when that was done ran ./newsnap
Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
I don't get it- you mean rename it, or edit it on line 20, or rename qt4.eclass.mine to qt4.eclass?

I didn't do it at the same time- I ran "svn up" and then when that was done ran ./newsnap

sorry. my knowledge of english doesn't allow me to say what i mean ;-)

rename qt4.eclass.mine to qt4.eclass. remove qt4.eclass.r*. be sure latest version of qt is noticed in qt4.eclass
svn up can't update files already updated by newsnap - here is problem
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qt4.eclass.mine has these versions:
Code:
QTPKG="x11-libs/qt-"
QT4VERSIONS="4.4.0_pre20080324 4.4.0_pre20080321 4.4.0_beta1 4.4.0_rc1 4.3.4 4.3.3 4.3.2-r1 4.3.2 4.3.1-r1 4.3.1 4.3.0-r2 4.3.0-r1 4.3.0 4.3.0_rc1 4.3.0_beta1 4.2.3-r1 4.2.3 4.2.2 4.2.1 4.2.0-r2 4.2.0-r1 4.2.0 4.1.4-r2 4.1.4-r1 4.1.4 4.1.3 4.1.2 4.1.1 4.1.0 4.0.1 4.0.0"

qt4.eclass.r23 has these:

QTPKG="x11-libs/qt-"
QT4VERSIONS="4.4.1_pre20080329 4.4.0_pre20080325 4.4.0_beta1 4.4.0_rc1 4.3.4 4.3.3 4.3.2-r1 4.3.2 4.3.1-r1 4.3.1 4.3.0-r2 4.3.0-r1 4.3.0 4.3.0_rc1 4.3.0_beta1 4.2.3-r1 4.2.3 4.2.2 4.2.1 4.2.0-r2 4.2.0-r1 4.2.0 4.1.4-r2 4.1.4-r1 4.1.4 4.1.3 4.1.2 4.1.1 4.1.0 4.0.1 4.0.0"

I edited the "29" to 31, and renamed it to qt4.eclass. However, now when i do emerge -pv qt, I get:
Code:
gentoo-audio rob # emerge -pv qt

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB

WARNING: A requested package will not be merged because it is listed in
package.provided:

qt pulled in by 'args'

gentoo-audio rob #
I have to put x11-libs/qt-4.3.4-r1 in package.provided, or emerge wants to downgrade to it.

I always have problems every time I try to update qt. My package.keywords, package.unmask, never work more that once, and I always have to also comment out qt stuff in /etc/portage/profiles/package.mask. I'm sorry to ask again, but please (once again) post exactly what I should have in package.keywords and package unmask. It never seems to work more than once. I always use what's in the kde overlay Documentation, and every time i seem to run into this problem, and have to stuggle around with it.

Last edited by wrc1944 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944, hm..
ok use svn version
mv qt4.eclass-r23 qt4.eclass
rm qt4.eclass.mine
insert latest version to QT4VERSIONS. its may be something like
QT4VERSIONS="4.4.1_pre20080331 4.4.0_pre20080325 ........
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that. Please post your package.keywords and package.unmask for qt overlay. I can't seem to get it right, once again. :?

I have in /etc/portage, from the newest overlay (today's layman kde updates) Documentation:

package.keywords
~x11-apps/xinit-1.0.5:0 **
~x11-libs/qt-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-script-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-core-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-dbus-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-sql-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-svg-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-opengl-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-test-4.4.0_beta1 **
~x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.4.0_beta1 **

package.umask
~kde-base/qimageblitz-0.0.4

~x11-libs/qt-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-script-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-core-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-dbus-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-sql-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-svg-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-opengl-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-test-4.4.0_beta1
~x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.4.0_beta1

I have also tried these versions, some of which worked before:
>=x11-libs/qt-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-core-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-dbus-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-embedded-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-opengl-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-phonon-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-script-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-sql-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-svg-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-test-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.4.0_beta1
>=x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns-4.4.0_beta1

~x11-apps/xinit-1.0.5:0 **
x11-libs/qt **
x11-libs/qt-assistant **
x11-libs/qt-gui **
x11-libs/qt-script **
x11-libs/qt-core **
x11-libs/qt-dbus **
x11-libs/qt-sql **
x11-libs/qt-qt3support **
x11-libs/qt-svg **
x11-libs/qt-opengl **
x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns **
x11-libs/qt-test **
x11-libs/qt-webkit **
EDIT: OK- giving up for now, and updating kde svn with what I have installed- 20080324. :?

Even tried this syntax: =x11-libs/qt-4.4.1_pre20080331
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: