View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: strange,two additional items appear in my Applications menu Reply with quote

hi folks,
Tow additional items appear in my Applications menu ( under Internet submenu ),which annoys me so much.They are "Avahi SSH server Browser" and "Avahi VNC Server Browser".I checked the USE flags of avahi package,and i found the the "dbus" had been enabled,so i disabled it and re-emerged avahi, the two items disappeared,however when i rebooted the system,i couldn't login through gdm with the log said "pam_nologin(gdm:auth): cannot determine username",so i had to re-enable the "dbus" flag.Further more when i emerged avahi with dbus flag disabled, i couldn't re-emerged gdm and the process would terminated for lack of a .lib file which i now guess depends on the dbus flag.So my questions is what's the function of the two applications and Do i need it?If not,i will delete the desktop files of the above two items
Any help will be appreciated.
EvaSDK
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please report this problem on bugs.gentoo.org

To disable avahi auxiliairy gtk programs you might try disabling the gtk use flag on avahi using /etc/portage/package.use
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: