View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saint_wrath
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: multi-gnome-terminal segmentation fault + emerge xine md5 Reply with quote

Hi,
Newbie here. Just got the X working today, after 6 days and 7 nights, must say, O gentoo guys, praise thy talent for making the fastest OS on planet. Never knew -03 -march=i686 are so sweet...
And the gentoo file mananger is just so fast+useful, it's a shame other distro can't have it...
And this forum saved my ass alot of time. For the first time I did my own d@mn X script.

Problems: after emerge multi-gnome-terminal, it won't start, gives segmentation fault.
"
bash-2.05a$ multi-gnome-terminal
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkCheckMenuItem'
"
guessing maybe my gtk lib?! I'm just using gnome 1.4. Did the usual emerge x, emerge gnome...I really like it, save me from opening 20 gnome-term

Next: the emerge xine0.9.9rc1 wouldn't work, gives out md5 errors, as ask me to del the file from portage distil dir. Have tried prfetch, ftp, to no aval. Maybe 'd wait, and install from soruceforge to another location.

An other question, I only put out 2Gig for root partition when install gentoo (got one winxp for normal, one xp for dev, one mandrake, not awhole lota space left) , now, how do I add extra space for gentoo to use without breaking anything. Can I just lets say copy all files from /usr to new partition, nano fstab, and it would work? I install alot of big apps (java VM for one) that's just huge, so I always (except this one, idiot...) put another partition to /usr.

anyway, thanks for reading
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: