Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 5)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Some questions:
In the qt-split.conf file, why are some items markded with a "*" and some with a ?

A "*" means, that the package is always part of the set. IIRC I marked those package with a "*", that KDE4 hard depends on.
A "?" means, that a package is only part, if it is installed.
With the new feature in Paludis (using qt-split* instead of qt-split) you can override these, so a "?" will be the same as a "*" if you specify setname*.
So paludis -i qt-split* would install everything from qt.

Quote:
I originally installed qt rc1 from portage (downgraded from the snapshots). Can I now rebuild all of qt-split with:
Code:
palidus -i qt-split

Yes. But I would add a -1 (so the command is paludis -i1 qt-split), because you don't want to have qt stuff in your world file.

Quote:
Also, a question about the world file: Assuming I want to just use paludis for kde-scm, would I be better off using the paludis default location, or portage's world file?

Since I guess it uses the same VDB as Portage does, you should also use the same world file, because otherwise you will have problems when using --uninstall-unused or --depclean .

Quote:
I wanted to use portage for everything else, but I'm starting to get problems tried to emerge -upD world, with blocks, I think from stuff paludis installed. Is it a mistake to try and maintain a "composite" portage/paludis system?

A mistake? Yes. Undoable? Maybe not.
If you really want to use one Package Manager for the scm stuff and the other for other stuff, you should ensure, that their keywords/unmask/use flag files are in sync.
Because Portage has less features than Paludis, "in sync" here means, that you will have to translate these feature, for example when using sets in Paludis' config files.

Quote:
Is there any way to get rid of these constant warnings?
Code:
  ... When parsing version spec '1.60_p20071202044231-r1':                                             
  ... Number part '20071202044231' exceeds 8 digit limit permitted by the Package Manager Specification (Paludis supports arbitrary lengths, but other package managers do not)                                             
paludis@1208958628: [WARNING e.vdb.provides.no_package] In program paludis -ip world:

--log-level warning

Quote:
I think I made a mistake from the start (I configured manually) in using the portage world file for paludis, but am not sure. I tried to update world with paludis, but was getting blocks. I can't seem to update world with paludis, and I can't figure out why. I tried to post this at pastebin, but it kept rejecting it "Sorry- your post tripped our spam filter. 8O
Code:
paludis -ip world
[snip]
Query error:
  * In program paludis -ip world:
  * When performing install action from command line:
  * When executing install task:
  * When building dependency list:
  * When adding PackageDepSpec 'media-libs/vst-sdk':
  * No versions of 'media-libs/vst-sdk' are available.

Maybe you have an overlay installed for Portage, that you didn't add to Paludis?

Quote:
* You have 3 unread news items (use 'eselect news' to read)
When I try and do emerge -upD world, I get problems with
Code:
!!! Problems have been detected with your world file
!!! Please run emaint --check world.
and it wants to install kde 9999.4 versions, as well as kde-3.5.9. Full output here: http://pastebin.com/m525b0f6b

My guess would be, that you added a set to your world file.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
Thanks much for the quick replies! :D I think i understand your answers, and can apply them. However when I do paludis -ip qt-split OR qt-split*, I get this, and it reports 0 packages to install. :?. http://pastebin.com/m4f879c56

EDIT: I did forget to do a "layman -d kde." Is that the problem? :oops:

Hmmm. removed the old kde overlay, and paludis -ip world still gives me the same problem. :?

EDIT: Forgot- When I use qt-split*, it adds:
Code:
Query error:
  * In program paludis -ip qt-split*:
  * When adding PackageDepSpec 'x11-libs/qt-demo':   

* No versions of 'x11-libs/qt-demo' are available.

OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Berniyh,
Thanks much for the quick replies! :D I think i understand your answers, and can apply them. However when I do paludis -ip qt-split OR qt-split*, I get this, and it reports 0 packages to install. :?. http://pastebin.com/m4f879c56

EDIT: I did forget to do a "layman -d kde." Is that the problem? :oops:

Hmmm. removed the old kde overlay, and paludis -ip world still gives me the same problem. :?

EDIT: Forgot- When I use qt-split*, it adds:
Code:
Query error:
  * In program paludis -ip qt-split*:
  * When adding PackageDepSpec 'x11-libs/qt-demo':   

* No versions of 'x11-libs/qt-demo' are available.

Oooops. I totally forgot about qt-demo. ;)
The problem is, that qt-demo seems to be broken and has not yet been added to the official tree.
So, just cp the set from the overlay to /etc/paludis/sets, remove that line from the set and try again. ;)

Edit: With the missing overlay I meant, that you maybe have another overlay for Portage installed (for example sunrise) for which you didn't add a repo .conf file for Paludis.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
Will do the sets edit. :)
Just started a complete kde-scm update to 800184, so will do the qt-demo edit afterwards.
phoenix_me
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone compile gwenview with success ? Mine finishing with error :(

Code:
[ 96%] Building CXX object gwenview/app/CMakeFiles/gwenview.dir/thumbnailviewhelper.o                             
In file included from /usr/include/libkipi/interface.h:38,                                                       
                 from /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-gwenview-scm/work/gwenview/gwenview/app/kipiinterface.h:24,       
                 from /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-gwenview-scm/work/gwenview/gwenview/app/mainwindow.cpp:65:       
/usr/include/libkipi/imagecollection.h:53: error: 'KURL' has not been declared                                   
/usr/include/libkipi/imagecollection.h:53: error: expected ';' before 'images'                                   
/usr/include/libkipi/imagecollection.h:54: error: 'KURL' does not name a type                                     
/usr/include/libkipi/imagecollection.h:55: error: 'KURL' does not name a type                                     
/usr/include/libkipi/imagecollection.h:56: error: 'KURL' does not name a type                                     
In file included from /usr/include/libkipi/interface.h:39,                                                       
                 from /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-gwenview-scm/work/gwenview/gwenview/app/kipiinterface.h:24,       
                 from /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-gwenview-scm/work/gwenview/gwenview/app/mainwindow.cpp:65:       
/usr/include/libkipi/imageinfo.h:54: error: 'KURL' does not name a type

which is because (as someone mention) of llibkipi. I created a bug
https://www2.mailstation.de/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=57
requesting for apropriate ebuild for libkipi
___

Last edited by phoenix_me on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@phoenix_me:
Could you please sync and retry?
Kipi support has been deactivated in the overlay until the kdebuild is done.
madcat87
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sync kde4-experimental
sync kde4-experimental> fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Sync error:
* In program paludis (--show-reasons summary --dl-downgrade warning --debug-build none --log-level warning --continue-on-failure if-satisfied --with-unused-dependencies --dl-reinstall-scm weekly) --sync:
* When performing sync action from command line:
* When executing sync task:
* When syncing repository 'kde4-experimental':
* sync of '/usr/repositories/kde' from 'git://www2.mailstation.de/git/genkde4svn-pub.git/' failed

This is going on since the split ebuilds.And now even git pull doesn't work.
phoenix_me
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
@phoenix_me:
Could you please sync and retry?
Kipi support has been deactivated in the overlay until the kdebuild is done.

Yeah I can notice changes:
Code:
paludis -s kde4-experimental                                                           
Sync kde4-experimental                                                                                     
sync kde4-experimental> * refs/remotes/origin/master: fast forward to branch 'master' of git://www2.mailstation.de/git/genkde4svn                                                                                                   
sync kde4-experimental>   old..new: 59b9612..d437fcd                                                             
sync kde4-experimental> Updating 59b9612..d437fcd                                                                 
sync kde4-experimental> Fast forward                                                                             
sync kde4-experimental>  kde-base/gwenview/ChangeLog               |    3 +++                                     
sync kde4-experimental>  kde-base/gwenview/gwenview-scm.kdebuild-1 |    3 +++                                     
sync kde4-experimental>  2 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)                                         
Sync kde4-experimental completed... 

libkipi disabled in ebuild
Code:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------                                     
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.                                           
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.                                           
+ KIPI: A library for adding kipi support <http://www.kipi-plugins.org>                                           
Required to build gwenview with kipi support.                                                                     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------   

and compilation completed with sucess.

Thank you.
___
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madcat87 wrote:
Quote:
Sync kde4-experimental
sync kde4-experimental> fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Sync error:
* In program paludis (--show-reasons summary --dl-downgrade warning --debug-build none --log-level warning --continue-on-failure if-satisfied --with-unused-dependencies --dl-reinstall-scm weekly) --sync:
* When performing sync action from command line:
* When executing sync task:
* sync of '/usr/repositories/kde' from 'git://www2.mailstation.de/git/genkde4svn-pub.git/' failed

Try again, it works here. There have been some issues with the git daemon, but afaik Philantrop sorted that out.
mikkoc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madcat87 wrote:
Quote:

Change the url with the new one maybe? :)
git://www2.mailstation.de/git/genkde4svn.git/
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
I removed the qt-demo line as you mentioned, but still can't get the qt-split packages to show up. There is no rt-sources in my world file. Is the warning about virtuals stopping paludis -ip qt-split from listing the qt packages? I still don't get this- obviously it's not yet working.

However, I did adjust my world file some, and I'm at least now finally getting packages listed with paludis -ip world. What is the correct paludis command for the equivalent of "emerge -uD world"? I've read the docs, paludis forum thread, wiki, googled, etc. many times, but it's still not clear to me how to insure any deep deps are also updated when you update world packages after a gentoo sync. I know it's ridiculous, but what am I missing?.
Code:
gentoo-audio rob # paludis -ip qt-split
Building target list...                 
Building dependency list...paludis@1209031014: [WARNING virtuals.no_match] In program paludis (--log-level warning) -ip qt-split:                                                                                           
  ... When performing install action from command line:                                                       
  ... When executing install task:                                                                           
  ... When building dependency list:                                                                         
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'x11-libs/qt-assistant':                                                     
  ... When adding installed package 'x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_rc1:4::installed':                           
  ... When adding run dependencies as post dependencies:                                                     
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '~x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1':                                               
  ... When adding installed package 'x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::installed':                                 
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'media-libs/fontconfig':                                                     
  ... When adding installed package 'media-libs/fontconfig-2.5.0-r1:1.0::installed':                         
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6':                                                   
  ... When adding installed package 'dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.31:2::installed':                                   
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'dev-lang/python':
  ... When adding installed package 'dev-lang/python-2.5.2-r2:2.5::installed':
  ... When adding post dependencies as post dependencies unless under a suggested label:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'app-admin/python-updater':
  ... When adding installed package 'app-admin/python-updater-0.4:0::installed':
  ... When using already installed package to resolve dependencies:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=sys-apps/portage-2.1.2':
  ... When adding installed package 'sys-apps/portage-2.1.5_rc6:0::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=sys-apps/sed-4.0.5':
  ... When adding installed package 'sys-apps/sed-4.1.5-r1:0::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'virtual/libintl':
  ... When loading entries for virtuals repository:
  ... No packages matching 'sys-kernel/rt-sources' for virtual 'virtual/alsa'
paludis@1209031014: [WARNING virtuals.no_match] (same context) No packages matching 'sys-kernel/rt-sources' for virtual 'virtual/linux-sources'

These packages will be installed:

Total: 0 packages

Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
However, I did adjust my world file some, and I'm at least now finally getting packages listed with paludis -ip world. What is the correct paludis command for the equivalent of "emerge -uD world"? I've read the docs, paludis forum thread, wiki, googled, etc. many times, but it's still not clear to me how to insure any deep deps are also updated when you update world packages after a gentoo sync.

"deep" (-D in Portage) is default when using Paludis. No need to add an additional option.

Quote:
I know it's ridiculous, but what am I missing?.
Code:
Building target list...                 
Building dependency list...paludis@1209031014: [WARNING virtuals.no_match] In program paludis (--log-level warning) -ip qt-split:                                                                                           
  ... When performing install action from command line:                                                       
  ... When executing install task:                                                                           
  ... When building dependency list:                                                                         
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'x11-libs/qt-assistant':                                                     
  ... When adding installed package 'x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_rc1:4::installed':                           
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '~x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1':                                               
  ... When adding installed package 'x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::installed':                                 
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'media-libs/fontconfig':                                                     
  ... When adding installed package 'media-libs/fontconfig-2.5.0-r1:1.0::installed':                         
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6':                                                   
  ... When adding installed package 'dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.31:2::installed':                                   
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'dev-lang/python':
  ... When adding installed package 'dev-lang/python-2.5.2-r2:2.5::installed':
  ... When adding post dependencies as post dependencies unless under a suggested label:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'app-admin/python-updater':
  ... When adding installed package 'app-admin/python-updater-0.4:0::installed':
  ... When using already installed package to resolve dependencies:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=sys-apps/portage-2.1.2':
  ... When adding installed package 'sys-apps/portage-2.1.5_rc6:0::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=sys-apps/sed-4.0.5':
  ... When adding installed package 'sys-apps/sed-4.1.5-r1:0::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'virtual/libintl':
  ... When loading entries for virtuals repository:
  ... No packages matching 'sys-kernel/rt-sources' for virtual 'virtual/alsa'
paludis@1209031014: [WARNING virtuals.no_match] (same context) No packages matching 'sys-kernel/rt-sources' for virtual 'virtual/linux-sources'

You seem to have the package sys-kernel/rt-sources installed. That is from an overlay, because it is not in the official tree and it never was (according to sources.gentoo.org).
So as I said before, either you forgot to add one of your overlays, or it's configuration is broken.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
Quote:
You seem to have the package sys-kernel/rt-sources installed. That is from an overlay, because it is not in the official tree and it never was (according to sources.gentoo.org).
So as I said before, either you forgot to add one of your overlays, or it's configuration is broken.
Hmmmm. I always install my own kernels manually, and did install an "rt-sources" a long time ago, but not in an overlay. I had looked everywhere before, because I knew I had gotten rid of that kernel long ago,

However, I forgot to check in /var/db/pkg/sys-kernel, and sure enough, it was there. :oops: I removed it, and then did:
Code:
gentoo-audio rob # updatedb
gentoo-audio rob # paludis --regenerate-installed-cache
Regenerating cache for installed-virtuals...
Regenerating cache for installed...
gentoo-audio rob # paludis --regenerate-installable-cache
Regenerating cache for virtuals...
Regenerating cache for gentoo...
Regenerating cache for kde4-experimental...
Regenerating cache for paludis-overlay...
gentoo-audio rob #

However, I still get:
Code:
Building target list...
Building dependency list...

gentoo-audio rob #
:?

BTW- many thanks for this sentence! :D
Quote:
"deep" (-D in Portage) is default when using Paludis. No need to add an additional option.
This desperately needs to be in the paludis FAQ: Operation page. I can't believe it's not ther. 8O
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
However, I still get: [code]gentoo-audio rob # paludis -ip qt-split
Building target list...

Try
[code]paludis -pi1 --dl-reinstall-targets always qt-split[/code]
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
Wonderful! :D Thanks to all your help and patience explaing things, paludis is making more and more sense to me. 8) --dl-reinstall-targets was the missing factor in my understanding.
Code:
gentoo-audio rob # paludis -pi1 --dl-reinstall-targets always qt-split
Building target list...

* x11-libs/qt-core :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-dbus-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, 4 more
    -debug -doc -glib -pch qt3support ssl
* x11-libs/qt-script :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-dbus :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-phonon-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-gui :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-opengl-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, 4 more
    accessibility cups dbus -debug -glib mng* -nas -nis -pch qt3support tiff xinerama* input_devices: -wacom
* dev-db/libpq :4 [N 8.2.7]
    Reasons: *dev-db/postgresql-8.2.7:0::gentoo, *x11-libs/qt-sql-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    "PostgreSQL libraries."
    -kerberos nls pam -pg-intdatetime readline ssl -threads zlib
    11.99 MBytes to download
* dev-python/egenix-mx-base [N 3.0.0]
    Reasons: *dev-db/postgresql-8.2.7:0::gentoo
    "egenix utils for Python"
    3.83 MBytes to download
* dev-db/postgresql [N 8.2.7]
    Reasons: *x11-libs/qt-sql-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    "Sophisticated and powerful Object-Relational DBMS."
    -doc -kerberos nls pam perl -pg-intdatetime python readline (-selinux) ssl -tcl -test xml zlib kernel: (linux)
* dev-util/cvs [N 1.12.12-r4]
    Reasons: *dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12:0::gentoo
    "Concurrent Versions System - source code revision control tools"
    crypt -doc -emacs -kerberos nls pam -server
* dev-db/unixODBC [N 2.2.12]
    Reasons: *x11-libs/qt-sql-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    "ODBC Interface for Linux."
    gnome qt3
    2.68 MBytes to download
* x11-libs/qt-sql :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    Reasons: x11-libs/qt-assistant-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo, x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo
    -debug -firebird -mysql odbc* -pch postgres* qt3support sqlite
* x11-libs/qt-assistant :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -doc -pch
* x11-libs/qt-opengl :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch qt3support
* x11-libs/qt-phonon :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    dbus -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-qt3support :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    accessibility -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-svg :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-test :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-webkit :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch
* x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns :4 [R 4.4.0_rc1] <qt-split>
    -debug -pch

Total: 18 packages (5 new, 13 rebuilds), 18.50 MBytes to download

General sets:

* qt-split

Use flags:

* crypt:           Add support for encryption -- using mcrypt or gpg where applicable
* doc:             Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc)
* emacs:           Adds support for GNU Emacs
* gnome:           Adds GNOME support
* kerberos:        Adds kerberos support
* mng:             Adds support for libmng (MNG images)
* nls:             Adds Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU locale utilities)
* odbc:            Adds ODBC Support (Open DataBase Connectivity)
* pam:             Adds support PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) - DANGEROUS to arbitrarily flip
* perl:            Adds support/bindings for the Perl language
* pg-intdatetime:  Enables --enable-integer-datetimes configure option, which changes PG to use 64-bit integers for timestamp storage.
* postgres:        Adds support for the postgresql database
* python:          Adds support/bindings for the Python language
* qt3:             Adds support for the Qt GUI/Application Toolkit version 3.x
* readline:        Enables support for libreadline, a GNU line-editing library that almost everyone wants
* selinux:         !!internal use only!! Security Enhanced Linux support, this must be set by the selinux profile or breakage will occur
* server:          Enable server support
* ssl:             Adds support for Secure Socket Layer connections
* tcl:             Adds support the Tcl language
* test:            Workaround to pull in packages needed to run with FEATURES=test. Portage-2.1.2 handles this internally, so don't set it in make.conf/package.use anymore
* threads:         Adds threads support for various packages. Usually pthreads
* xinerama:        Add support for the xinerama X11 extension, which allows you to stretch your display across multiple monitors
* xml:             Add support for XML files
* zlib:            Adds support for zlib (de)compression

kernel:

* linux:           KERNEL setting for systems using the Linux kernel

gentoo-audio rob #

Phobos666
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this known error?
I've paludised(nice word) kdebase-scm and it compiled qt packages and some other packages and ended by kde-base/kdepimlibs-scm with this:
Code:
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_DECRYPT_RESULT_T_RECIPIENTS
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_DECRYPT_RESULT_T_RECIPIENTS - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_VERIFY_RESULT_T_FILE_NAME
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_VERIFY_RESULT_T_FILE_NAME - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_PKA_FIELDS
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_PKA_FIELDS - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_ALGORITHM_FIELDS
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_ALGORITHM_FIELDS - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_CHAIN_MODEL
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_CHAIN_MODEL - Success
-- Looking for gpgme_get_fdptr
-- Looking for gpgme_get_fdptr - not found
-- Looking for gpgme_op_getauditlog
-- Looking for gpgme_op_getauditlog - found
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_PROTOCOL_GPGCONF
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_PROTOCOL_GPGCONF - Success
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H - found
-- Performing Test HAVE_TIMEZONE
-- Performing Test HAVE_TIMEZONE - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_TM_GMTOFF
-- Performing Test HAVE_TM_GMTOFF - Success
CMake Error: Could not find Akonadi includes.
-- Configuring done

!!! ERROR in kde-base/kdepimlibs-scm:
!!! In cmake-utils_src_configureout at line 1039
!!! Cmake failed

!!! Call stack:
!!!    * cmake-utils_src_configureout (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:1039)
!!!    * kde4-base_src_configure (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3033)
!!!    * kde4-base_src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3013)
!!!    * src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3885)
!!!    * ebuild_f_compile (/usr/libexec/paludis/1/src_compile.bash:49)
!!!    * ebuild_main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:460)
!!!    * main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:479)

diefunc: making ebuild PID 25365 exit with error
die trap: exiting with error.

Unhandled exception:
  * In program /usr/bin/paludis (--log-level warning --dl-reinstall if-use-changed --show-use-descriptions changed --dl-reinstall-scm weekly --resume-command-template /root/.paludis-resume-XXXXXX) -i kdebase-scm:
  * When triggering hook 'install_fail':
  * When fetching realpath of '/usr/share/paludis/hooks/install_fail/qlop-hook.bash':
  * Could not resolve path '/usr/share/paludis/hooks/install_fail/qlop-hook.bash' (paludis::FSError)
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phobos666 wrote:
Is this known error?
I've paludised(nice word) kdebase-scm and it compiled qt packages and some other packages and ended by kde-base/kdepimlibs-scm with this:
Code:
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_DECRYPT_RESULT_T_RECIPIENTS
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_DECRYPT_RESULT_T_RECIPIENTS - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_VERIFY_RESULT_T_FILE_NAME
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_VERIFY_RESULT_T_FILE_NAME - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_PKA_FIELDS
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_PKA_FIELDS - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_ALGORITHM_FIELDS
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_ALGORITHM_FIELDS - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_CHAIN_MODEL
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_SIGNATURE_T_CHAIN_MODEL - Success
-- Looking for gpgme_get_fdptr
-- Looking for gpgme_get_fdptr - not found
-- Looking for gpgme_op_getauditlog
-- Looking for gpgme_op_getauditlog - found
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_PROTOCOL_GPGCONF
-- Performing Test HAVE_GPGME_PROTOCOL_GPGCONF - Success
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H - found
-- Performing Test HAVE_TIMEZONE
-- Performing Test HAVE_TIMEZONE - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_TM_GMTOFF
-- Performing Test HAVE_TM_GMTOFF - Success
CMake Error: Could not find Akonadi includes.
-- Configuring done

!!! ERROR in kde-base/kdepimlibs-scm:
!!! In cmake-utils_src_configureout at line 1039
!!! Cmake failed

!!! Call stack:
!!!    * cmake-utils_src_configureout (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:1039)
!!!    * kde4-base_src_configure (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3033)
!!!    * kde4-base_src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3013)
!!!    * src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3885)
!!!    * ebuild_f_compile (/usr/libexec/paludis/1/src_compile.bash:49)
!!!    * ebuild_main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:460)
!!!    * main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:479)

diefunc: making ebuild PID 25365 exit with error
die trap: exiting with error.

Unhandled exception:
  * In program /usr/bin/paludis (--log-level warning --dl-reinstall if-use-changed --show-use-descriptions changed --dl-reinstall-scm weekly --resume-command-template /root/.paludis-resume-XXXXXX) -i kdebase-scm:
  * When triggering hook 'install_fail':
  * When fetching realpath of '/usr/share/paludis/hooks/install_fail/qlop-hook.bash':
  * Could not resolve path '/usr/share/paludis/hooks/install_fail/qlop-hook.bash' (paludis::FSError)

According to http://developer.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard/, yes
Phobos666
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but theres a fix... how do i implement this fix?
spiker
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i have a small problem. I dont have sound in kde apps using phonon like amarok, juk or dragon player. In kinfocenter i can see that i have sound card but i cannot find any sound devices in systemsettings>sound>device preferences tab :/ Any ideas? I have kde-phonon installed.
PS. Other apps not using phonon have sound.
coolsnowmen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could anyone please tell me how to roll back *this* git repository to date or something possible identifier. Possibly an example that would give me back the 9999.4 ebuilds

To this commit would be nice:
Quote:

commit 5237371c953e344d8d4cde5d1ccfe80a31973c63
Author: Bernd Steinhauser <bernd@bernd-steinhauser.de>
Date: Sat Mar 29 00:58:23 2008 +0100

yeah, my attempt at paludis... refuses to install because I can't figure out how to keyword the damn things correctly, I simply have given up. Can you use paludis to install the new live ebuilds and still keep the portage environment.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phobos666 wrote:
yeah but theres a fix... how do i implement this fix?

Hm? If you have a fix for something, just point to it.

The akonadi problem is, that kdepimlibs now depends on kdesupport/akonadi, which will be added as soon as it is ready.

Last edited by Berniyh on Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolsnowmen wrote:
could anyone please tell me how to roll back *this* git repository to date or something possible identifier. Possibly an example that would give me back the 9999.4 ebuilds

No, simply, because that won't really help you. See the akonadi problem.
If you insist, try git checkout --help .

Quote:
yeah, my attempt at paludis... refuses to install because I can't figure out how to keyword the damn things correctly, I simply have given up.

It's not that different from Portage, so I don't get that. :/
Did you see, that there are sample files in the repository?
Quote:
Can you use paludis to install the new live ebuilds and still keep the portage environment.

This has been answered numerous times.
Basically you can, but might expect problems.
coolsnowmen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
coolsnowmen wrote:

No, simply, because that won't really help you. See the akonadi problem.
If you insist, try git checkout --help .

I did, I couldn't figure it out. Hence asking for HELP!
i've used cvs, and I setup my own svn repositories and I just couldn't figure out how to back track with git in this repository
I used log to figure out how far back I'ld have to go. Hence the quote in the previous post.

Have you actually read "git checkout --help" or is RTFM your standard answer? It is non-obvious. The help there only specifies switching branches which does not apply. The online help addresses checking out different tags but that also does not apply as there are no tags. I also did read this thread, but I'm sorry if I missed this in the 20+ pages.

Thank you for your direct response, I will see if the portage 4.0.3 ebuilds are good enough for now, I love overlays, but I really don't want to deal with Y.A.Package manager
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolsnowmen wrote:
Have you actually read "git checkout --help" or is RTFM your standard answer? It is non-obvious. The help there only specifies switching branches which does not apply. The online help addresses checking out different tags but that also does not apply as there are no tags. I also did read this thread, but I'm sorry if I missed this in the 20+ pages.

Of course I've read it (long time ago).
Code:
git checkout 5237371c953e344d8d4cde5d1ccfe80a31973c63

That is not obvious? ;)
You might want to create a branch from that point, so add a -b after the checkout.
But keep in mind, that
1. At that time the monolithic stuff was pretty much unmaintained already, since everyone was working on the split stuff. (Only minor corrections etc.)
2. There will be problems and they might not work (I do actually think, that is already the case with akonadi) and you will have to maintain it yourself.
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inking CXX executable testsh
/usr/kde/svn/lib/libkio.so.5: undefined reference to `Strigi::AnalysisResult::AnalysisResult(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, long, Strigi::IndexWriter&, Strigi::StreamAnalyzer&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [ksmserver/tests/testsh] Error 1
make[1]: *** [ksmserver/tests/CMakeFiles/testsh.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

i have never been able to install ksmserver because of the above errors.
i have tried all strigi versions but the problem remains the same.
i don't know if anybody has had this same problem and any
kind of solution.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 22 of 29

Jump to: