View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Workaphobia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Konqueror password prompt Reply with quote

I recently enabled kwallet by adjusting my kwalletrc file and now konqueror insists on asking me, every single time I enter a password on a web form, whether I would like to save it. I suppose it means in the wallet as opposed to in the unprotected cache, but either way the answer is no. There would be nothing wrong with this, except that there is no option to disable this irritating prompt. Now, I can understand how the Mozilla team can make this kind of mistake, but I expected better from the KDE usability people. Instead, they seem to have duplicated this nuisance without duplicating the configuration panel. Does anyone know what I need to do to disable this "feature", preferably without sacrificing use of the wallet?

Konqueror 3.5.8 / KDE 3.5.8
aceFruchtsaft
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When an application tries to access kwallet for the first time, you are asked whether you want that app to be able to access kwallet.... so you should have said "no" for konqueror, and I suppose it wouldn't have asked you ever again.

Try the following:
In kwalletmanager click Settings -> Configure Wallet
On the "Access Control" tab, delete konqueror from the list, so kwallet will ask whether to permit access from konqueror the next time, then select "no".

HTH
Workaphobia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for mentioning kwalletmanager, I was missing that and wondering what I needed to configure the whole system without text editing the config. Unfortunately konqueror doesn't appear in the list. Nor, oddly enough, does kopete, even though it uses the wallet to sign into my accounts. Kopete still appears in the wallet contents screen, however.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: