Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 5)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:

First, you cut the error off.

Second, I just test compiled both step and kmail, both worked fine.
It could be, that you forgot to update a dependency, so please run
Code:
paludis -i1 --dl-reinstall-targets always kde-scm

and report if it still fails then.

There was no error prior to that, but i tried compiling with -j1 instead of -j4, and voilá :D
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revilootneg wrote:
@kmail-error from fldc2:

1. paludis -u kontact; paludis -i kmail did the trick for me
2. this error is a nice one: it appears right at the start [0%] saying
Quote:
*** No rule to make target 'kmail/org.kde.kmail.kmail.xml', needed by 'kontact/plugins/kmail/kmail/kmailinterface.cpp'. Stop.

and then continuing (waiting for unfinished jobs) until finally breaking at 80%.

But as I said in 1. it is fixed by "repaluding" kontact and paludis.

I've seen that error before, but this seemed to be a problem with parallel compiling though, fixed it :)
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fldc2 wrote:
revilootneg wrote:
@kmail-error from fldc2:

Quote:
*** No rule to make target 'kmail/org.kde.kmail.kmail.xml', needed by 'kontact/plugins/kmail/kmail/kmailinterface.cpp'. Stop.

and then continuing (waiting for unfinished jobs) until finally breaking at 80%.

I've seen that error before, but this seemed to be a problem with parallel compiling though, fixed it :)

Hm, could you try other values?
-j2 works fine here. -j3?
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
fldc2 wrote:
revilootneg wrote:
@kmail-error from fldc2:

Quote:

Anything below -j4 works ok.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fldc2 wrote:
Berniyh wrote:
fldc2 wrote:
revilootneg wrote:
@kmail-error from fldc2:

Quote:

Anything below -j4 works ok.

Restricting to -j1 then. ;)
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just upgraded to xorg-server from git (i need to test some radeon igp improvements) and now plasma fails to startup. i've tried to rebuild it but it fails on:

Code:
[ 90%] Built target plasma_scriptengine_qscript
CMakeFiles/plasmaengineexplorer.dir/engineexplorer.o: In function `EngineExplorer::convertToString(QVariant const&) const':
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x787): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::isLiteral() const'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x7aa): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::literal() const'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x7b5): undefined reference to `Soprano::LiteralValue::variant() const'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x7d3): undefined reference to `Soprano::LiteralValue::~LiteralValue()'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x7db): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::~Node()'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x1b5c): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::~Node()'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x1e09): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::isResource() const'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x1e2c): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::uri() const'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x1e54): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::isBlank() const'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text+0x1e79): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::identifier() const'
CMakeFiles/plasmaengineexplorer.dir/engineexplorer.o: In function `void qMetaTypeDeleteHelper<Soprano::Node>(Soprano::Node*)':
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z21qMetaTypeDeleteHelperIN7Soprano4NodeEEvPT_[void qMetaTypeDeleteHelper<Soprano::Node>(Soprano::Node*)]+0xa): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::~Node()'
CMakeFiles/plasmaengineexplorer.dir/engineexplorer.o: In function `void* qMetaTypeConstructHelper<Soprano::Node>(Soprano::Node const*)':
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z24qMetaTypeConstructHelperIN7Soprano4NodeEEPvPKT_[void* qMetaTypeConstructHelper<Soprano::Node>(Soprano::Node const*)]+0x2a): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::Node(Soprano::Node const&)'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z24qMetaTypeConstructHelperIN7Soprano4NodeEEPvPKT_[void* qMetaTypeConstructHelper<Soprano::Node>(Soprano::Node const*)]+0x51): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::Node()'
CMakeFiles/plasmaengineexplorer.dir/engineexplorer.o: In function `Soprano::Node qvariant_cast<Soprano::Node>(QVariant const&)':
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z13qvariant_castIN7Soprano4NodeEET_RK8QVariant[Soprano::Node qvariant_cast<Soprano::Node>(QVariant const&)]+0x51): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::Node()'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z13qvariant_castIN7Soprano4NodeEET_RK8QVariant[Soprano::Node qvariant_cast<Soprano::Node>(QVariant const&)]+0x74): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::Node(Soprano::Node const&)'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z13qvariant_castIN7Soprano4NodeEET_RK8QVariant[Soprano::Node qvariant_cast<Soprano::Node>(QVariant const&)]+0x7c): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::~Node()'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z13qvariant_castIN7Soprano4NodeEET_RK8QVariant[Soprano::Node qvariant_cast<Soprano::Node>(QVariant const&)]+0x86): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::~Node()'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z13qvariant_castIN7Soprano4NodeEET_RK8QVariant[Soprano::Node qvariant_cast<Soprano::Node>(QVariant const&)]+0x94): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::Node()'
engineexplorer.cpp:(.text._Z13qvariant_castIN7Soprano4NodeEET_RK8QVariant[Soprano::Node qvariant_cast<Soprano::Node>(QVariant const&)]+0xdf): undefined reference to `Soprano::Node::Node(Soprano::Node const&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [plasma/tools/engineexplorer/plasmaengineexplorer] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plasma/tools/engineexplorer/CMakeFiles/plasmaengineexplorer.dir/all] Error 2
Linking CXX executable plasmapkg
[ 90%] Built target plasmapkg
make: *** [all] Error 2

is someone else having the same issue or it's just me?!
thanks.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beso_1717 wrote:
i've just upgraded to xorg-server from git (i need to test some radeon igp improvements) and now plasma fails to startup. i've tried to rebuild it but it fails on:

thanks.

Tried with recompiling soprano first?
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
beso_1717 wrote:

thanks.

yep. and also kdelibs; i've just switched to qt-copy too and that needed the kdelibs rebuild too. for now i've recompiled:
dri2 proto -> mesa -> libpciaccess -> xorg-server -> mesa glcore -> libdrm -> x11-drm -> qt with qt-copy -> kdelibs -> libplasma + plasma (error) so that i've rebuilt soprano -> libplasma + plasma and i've again got an error.
it seems like some scripting stuff broken but i don't seem like finding the right ebuild. reconcilio or revdep-rebuild don't trigger any rebuild other than kdelibs-3.5.9, kicker-3.5.9 and oracle.
i didn't quite wanted to rebuild plasma since i've had so much pain last week with it but it seems that is needed (it loads until the system tray loading and then returns to kdm login).
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with a tip on how to get strigidaemon with the sopranobackend up and running?
All it gives is,
Code:

fredrik@xanax ~/Download $ strigidaemon
Unknown backend type: sopranobackend

clucene works ...
/usr/kde/svn/lib64/strigi/strigiindex_sopranobackend.so, it's right there, in the same directory.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beso_1717 wrote:
Berniyh wrote:
beso_1717 wrote:

thanks.

yep. and also kdelibs; i've just switched to qt-copy too and that needed the kdelibs rebuild too. for now i've recompiled:
dri2 proto -> mesa -> libpciaccess -> xorg-server -> mesa glcore -> libdrm -> x11-drm -> qt with qt-copy -> kdelibs -> libplasma + plasma (error) so that i've rebuilt soprano -> libplasma + plasma and i've again got an error.
it seems like some scripting stuff broken but i don't seem like finding the right ebuild. reconcilio or revdep-rebuild don't trigger any rebuild other than kdelibs-3.5.9, kicker-3.5.9 and oracle.
i didn't quite wanted to rebuild plasma since i've had so much pain last week with it but it seems that is needed (it loads until the system tray loading and then returns to kdm login).

Hm, could you try with "paludis -i1 --dl-reinstall-targets always kdebase-scm"?
If that fails, too, then you are really out of luck, I guess, because that would be an upstream bug and I don't think, that the kde people accept bugs caused by git xorg-servers.
Maybe it works without the whole semantic-desktop stuff?

fldc2 wrote:
Anyone with a tip on how to get strigidaemon with the sopranobackend up and running?
All it gives is,
Code:

clucene works ...
/usr/kde/svn/lib64/strigi/strigiindex_sopranobackend.so, it's right there, in the same directory.

kcontrol (or nepomuk) provides a module for systemsettings for strigi, maybe that is what you are looking for?
Look under Advanced -> Nepomuk
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:

fldc2 wrote:
All it gives is,
Code:

clucene works ...

kcontrol (or nepomuk) provides a module for systemsettings for strigi, maybe that is what you are looking for?
Look under Advanced -> Nepomuk

I know about that module, but checking that box don't do much if strigi won't start with the backend of choice.
Even when removing ~/.strigi it seems to use the sopranobackend ...and strigidaemon will not find it :)
rzZzn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

media-libs/libkipi-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure

Code:

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Found KDE 4.1 include dir: /usr/kde/svn/include
-- Found KDE 4.1 library dir: /usr/kde/svn/lib64
-- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/kde/svn/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found KDE4 automoc: /usr/kde/svn/bin/kde4automoc
-- Found Sane: /usr/include
-- Check Kdcraw library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kdcraw library using pkg-config...
-- KDE CMake PKGCONFIG macro indicates that libkdcraw is not installed on your computer.
-- Install the package which contains libkdcraw.pc if you want to support this feature.
CMake Error: Could NOT find libkdcraw header files
-- Configuring done

!!! ERROR in media-libs/libkipi-scm:
!!! In cmake-utils_src_configureout at line 1033
!!! Cmake failed

And libkdcraw is installed...

Code:

media-libs/libkdcraw
    gentoo:                  0.1.0 0.1.1 0.1.2 0.1.3 0.1.4 {:0}
    installed:               scm* {:kde-svn}
    kde4-experimental:       scm {:kde-svn}
    Description:             KDE Image Plugin Interface: a dcraw library wrapper
    Homepage:                http://www.kipi-plugins.org
    Relevant USE flags:     
    License:                 GPL-2
    Installed time:          Sat May  3 01:09:32 2008
    Source repository:       kde4-experimental
    Installed using:         paludis-0.26.1

???

//rZn
lucianolev
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:

Try with a deactivated python use flag for qscintilla. That way you should get rid of the qscintilla-python dependency, if you don't need that.

But i don't have qscintilla installed. It's just a warning from paludis that I don't fully understand. I think it's coming from the PyQt ebuild.
"paludis -qD PyQt" output:
Code:

* dev-python/PyQt                     
    gentoo:                  3.14.1-r1 (3.14.1-r2)K 3.17 (3.17.2)K 3.17.3 3.17.4 {:0}
    installed:               3.17.3* {:0}                                             
    Description:             PyQt is a set of Python bindings for the Qt toolkit.     
    Homepage:                http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/               
    Relevant USE flags:      (-debug) (-doc) (-examples)                             
    Installed time:          Mon Oct 22 09:05:24 2007                                 
    Source repository:       gentoo                                                   
    Build dependencies:                                                               
            =x11-libs/qt-3*
            >=dev-python/sip-4.7
            [b]dev-python/qscintilla[/b]
            sys-devel/libtool
            virtual/python
    Run dependencies:
            =x11-libs/qt-3*
            >=dev-python/sip-4.7
    Post dependencies:
    Source URI:              http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Downloads/PyQt3/GPL/PyQt-x11-gpl-3.17.3.tar.gz

Key to mask reasons:

* K: keywords

dev-python/qscintilla does not exist, can that originate the problem?

Berniyh wrote:

I think there are two issues here. The first issue is, that there could be improvement for the README file in the overlay. For that, you can just provide a patch. Either via IRC or Bugzilla, or via the forums, but I think for submitting patches the other ways are better.
The second issue is, that I think many users want a very detailed guide, that describes every step. That guide could be placed on the overlays site, or maybe even on a site like gentoo-wiki.com.
The README file could act as a base here.
If you want to do something like that, try to contact someone on IRC.

Ok, if I have time, I will try to write a short guide for the gentoo-wiki.com.

Bye and thanks for your time.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you sync?

And does it work, if you reinstall libkdcraw?

Did you remove something after the installation of libkdcraw?
(like for example libkipi)

It works here, at least.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucianolev wrote:
Berniyh wrote:

Try with a deactivated python use flag for qscintilla. That way you should get rid of the qscintilla-python dependency, if you don't need that.

But i don't have qscintilla installed. It's just a warning from paludis that I don't fully understand. I think it's coming from the PyQt ebuild.
"paludis -qD PyQt" output:
Code:

* dev-python/PyQt                     
    gentoo:                  3.14.1-r1 (3.14.1-r2)K 3.17 (3.17.2)K 3.17.3 3.17.4 {:0}
    installed:               3.17.3* {:0}                                             
    Description:             PyQt is a set of Python bindings for the Qt toolkit.     
    Homepage:                http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/               
    Relevant USE flags:      (-debug) (-doc) (-examples)                             
    Installed time:          Mon Oct 22 09:05:24 2007                                 
    Source repository:       gentoo                                                   
    Build dependencies:                                                               
            =x11-libs/qt-3*
            >=dev-python/sip-4.7
            sys-devel/libtool
            virtual/python
    Run dependencies:
            =x11-libs/qt-3*
            >=dev-python/sip-4.7
    Post dependencies:
    Source URI:              http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Downloads/PyQt3/GPL/PyQt-x11-gpl-3.17.3.tar.gz

Key to mask reasons:

* K: keywords

dev-python/qscintilla does not exist, can that originate the problem?

No, that was a package move some time ago. Reinstall PyQt to get out of that.
Ok here is what happens:
PyQt -> qscintilla -> (python? qscintilla-python) -> (qt4? PyQt4) -> qt-4.3
So there are two ways to prevent this. Either deactivate the python useflag for qscintilla or deactivate the qt4 useflag for qscintilla-python.
I hope that clears it up. ;)
(Or, of course, find a PyQt4-4.4 ebuilds. ;))
I would deactivate the python use flag for qscintilla, normally you shouldn't need that one.

Quote:
Berniyh wrote:

I think there are two issues here. The first issue is, that there could be improvement for the README file in the overlay. For that, you can just provide a patch. Either via IRC or Bugzilla, or via the forums, but I think for submitting patches the other ways are better.
The second issue is, that I think many users want a very detailed guide, that describes every step. That guide could be placed on the overlays site, or maybe even on a site like gentoo-wiki.com.
The README file could act as a base here.
If you want to do something like that, try to contact someone on IRC.

Ok, if I have time, I will try to write a short guide for the gentoo-wiki.com.

Bye and thanks for your time.

We had a little discussion about that and the result was, that we'd rather not see something on gentoo-wiki.com, because those guides tend to be outdated.
Instead, we will welcome anyone to send improvements for the documentation of the overlay.
There will be:
- The README file in the repo
- Maybe a small guide in the repo for paludis
- Documentation on the website, which might share stuff with the above, but doesn't have to be the same

If you want to help there, I suggest to get in touch with Philantrop, for example via IRC.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird stuff going on. :? Tried to recompile qt-split, and 3 packages failed (qt-assistant, qt3support, and qt-sql). Tried to recompile several times (new checkouts, etc.), but the same three still failed. Kde became unstable and non-respnsive, so i rebooted to icewm, and tried rebuilding qt-split again- same result. Then I tried a complete rebuild with this:
Code:
paludis -i --continue-on-failure if-satisfied kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always
and got a big mess:
Code:
Install error:
  * In program paludis -i --continue-on-failure if-satisfied kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always:
  * When performing install action from command line:
  * When executing install task:
  * When installing 'kde-base/kdf-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * Install error: Install failed for 'kde-base/kdf-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental'

Summary of failures:

* kde-base/kdepimlibs-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kdeartwork-kscreensaver-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/plasma-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kdm-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/keditbookmarks-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kfind-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/khelpcenter-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/khotkeys-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kmenuedit-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/knetattach-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/konqueror-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/ksystraycmd-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/nsplugins-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kode-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/libkdepim-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/libkleo-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/libksieve-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kontact-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kmailcvt-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kmail-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kdf-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure

Total: 88 packages, 66 successes, 0 skipped, 22 failures, 0 unreached
That update command worked last time, but obviously, something is very wrong here. Coild the "--continue-on-failure if-satisfied" have something to do with this- it worked OK before- only one failure that time-marble. I guess from trying to rebuild kde without a complete qt. Problem is, I couldn't get all of qt to recompile correctly.

Any ideas as to what I should do next? Could this be a problem with qt rc1 being more and more outdated for these last kde svn updates in version 4.0.72? :?

EDIT: When I try and login to kde-svn from gdm, I get the kde4 svn splash screen and the loading icons, but then all I get is a totally black screen, with an active mouse pointer. Because plasma failed? Guess a complete kde rebuild is in order, but how to get a complete qt is the first problem.
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.39-r7, gcc-14
kernel-6.9.4 USE=experimental python3_12.3-final

Last edited by wrc1944 on Sat May 03, 2008 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
rzZzn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
When did you sync?

It works here, at least.

I did a sync and rebuild last night...

well will try to sync and rebuild all kde again :/ ;)

thx

//rZn
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rzZzn wrote:
Berniyh wrote:
When did you sync?

It works here, at least.

I did a sync and rebuild last night...

well will try to sync and rebuild all kde again :/ ;)

thx

//rZn

In this case libkdcraw + libkipi would have been enough.
The thing is, that I committed a patch just before you reported the problem.

[quote="wrc1944"]Weird stuff going on. :? Tried to recompile qt-split, and 3 packages failed (qt-assistant, qt3support, and qt-sql). Tried to recompile several times (new checkouts, etc.), but the same three still failed. Kde became unstable and non-respnsive, so i rebooted to icewm, and tried rebuilding qt-split again- same result.[/code]
Oh dear, that sounds like something awful is going on.

Quote:
Then I tried a complete rebuild with this:
Code:
paludis -i --continue-on-failure if-satisfied kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always
and got a big mess:
Code:
Install error:
  * In program paludis -i --continue-on-failure if-satisfied kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always:
  * When performing install action from command line:
  * When executing install task:
  * When installing 'kde-base/kdf-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * Install error: Install failed for 'kde-base/kdf-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental'

Summary of failures:

* kde-base/kdepimlibs-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kdeartwork-kscreensaver-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/plasma-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kdm-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/keditbookmarks-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kfind-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/khelpcenter-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/khotkeys-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kmenuedit-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/knetattach-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/konqueror-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/ksystraycmd-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/nsplugins-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kode-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/libkdepim-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/libkleo-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/libksieve-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kontact-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kmailcvt-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kmail-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure
* kde-base/kdf-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure

Total: 88 packages, 66 successes, 0 skipped, 22 failures, 0 unreached
That update command worked last time, but obviously, something is very wrong here. Coild the "--continue-on-failure if-satisfied" have something to do with this- it worked OK before- only one failure that time-marble. I guess from trying to rebuild kde without a complete qt. Problem is, I couldn't get all of qt to recompile correctly.

kdepimlibs hat an error upstream, that seems to be fixed now. Unfortunately I also ran into it. :(

Quote:
Any ideas as to what I should do next? Could this be a problem with qt rc1 being more and more outdated for these last kde svn updates in version 4.0.72? :?

No, Qt still should be able to compile. What is the actual error there?

Quote:
EDIT: When I try and login to kde-svn from gdm, I get the kde4 svn splash screen and the loading icons, but then all I get is a totally black screen, with an active mouse pointer. Because plasma failed? Guess a complete kde rebuild is in order, but how to get a complete qt is the first problem.

That's most likely a bug in kwin. The usual desktop effects causing this are:
- Blur (enabled) on Nvidia
- Fade (disabled) on Nvidia
- Login (disabled) on Intel
Maybe more?
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kde-base/akonadi, kopete and step still fails to build

akonadi:
http://pastebin.com/m696b35d

kopete:
http://pastebin.com/d6ba33efe

step:
http://pastebin.com/d7e17acc0

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." --Oscar Wilde.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dracula1985 wrote:

akonadi:

Wrong url?

Quote:
kopete:

Did you recompile decibel/telepathy before you recompiled kopete?
Does it work with the telepathy flag disabled?

Quote:
step:

Which versions of cln and qalculate do you have installed?
Could you try:
cln-1.1.13
and/or
libqalculate-0.9.6
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started yet another qt-split rebuild try. on package 4 right now- what's with all these gnome packages- do I really need them (and qt-sql? A lot of these gnome items failed last try. If they fail, can I keep on trying to install the rest of the qt packages, and omit qt-sql, and still succeed so that I can try kde-scm again? Or is qt-sql absolutely necessaryt?
Code:
These packages will be installed:

* x11-libs/qt-core :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-dbus-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, 4 more
    -debug -doc -glib -pch qt3support ssl
* x11-libs/qt-script :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-dbus :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-phonon-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-gui :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-opengl-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, 4 more
    accessibility cups dbus -debug -glib mng -nas -nis -pch qt3support tiff xinerama input_devices: -wacom
* gnome-base/libgnome [N 2.22.0]
    Reasons: *gnome-base/eel-2.22.1:2::gentoo, *gnome-base/libbonoboui-2.22.0:0::gentoo, 2 more
    "Essential Gnome Libraries"
    -debug -doc -esd
* gnome-base/libbonoboui [N 2.22.0]
    Reasons: *gnome-base/libgnomeui-2.22.1:0::gentoo
    "User Interface part of libbonobo"
    X -debug -doc
    982.45 kBytes to download
* gnome-base/libgnomeui [N 2.22.1]
    Reasons: *dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12:0::gentoo, *gnome-base/eel-2.22.1:2::gentoo, 3 more
    "User Interface routines for Gnome"
    -debug -doc jpeg
    1.38 MBytes to download
* dev-db/unixODBC [N 2.2.12]
    Reasons: *x11-libs/qt-sql-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    "ODBC Interface for Linux."
    gnome qt3
    2.68 MBytes to download
* x11-libs/qt-sql::gentoo (previously ::qt44dev) :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    -debug -firebird -mysql odbc* -pch+ postgres* qt3support sqlite
* x11-libs/qt-assistant::gentoo (previously ::qt44dev) :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -doc -pch+
* gnome-base/gnome-desktop [N 2.22.1]
    Reasons: *gnome-base/eel-2.22.1:2::gentoo, *gnome-base/nautilus-2.22.2:0::gentoo
    "Libraries for the gnome desktop that is not part of the UI"
    -debug -doc
    1.38 MBytes to download
* gnome-base/eel :2 [N 2.22.1]
    Reasons: *gnome-base/gnome-mount-0.6:0::gentoo, *gnome-base/nautilus-2.22.2:0::gentoo
    "The Eazel Extentions Library"
    X -debug
    598.04 kBytes to download
* gnome-base/nautilus [N 2.22.2]
    Reasons: *gnome-base/gnome-mount-0.6:0::gentoo
    "A file manager for the GNOME desktop"
    X -beagle -debug gnome -tracker
    4.80 MBytes to download
* gnome-base/gnome-mount [N 0.6]
    Reasons: *gnome-base/gnome-vfs-2.22.0:2::installed
    "Wrapper for (un)mounting and ejecting disks"
    -debug gnome kernel: (-FreeBSD)
    455.72 kBytes to download
* x11-libs/qt-opengl :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch qt3support
* x11-libs/qt-phonon :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    dbus -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-qt3support::gentoo (previously ::qt44dev) :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    accessibility -debug -pch+
* x11-libs/qt-svg :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-test :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-webkit :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch

Total: 21 packages (8 new, 13 rebuilds), 12.22 MBytes to download

OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.39-r7, gcc-14
kernel-6.9.4 USE=experimental python3_12.3-final
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
dracula1985 wrote:

akonadi:

Wrong url?

http://pastebin.com/d78ae6b72

Berniyh wrote:
Quote:
kopete:

Did you recompile decibel/telepathy before you recompiled kopete?

Yes I do

Berniyh wrote:

Now I'll try

Berniyh wrote:

Quote:
step:

* sci-libs/cln :1 [R 1.2.1] <target>
Reasons: sci-libs/libqalculate-0.9.6-r1:0::gentoo
* sci-libs/libqalculate [R 0.9.6-r1] <target>
readline
Berniyh wrote:

Could you try:
cln-1.1.13
and/or
libqalculate-0.9.6

I'll try to downgrade cln

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." --Oscar Wilde.
dracula1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:

Yes, kopete without telepathy flag builds fine!

Berniyh wrote:

Quote:
step:

Could you try:
cln-1.1.13
and/or
libqalculate-0.9.6

I masked >sci-libs/cln-1.1.13 and now step builds fine!

Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Berniyh wrote:

Quote:
step:

* sci-libs/cln :1 [R 1.2.1] <target>
Reasons: sci-libs/libqalculate-0.9.6-r1:0::gentoo
* sci-libs/libqalculate [R 0.9.6-r1] <target>
readline
Berniyh wrote:

Could you try:
cln-1.1.13
and/or
libqalculate-0.9.6

I'll try to downgrade cln

I have already been able to reproduce this one and restricted it to cln-1.1.13.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Just started yet another qt-split rebuild try. on package 4 right now- what's with all these gnome packages- do I really need them (and qt-sql? A lot of these gnome items failed last try. If they fail, can I keep on trying to install the rest of the qt packages, and omit qt-sql, and still succeed so that I can try kde-scm again? Or is qt-sql absolutely necessaryt?

Yes, qt-sql is needed in some places.

Maybe try to deactivate either odbc or postgres. (Or even both.)
The gnome stuff is pulled in by the activated gnome use flag for dev-db/unixODBC, I guess.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: