View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bloatedfish
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Black square with superkaramba themes Reply with quote

I just started using superkaramba(which rocks!), the problem is that I get this black square(perhaps an empty window?) with most of the themes that I have tried. The square appears somewhere behind the thems usually, but it is always an unusual size. Otherwise everything works fine. Any ideas??

By the way most of the themes that have this black square are docker themes, if that helps.
CrimsonScythe
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have the same "problem" as I had. I got that black box too, until I by accident switched to another desktop which had a background image. As it turnes out, the transparency in superkaramba will not work if you have just a gradient on the background. Hope this solves your problem. :)
bloatedfish
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is the same problem cause I'm using KDE 3.1.x with a background image set. It really looks like there is an empty/borderless window created. It isn't behind the whole widget; it's usually to the right side, and it's size is limited by the widget's shape, but it is never the same size as the widget. I will attempt now to do some ASCII art to describe the situation...since I'm too lazy to post a screenshot somewhere...

Never mind...this editor doesn't keep the white space, so no ASCII art.

Note that the blackbox appears behind the widget, and with one them, it seems to get bigger when you add icons to the dock bar.[/img]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: