ld.linux.so.2 trouble
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thombos
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: ld.linux.so.2 trouble Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm running gentoo amd64 on my notebook and I'm also using the emul-linux frame work for using flash plugins etc in firefox. Since about a couple of weeks I'm having a strange problem. When I use acroread or matlab or even watch youtube, a process called ld.linux.so.2 will be launched (I think acroread and matlab do this via script), which will slowly eat all my memory and about 15 to 20 minutes into using acroread or simply having matlab open (without doing anything), this ld.linux.so.2 process will haven eaten all my RAM (2GB on my notebook) and start swapping, and then shortly later freeze my notebook.
I have removed and reinstalled all these emul-linux libraries, I have reinstalled the flashplayer and acroread, but to no avail. I tried different versions of the emul-linux libraries (stable and dev), but nothing seems to fix my problem. :cry:
What can I do ?

Thank you so much, Thomas
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this problem

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
thombos
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have been search bugzilla for a while, strangely it cannot find any bugs with ld.linux.so. Anyhow the other thread describes the problem only in respect of using acroread plugin in firefox. I actually have never seen that because I don't use the plugin.

I see the same behaviour with:
acrobat standalone
matlab !!!

Edit: just double checked and found the flash player to be fine now, but matlab is the main killer right now. And it used to work fine.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: