Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 6)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmbsvicetto

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: KDE4 Overlay (Part 6) Reply with quote

This is the sixth part of the support thread for the KDE4 overlay. You'll find part 1 here, part 2 here, part 3 here, part 4 here and part 5 here.

The KDE overlay contains live ebuilds for KDE4 trunk. The regular KDE 4.0.0 ebuilds are now in the official Portage tree.

The overlay is maintained by:

Wulf C. Krueger - Philantrop (philantrop at gentoo.org)
Ingmar Vanhassel - Ingmar (ingmar.vanhassel at gmail.com)
Bo Ørsted Andresen - zlin (bo.andresen at zlin.dk)
Timo Gurr - Psy (tgurr at gentoo.org)
Tobias Heinlein - keytoaster ( keytoaster at gentoo.org )
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto - jmbsvicetto (jmbsvicetto at gentoo.org)
Bernd Steinhauser - berniyh (gentoo at berniyh.net)

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. Read the docs (details below). We reserve the right to kick you where it hurts if you don't. ;->
  2. We're not responsible for any damages these ebuilds can do to your computer.
  3. Do _NOT_ report bugs on Gentoo's bugzilla.

You'll find us on Freenode in #genkdesvn and, sometimes, here if you need help. We definitely prefer IRC, though.

To check the overlay Documentation look at the README and ReleaseNotes files and the /Documentation directory in the overlay tree. The KDE 4.0 live packages have been slotted and shouldn't cause any problems with the 3.5 slot.

Note from the maintainers of the live ebuilds:
For live ebuilds, we've switched to a new, improved ebuild format. Read on to learn what this means for you.

For quite some time now, our progress has been impaired by the absence of advanced features that have not yet been implemented in Portage.

Most of us who are working on the overlay have been using alternative package managers (PM) for quite some time now. Thus, the idea arose to go a step further and actually make good use of the capabilities they offer us and create new, improved ebuilds.

For users of the KDE overlay's live ebuilds the this means you will have to use Paludis once we have switched.

You can find all the details in this email.

Your twisted, but hopefully friendly daemon.
AMD64 / x86 / Sparc Gentoo
Help answer || emwrap.sh
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem with strigi not starting using the sopranobackend, strigidaemon won't look in /usr/kde/svn/lib64/strigi where the ebuilds like nepomuk from the kde overlay installs stuff, instead it only use libraries in /usr/lib64/strigi.

So where is the best place to fix this? Strigi or some of the packages installing to this dir?

Last edited by fldc2 on Sun May 04, 2008 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
Many thanks. That worked. :) Rebuilding automoc allowed akonadi to build, which allowed kdepimlibs to build. I'll sure remember the automoc rebuild problem if I see that type of failure again. :wink: Re-sync'd everything, and am starting a complete kde rebuild. If I get back a working desktop, I think I'll wait a few days before trying another update, so I can at least enjoy it for a little while before I break it again. :lol:
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Berniyh,
Many thanks. That worked. :) Rebuilding automoc allowed akonadi to build, which allowed kdepimlibs to build. I'll sure remember the automoc rebuild problem if I see that type of failure again. :wink: Re-sync'd everything, and am starting a complete kde rebuild. If I get back a working desktop, I think I'll wait a few days before trying another update, so I can at least enjoy it for a little while before I break it again. :lol:

Yeah, first the Plasma mess, then the Akonadi mess, what's next? :roll:

I would vote for Solid. :twisted:
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all 88 of 88 packages compiled with no problems, so I thought I was finally OK. :) No such luck. :cry: On reboot to kdesvn, I got a plasma/workspace crash, but it immediately reset itself, and the destop looked normal. Dolphin launched normally. Konqeror as webbrowser or file manager won't launch. More seriously, trying to launch Opera results in a locked grey screen- no way out but reboot. Here's the rather sparse details from the plasma crash dialog box. Should I try a plasma and/or konqueror rebuild? Or do I have to do the whole qt rebuild again first, and then the whole kde-scm rebuild once again?Or maybe try a reconcilio first?
Code:
Application: Plasma Workspace (plasma), signal SIGSEGV
(no debugging symbols found)

SNIP

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0xa5b6e8e0 (LWP 2797)]
[New Thread 0xa2ec6b90 (LWP 2808)]
[New Thread 0xa44bab90 (LWP 2798)]

SNIP

0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
[Current thread is 0 (LWP 2797)]

Thread 3 (Thread 0xa44bab90 (LWP 2798)):
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xa68737f5 in pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#2  0xa68c5c77 in QWaitConditionPrivate::wait ()
   from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#3  0xa68c58fe in QWaitCondition::wait () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#4  0xa468c7d2 in RenderThread::run ()
   from /usr/kde/svn/lib/kde4/plasma_containment_desktop.so
#5  0xa44ba35c in ?? ()
#6  0x0804d028 in ?? ()
#7  0xa44ba300 in ?? ()
#8  0xa468fee3 in ?? ()
#9  0xa70d6e80 in ?? () from /usr/kde/svn/lib/libkdeui.so.5
#10 0xa468feea in ?? ()
#11 0xa6a43ff4 in ?? () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#12 0xa44ba314 in ?? ()
#13 0xa44ba304 in ?? ()
#14 0xa44ba374 in ?? ()
#15 0xa44ba364 in ?? ()
#16 0x081311b0 in ?? ()
#17 0x0000003a in ?? ()
#18 0xa44ba338 in ?? ()
#19 0xa686ad38 in ?? () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#20 0xa44ba32c in ?? ()
#21 0x3f800000 in ?? ()
#22 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#23 0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 2 (Thread 0xa2ec6b90 (LWP 2808)):
#1  0xa68737f5 in pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#2  0xa68c5c77 in QWaitConditionPrivate::wait ()
   from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#3  0xa68c58fe in QWaitCondition::wait () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#4  0xa6b36f66 in QHostInfoAgent::run () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtNetwork.so.4
#5  0xa68c4e6c in QThreadPrivate::start () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#6  0xa686f16b in start_thread () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#7  0xa5ec1afe in clone () from /lib/libc.so.6

Thread 1 (Thread 0xa5b6e8e0 (LWP 2797)):
#1  0xa5e8df86 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0xa5e8dd97 in sleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0xa6fd7aee in KCrash::startDrKonqi () from /usr/kde/svn/lib/libkdeui.so.5
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sounds like Plasma is broken.
For plasma normally it should be enough, if you do
Code:
paludis -1i libplasma plasma

if you don't forget to rebuild everything once in a while.

For konqueror I would try:
Code:
paludis -i1 --dl-reinstall-scm always konqueror
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
Tried rebuilding libplasma and plasma, rebooted- same thing happened. Tried rebuilding konqueror, same problem. I can start Opera from a konsole, but under it is the grey screen, so if i close Dolphin, Opera, konsole. or any open app, that's it- I'm left with a locked grey screen, and I can only do ctrl-alt-backspace and restart X, where I'm left at my gdm login screen, which works. :cry: Yesterday, as I mentioned, I rebuild qt-split fine, and first thing today all of kde fine (after akonadi and kdepimlibs compiled OK), so I should be fine, but I'm not. :?

EDIT: Forgot- Right after the desktop comes up (3-4 seconds), a little white box flashes in the right upper corner of the screen, then the desktop goes black 2 seconds and re-sets itself and appears normal again, but the little white box is now gone and a very small krandr icon is in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, and will open the display settings found in sytem settings. 8O

Guess I'll try removing .kdesvn- forgot to try that.

EDIT2: That helped some. Opera no longer crashes the screen- I can use it fine. That krandr thing is gone. No workspace/plasma crash on kde starting up now. Dolphin works, but konqueror is still not launchable. kdf launches, but seems to cause a brief plasma crash/grey screen that somehow immediately corrects itself back to normal, and kdf is still there, functioning. :? Weird stuff- I'm sure there are more apps will cause weird stuff to happen. Apparently, I can use Opera, konsole, and Dolphin without problems (so far)- at least that's a somewhat functional desktop. :roll:
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since today, I'm experiencing a strange (and very annoying) issue when building any kde package. The compilation process goes on without problems and the program is installed correctly. At the end of the installation, the keyboard almost stops working from within kde. Almost means that the Alt+Ctrl+Backspace combination still works, so that I can kill the X server (I could log out correctly with the mouse, but this issue makes me so angry that I don't have the patience to do it) and go back kdm, where the keyboard starts working again. I think that this issue may be related to this other fact I started noticing today: at the end of the installation process, paludis fails when it tries to run kbuildsyscoca (this failure doesn't make paludes itself to fail, though). The error message is something like "xlib: connection to 0:0 refused by X server" (I can't be more specific because at this point the keyboard stops working, so I can't copy the message). Has anybody met something similar?

Another issue, this time with paludis (I'm still quite new to it). The keywords.conf.d/* and package_unmask.conf.d/* in the repository unmask all packages in the kde4-experimental repository, including things like amarok-scm and kdevelop-scm which are quite unusable at the moment (at least, they were last time I tried them). Doing
Code:

paludis -i --dl-upgrade always world

will install them, since I have the versions for kde 3 installed. Is there a way to keep them masked without having to manually add all the other split ebuilds to package_unmask.conf and keywords.conf? I tried adding them to package_mask.conf, but it didn't work (i guess that package_unmask has precedences over package_mask).
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the "xlib: connection to 0:0 refused by X server" too. I wondered about it, but never tried to figure it out, as I'm having other weird problems and sort of forgot about it. However, I have not noticed any problems like you describe, or any others I would think would be related- but at this point what do I know? :wink:

Does anyone have something called NepomukServices using 96% cpu, and quickly building up to about 190mb of ram (takes about 5-8 seconds), and then suddenly releases the memory completely, and starts building up ram usage again. It repeats this endlessly, no matter what app is open, or none at all. 8O

It's not listed in the Service Manager, and doesn't seem to be related to any program I use. Why is it even running at all? Can I somehow disable this monster resource hungry renegade "service"? In System Monitor it is listed, and I can right click on it, and there's an option to kill that process. My question is, do I need it for something I'm unaware of?

One of my sticks of ram went bad two days ago, so I only have 512mb on this box, and using (wasting) almost 200mb needlessly is a big deal for me right now.

EDIT:
Hmmm. Trying to kill NepomukServices via System Monitor didn't work- the thing will not die. 8O Does this mean it is a vital system service? That can't be right- it's eating 96% cpu constantly. :?
Aha! Had to kill nepomuk server, not services. Now I'll see what goes wrong. :wink: Anyone know why that thing would apparently be running wild by default? I surely never enabled it.

Last edited by wrc1944 on Sun May 04, 2008 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco wrote:
Since today, I'm experiencing a strange (and very annoying) issue when building any kde package. The compilation process goes on without problems and the program is installed correctly. At the end of the installation, the keyboard almost stops working from within kde. Almost means that the Alt+Ctrl+Backspace combination still works, so that I can kill the X server (I could log out correctly with the mouse, but this issue makes me so angry that I don't have the patience to do it) and go back kdm, where the keyboard starts working again. I think that this issue may be related to this other fact I started noticing today: at the end of the installation process, paludis fails when it tries to run kbuildsyscoca (this failure doesn't make paludes itself to fail, though). The error message is something like "xlib: connection to 0:0 refused by X server" (I can't be more specific because at this point the keyboard stops working, so I can't copy the message). Has anybody met something similar?

The error message is normal, the keyboard issue is not.
Can you try, if it happens, when you are not in KDE (svn) itself?

Quote:
Another issue, this time with paludis (I'm still quite new to it). The keywords.conf.d/* and package_unmask.conf.d/* in the repository unmask all packages in the kde4-experimental repository, including things like amarok-scm and kdevelop-scm which are quite unusable at the moment (at least, they were last time I tried them). Doing
Code:

paludis -i --dl-upgrade always world

will install them, since I have the versions for kde 3 installed. Is there a way to keep them masked without having to manually add all the other split ebuilds to package_unmask.conf and keywords.conf? I tried adding them to package_mask.conf, but it didn't work (i guess that package_unmask has precedences over package_mask).

Yes, we were discussing about the best way to unmask things lately. The current way has been used, because at that time there were not setname* sets.
In your situation I would recommend to use those sets. For example to unmask everything in kdebase-scm do:
Code:
keyword.conf:
kdebase-scm* *

package_unmask.conf:
kdebase-scm*

BTW, to prevent unwanted upgrades, you can set the option "--dl-new-slots as-needed", which won't install packages in new slots, unless they are targets or pulled in.
creidiki
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
BTW, to prevent unwanted upgrades, you can set the option "--dl-new-slots as-needed", which won't install packages in new slots, unless they are targets or pulled in.

Unfortunately the 0.26 resolver has an annoying limitation: the above option only works if "--dl-upgrade as-needed" is set too.
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:

Well, I just tried installing okular from kde 3 and the keyboard continued to work. From kde svn, instead, it stopped working again.

Berniyh wrote:

Yes, we were discussing about the best way to unmask things lately. The current way has been used, because at that time there were not setname* sets.
In your situation I would recommend to use those sets. For example to unmask everything in kdebase-scm do:
Code:
keyword.conf:
kdebase-scm* *

package_unmask.conf:
kdebase-scm*

Thanks for the information
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco wrote:
Berniyh wrote:

Well, I just tried installing okular from kde 3 and the keyboard continued to work. From kde svn, instead, it stopped working again.

Hm, maybe a Konsole issue?
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
Stefano Crocco wrote:
Berniyh wrote:

I don't think so. It also happened when I tried to install something using the terminal. And there's something I think I didn't explicitly say: this only seems to happen when installing kde packages. Installing other packages doesn't give any problem.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to start konqueror as user from konsole gives me this output, if it will help figuring this out.
Code:
rob@gentoo-audio ~ $ konqueror
konqueror(23756)/kdecore (KLocale) KLocalePrivate::initEncoding:  Defaulting to ISO 8859-1 encoding.
konqueror: symbol lookup error: /usr/kde/svn/lib/kde4/searchbarplugin.so: undefined symbol: _Z37QBasicAtomicPointer_testAndSetOrderedPVPvS_S_
rob@gentoo-audio ~ $

wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the following causing that runaway system resource nepomuk problem I mentioned above?

In system settings, under, Nepomuk/Strigi Server Configuration, it has the Nepomuk semantic desktop enabled by default, along with a "Strigi desktop search" and the strigi running button is green.

This sounds like something similar to Beagle, or the windows file indexing crap which was always on by default, slowing down the entire system's performance. Is this correct- that is what this stuff is?

If so, and you don't want all that stuff running in the background, is it OK to entirely disable nepomuk and strigi. I for one have never had a good use for such resource drains. IMO, for my desktop usage, stuff like this is basically useless. If I had a super-fast system, it might not matter, but with what I have now, it is just awful.

I disabled Nepomuk server (and services), and sure enough, my system is now much more responsive- For example, Dolphin and other apps open instantly now- use to be 1-3+ seconds.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Trying to start konqueror as user from konsole gives me this output, if it will help figuring this out.
Code:
konqueror(23756)/kdecore (KLocale) KLocalePrivate::initEncoding:  Defaulting to ISO 8859-1 encoding.
konqueror: symbol lookup error: /usr/kde/svn/lib/kde4/searchbarplugin.so: undefined symbol: _Z37QBasicAtomicPointer_testAndSetOrderedPVPvS_S_
rob@gentoo-audio ~ $

As I said, If you run into this issue, you will have to rebuild everything that depends on Qt.
Seems like you missed something.
(strigi, qca, qimageblitz etc. I've got a feeling, that strigi is the issue.)

Maybe try something like this:
Code:
paludis -i1 $(paludis -pu qt-split |grep ^\*|sed -e 's: requires.*$::' -e 's:^\* :=:' -e 's/:.*$//' |sort -u ) -p

Quote:
If so, and you don't want all that stuff running in the background, is it OK to entirely disable nepomuk and strigi. I for one have never had a good use for such resource drains. IMO, for my desktop usage, stuff like this is basically useless. If I had a super-fast system, it might not matter, but with what I have now, it is just awful.

Then why didn't you disable the semantic-desktop use flag?

Stefano Crocco wrote:
Berniyh wrote:
Stefano Crocco wrote:
Berniyh wrote:

I don't think so. It also happened when I tried to install something using the terminal. And there's something I think I didn't explicitly say: this only seems to happen when installing kde packages. Installing other packages doesn't give any problem.

I would reinstall at least kdelibs and reboot, after that, see if it is better.
(Note, that after the kdelibs rebuild you should also rebuild the kde stuff.)
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
wrc1944 wrote:
Code:
rob@gentoo-audio ~ $

As I said, If you run into this issue, you will have to rebuild everything that depends on Qt.

And i think searchbarplugin comes with konq-plugins ;) Nothing to do with strigi.
Did you rebuild this package yet?
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzf wrote:
Berniyh wrote:
wrc1944 wrote:
Code:
rob@gentoo-audio ~ $

And i think searchbarplugin comes with konq-plugins ;) Nothing to do with strigi.
Did you rebuild this package yet?

Maybe (hopefully ;-)), but maybe not.
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:

I would reinstall at least kdelibs and reboot, after that, see if it is better.
(Note, that after the kdelibs rebuild you should also rebuild the kde stuff.)

I tried reinstalling kdelibs, but nothing changed. I'm not installing the rest of kde right now, since I need to use the PC and can't do that without the keyboard. I'll try this afternoon.

Edit I just found out that this issue doesn't only happen with kde-svn, but also with qt-gui (other qt packages, such as qt-core didn't cause the problem).

Edit 2: Finished reinstalling all of Qt, and nothing changed.
Cephalon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i am new with paludis and i have the following problem, please help me!!!

Code:
paludis -i "kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn"
Building target list...
Building dependency list...paludis@1209991762: [QA version_spec.too_long] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When performing install action from command line:
  ... When executing install task:
  ... When building dependency list:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When adding build dependencies as pre dependencies:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'dev-util/subversion':
  ... When adding installed package 'dev-util/subversion-1.4.6:0::installed':
  ... When adding run dependencies as post dependencies:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=dev-libs/apr-util-1.2.8':
  ... When adding installed package 'dev-libs/apr-util-1.2.10:1::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '=sys-libs/db-4*':
  ... When adding installed package 'sys-libs/db-4.5.20_p2:4.5::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=virtual/jre-1.4':
  ... When finding provided packages for 'installed':
  ... When checking for package 'media-libs/libquicktime' in installed:
  ... When loading package names from '/var/db/pkg' in category 'media-libs':
  ... When parsing package dep spec '=media-libs/capseo-0.3.0_pre200712251-r1':
  ... When parsing version spec '0.3.0_pre200712251-r1':
  ... Number part '200712251' exceeds 8 digit limit permitted by the Package Manager Specification (Paludis supports arbitrary lengths, but other package managers do not)
paludis@1209991762: [QA version_spec.too_long] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When checking for package 'media-libs/libquicktime' in installed:
  ... When loading package names from '/var/db/pkg' in category 'media-libs':
  ... When parsing package dep spec '=media-libs/libcaptury-0.3.0_pre200712251':
  ... When parsing version spec '0.3.0_pre200712251':
  ... Number part '200712251' exceeds 8 digit limit permitted by the Package Manager Specification (Paludis supports arbitrary lengths, but other package managers do not)
paludis@1209991762: [WARNING e.vdb.provides.no_package] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... No package available for 'sys-apps/paludis 0.26.0'
paludis@1209991762: [WARNING dep_list.downgrade] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'kde-base/kdelibs:kde-svn':
  ... When adding installed package 'kde-base/kdelibs-scm:kde-svn::installed':
  ... When using already installed package to resolve dependencies:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'net-dns/avahi[mdnsresponder-compat]':
  ... When adding installed package 'net-dns/avahi-0.6.20-r2:0::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'x11-libs/qt[=4*] (rewritten from { =x11-libs/qt-4* })':
  ... Downgrade to 'x11-libs/qt-4.3.3:4::gentoo' from 'x11-libs/qt-4.4.1_pre20080412:4::installed' forced
paludis@1209991763: [WARNING dep_list.ignoring_dependencies] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'kde-base/kdelibs:kde-svn':
  ... When adding installed package 'kde-base/kdelibs-scm:kde-svn::installed':
  ... When using already installed package to resolve dependencies:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'net-dns/avahi[mdnsresponder-compat]':
  ... When adding installed package 'net-dns/avahi-0.6.20-r2:0::installed':
  ... Ignoring run dependencies due to exception 'Block: x11-libs/qt-core' (paludis::BlockError)
paludis@1209991763: [WARNING dep_list.downgrade] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/qimageblitz-0.0.4':
  ... Downgrade to 'kde-base/qimageblitz-0.0.4:0::gentoo' from 'kde-base/qimageblitz-9999:0::installed' forced
paludis@1209991763: [WARNING dep_list.ignoring_dependencies] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding run dependencies as pre dependencies:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/knotify-scm:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/knotify-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/phonon-scm:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/phonon-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.9[xcb?]':
  ... When adding installed package 'media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.11.1:1::installed':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20070129':
  ... When adding installed package 'media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20070616:0::installed':
  ... Ignoring run dependencies due to exception 'Error searching for '>=media-libs/x264-20061014': no available versions' (paludis::AllMaskedError)
paludis@1209991764: [WARNING dep_list.downgrade] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/ksmserver-scm:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/ksmserver-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/libplasma-scm:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/libplasma-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'x11-libs/qt-webkit:4[debug?]':
  ... Downgrade to 'x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo' from 'x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.4.1_pre20080412:4::installed' forced
paludis@1209991764: [WARNING dep_list.show_suggest_visitor.nothing_visible_found] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When showing suggestions in post dependencies key:
  ... When adding suggested dep 'kde-base/soliduiserver:kde-svn':
  ... Nothing visible found for 'kde-base/soliduiserver:kde-svn'
paludis@1209991764: [QA version_spec.too_long] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn':
  ... When adding package 'kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  ... When adding PackageDepSpec 'net-wireless/bluez-libs':
  ... When fetching versions of 'net-wireless/bluez-libs' in installed:
  ... When loading package names from '/var/db/pkg' in category 'net-wireless':
  ... When parsing package dep spec '=net-wireless/rt2500-1.1.0_pre2007071515':
  ... When parsing version spec '1.1.0_pre2007071515':
  ... Number part '2007071515' exceeds 8 digit limit permitted by the Package Manager Specification (Paludis supports arbitrary lengths, but other package managers do not)

These packages will be installed:

* app-crypt/pinentry [U 0.7.4-r1 -> 0.7.5]
    -caps gtk ncurses qt3
* app-crypt/gnupg [U 2.0.7-r1 -> 2.0.9]
    bzip2 -doc -ldap nls -openct -pcsc-lite (-selinux) -smartcard
    3.55 MBytes to download
* kde-base/kdepimlibs::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "Common library for KDE PIM apps."
    debug htmlhandbook -ldap sasl test
* kde-base/qimageblitz::gentoo (previously ::kde4-experimental) [D 9999 -> 0.0.4]
    3dnow (-altivec) debug mmx sse sse2
    54.41 kBytes to download
* kde-base/ksplash::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE splashscreen framework (the splashscreen of KDE itself, not of individual apps)"
    -3dnow (-altivec) -debug mmx sse sse2 -xinerama
* kde-base/kcminit::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KCMInit - runs startups initialization for Control Modules."
    -debug
* kde-base/kdebase-data::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "Icons, localization data and various .desktop files from kdebase."
* sys-fs/udev [U 115-r1 -> 119]
    (-selinux)
    197.11 kBytes to download
* sys-fs/e2fsprogs [U 1.40.6 -> 1.40.8]
    nls -static elibc: (-FreeBSD)
* sys-apps/util-linux [U 2.13.1 -> 2.13.1.1]
    crypt -loop-aes nls -old-linux (-selinux) slang unicode
    2.70 MBytes to download
* sys-fs/device-mapper [U 1.02.22-r5 -> 1.02.24-r1]
    (-selinux)
    188.47 kBytes to download
* sys-kernel/gentoo-sources :2.6.24-r7 [S 2.6.24-r7]
    -build -symlink
    135.92 kBytes to download
* sys-fs/cryptsetup [U 1.0.4-r3 -> 1.0.5-r1]
    -build -dynamic nls (-selinux)
    314.84 kBytes to download
* kde-base/kdesu::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE: gui for su(1)"
    -debug -htmlhandbook
* kde-base/kdialog::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDialog can be used to show nice dialog boxes from shell scripts"
    -debug
* kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "kioslave: the kde VFS framework - kioslave plugins present a filesystem-like view of arbitrary data"
    bzip2 -debug -htmlhandbook -openexr samba
* kde-base/kde-wallpapers::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE wallpapers"
* kde-base/phonon::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE multimedia API"
    -debug xcb
* kde-base/knotify::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "The KDE notification daemon."
    -debug
* kde-base/kreadconfig::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE: A command-line tool to read KConfig entries"
    -debug
* kde-base/libkworkspace::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "A library for KDE desktop applications"
    -debug
* kde-base/libtaskmanager::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "A library that provides basic taskmanager functionality"
    -debug xcomposite
* x11-libs/qt-webkit :4 [D 4.4.1_pre20080412 -> 4.4.0_rc1]
    debug -pch+
* kde-base/libplasma::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "Plasma: KDE desktop framework"
    -debug opengl -test -xinerama
* kde-base/solid::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "Solid: the KDE hardware library"
    bluetooth -networkmanager
* kde-base/ksmserver::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "The reliable KDE session manager that talks the standard X11R6"
    -debug
* kde-base/kde-menu-icons::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE menu icons"
* kde-base/plasma::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "Plasma: KDE desktop framework"
    -debug -htmlhandbook xcomposite -xinerama
* kde-base/kdeartwork-iconthemes::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "Icon themes for kde"
* kde-base/ksysguard::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KSysguard is a network enabled task manager and system monitor application."
    -debug -htmlhandbook lm_sensors -test
* kde-base/krunner::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE Command Runner"
    -debug opengl xcomposite xscreensaver
* kde-base/kstartupconfig::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE: Utility to launch applications with special window properties"
    -debug
* kde-base/kstyles::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE: A set of different KDE styles."
* kde-base/kwin::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "KDE window manager"
    -captury opengl xcomposite -xinerama
* kde-base/kcontrol::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "The KDE Control Center"
    -debug -htmlhandbook
* kde-base/systemsettings::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm]
    "System settings utility"
    -debug -htmlhandbook opengl usb -xinerama
* kde-base/kdebase-startkde::kde4-experimental :kde-svn [N scm] <target>
    "Startkde script, which starts a complete KDE session, and associated scripts"

Total: 37 packages (27 new, 7 upgrades, 2 downgrades, 1 in new slot), 7.12 MBytes to download

Use flags:

* 3dnow:           Adds support for 3dnow multimedia processor instructions
* altivec:         Adds support for optimizations for G4 and G5/ppc970 processors
* bluetooth:       Enables Bluetooth Support
* bzip2:           Use the bzlib compression library
* captury:         Enable the 'Capture'-plugin in kwin.
* debug:           Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
* htmlhandbook:    Enable HTML handbooks generation
* ldap:            Adds LDAP support (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
* lm_sensors:      Adds linux lm_sensors (hardware sensors) support
* mmx:             Adds support for optimizations for Pentium MMX and Athlon class processors
* networkmanager:  Add support for net-misc/networkmanager
* openexr:         Support for the OpenEXR graphics file format
* opengl:          Adds support for OpenGL (3D graphics)
* pch:             Enable precompiled header support for faster compilation times (gcc >3.4 only)
* samba:           Adds support for SAMBA (Windows File and Printer sharing)
* sasl:            Adds support for the Simple Authentication and Security Layer
* sse:             fast floating point optimization for PentiumIII+ class chips
* sse2:            faster floating point optimization for SSE2 capable chips
* test:            Workaround to pull in packages needed to run with FEATURES=test. Portage-2.1.2 handles this internally, so don't set it in make.conf/package.use anymore
* usb:             Configure USB and logitech mice
* xcb:             Support the X C-language Binding, a replacement for Xlib
* xcomposite:      Enable support for the Xorg composite extension
* xinerama:        Add support for the xinerama X11 extension, which allows you to stretch your display across multiple monitors
* xscreensaver:    Adds support for XScreenSaver extension

(1 of 37) Installing app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:0::gentoo

paludis@1209991764: [WARNING e.ebuild.userpriv_disabled] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When fetching 'app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:0::gentoo':
  ... When checking permissions on '/usr/portage/distfiles' for userpriv:
  ... Directory '/usr/portage/distfiles' owned by group 'portage', not 'paludisbuild', so cannot enable userpriv
Checking 'pinentry-0.7.5.tar.gz'... ok
paludis@1209991764: [WARNING e.ebuild.userpriv_disabled] In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  ... When installing 'app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:0::gentoo':
  ... When checking permissions on '/usr/portage/distfiles' for userpriv:
  ... Directory '/usr/portage/distfiles' owned by group 'portage', not 'paludisbuild', so cannot enable userpriv
>>> Running ebuild phase killold as root:root...
>>> Starting builtin_killold
>>> Done builtin_killold
>>> Completed ebuild phase killold
>>> Running ebuild phases init saveenv as root:root...
>>> Starting builtin_init
>>> Done builtin_init
>>> Starting builtin_saveenv
>>> Done builtin_saveenv
>>> Completed ebuild phases init saveenv
>>> Running ebuild phases loadenv setup saveenv as root:root...
>>> Starting builtin_loadenv
>>> Done builtin_loadenv
>>> Starting pkg_setup
>>> Done pkg_setup
>>> Starting builtin_saveenv
>>> Done builtin_saveenv
>>> Completed ebuild phases loadenv setup saveenv
>>> Running ebuild phases loadenv unpack compile saveenv as root:root...
>>> Starting builtin_loadenv
>>> Done builtin_loadenv
>>> Starting src_unpack
>>> Unpacking pinentry-0.7.5.tar.gz to /var/tmp/paludis/app-crypt-pinentry-0.7.5/work
tar zxf /usr/portage/distfiles/pinentry-0.7.5.tar.gz --no-same-owner
 * Applying pinentry-0.7.5-grab.patch ...                                [ ok ]
 * Applying pinentry-gmem.patch ...                                      [ ok ]
>>> Done src_unpack
>>> Starting src_compile
econf: updating /var/tmp/paludis/app-crypt-pinentry-0.7.5/work/pinentry-0.7.5/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
econf: updating /var/tmp/paludis/app-crypt-pinentry-0.7.5/work/pinentry-0.7.5/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --disable-dependency-tracking --enable-maintainer-mode --disable-pinentry-gtk --enable-pinentry-gtk2 --enable-pinentry-qt --enable-pinentry-curses --enable-fallback-curses --without-libcap --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... none
checking how to run the C preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -E
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... none
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-windres... no
checking for windres... no
checking if gcc supports -Wno-pointer-sign... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking langinfo.h usability... yes
checking langinfo.h presence... yes
checking for langinfo.h... yes
checking termio.h usability... yes
checking termio.h presence... yes
checking for termio.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking utime.h usability... yes
checking utime.h presence... yes
checking for utime.h... yes
checking for seteuid... yes
checking for stpcpy... yes
checking for mmap... yes
checking for mlock... yes
checking whether mlock is broken... no
checking for byte typedef... no
checking for ulong typedef... yes
checking for initscr in -lncurses... yes
checking for ncurses include dir... none
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for gtk+-2... yes
checking gtk+-2 version >= 2.4.0... 2.12.8
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... (cached) none
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -fexceptions... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -E
checking for X... libraries /usr/lib64, headers
checking whether -R must be followed by a space... neither works
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for Qt... no
checking for moc... /usr/bin/moc
checking for rpath... yes
configure: error:
*** Qt (>= Qt 3.0.1) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your
*** installation!  For more details about this problem, look at the
*** end of config.log.

!!! ERROR in app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:
!!! In econf at line 1595
!!! econf failed

!!! Call stack:
!!!    * econf (/var/tmp/paludis/app-crypt-pinentry-0.7.5/temp/loadsaveenv:1595)
!!!    * src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/app-crypt-pinentry-0.7.5/temp/loadsaveenv:3644)
!!!    * ebuild_f_compile (/usr/libexec/paludis/0/src_compile.bash:49)
!!!    * ebuild_main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:460)
!!!    * main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:479)

diefunc: making ebuild PID 17786 exit with error
die trap: exiting with error.

Install error:
  * In program paludis -i kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn:
  * When performing install action from command line:
  * When executing install task:
  * When installing 'app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:0::gentoo':
  * Install error: Install failed for 'app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:0::gentoo'

Summary of failures:

* app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:0::gentoo: failure

Total: 37 packages, 0 successes, 0 skipped, 1 failure, 36 unreached

Resume command: paludis --log-level qa --install --add-to-world-spec 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn' --serialised 0.25 'package;=app-crypt/pinentry-0.7.5:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=app-crypt/gnupg-2.0.9:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kdepimlibs-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/qimageblitz-0.0.4:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/ksplash-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kcminit-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kdebase-data-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=sys-fs/udev-119:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.40.8:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=sys-apps/util-linux-2.13.1.1:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=sys-fs/device-mapper-1.02.24-r1:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.24-r7:2.6.24-r7::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0.5-r1:0::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kdesu-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kdialog-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kde-wallpapers-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/phonon-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/knotify-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kreadconfig-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/libkworkspace-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/libtaskmanager-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.4.0_rc1:4::gentoo;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/libplasma-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/ksmserver-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kde-menu-icons-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/plasma-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kdeartwork-iconthemes-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/ksysguard-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kstartupconfig-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kstyles-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kwin-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kcontrol-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/systemsettings-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P' 'package;=kde-base/kdebase-startkde-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental;installed;has_all_deps;P'

* You have 1 unread news items (use 'eselect news' to read)

* Searching for configuration files requiring action...
 * No configuration file updates required
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another issue I'm having since yesterday is not being able to build kdepimlibs, because of an app-office/akonadi-related problem. The error message I get is:
Code:

Building CXX object kpimutils/CMakeFiles/kpimutils.dir/email.o                                                                                                                                     
CMakeFiles/akonadi-kde.dir/itemfetchjob.o: In function `Akonadi::ItemFetchJob::doHandleResponse(QByteArray const&, QByteArray const&)':                                                                   
/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/work/kdepimlibs-scm/akonadi/itemfetchjob.cpp:214: undefined reference to `Akonadi::ImapParser::splitVersionedKey(QByteArray const&, QByteArray&, int&)'

Does anyone have suggestions about this? I tried reinstalling akonadi, qt-* and syncing the repository, but nothing helped.
PurpleGecko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Keyboard lockups... Reply with quote

I have also had some problems with keyboard lockups when compiling KDE from svn. It has happened now twice during compiling from KDE today. I have been able to trace it down to kded4 daemon locking up on me for some reason. After killing the kded4 daemon I am able to use my keyboard again without any problems. (Last time I noticed that the control key seemed to be locked somehow....as mouse scrolling caused the font-size to change in various windows...and ctrl-alt-f1 still worked fine... and from there I was able to kill the daemon without and problems.) It is possible that it is due to newer version of kded4 being needed or some changes due to compiling and running the same program.

Not sure if that will help anyone...just my observations here :)
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was googling around for quite some time but weren't able to find anything about using kde4 on xorg-server compiled from git. has someone been able to use it that way?!

thanks.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco wrote:
Another issue I'm having since yesterday is not being able to build kdepimlibs, because of an app-office/akonadi-related problem. The error message I get is:
Code:

Building CXX object kpimutils/CMakeFiles/kpimutils.dir/email.o                                                                                                                                     
CMakeFiles/akonadi-kde.dir/itemfetchjob.o: In function `Akonadi::ItemFetchJob::doHandleResponse(QByteArray const&, QByteArray const&)':                                                                   
/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/work/kdepimlibs-scm/akonadi/itemfetchjob.cpp:214: undefined reference to `Akonadi::ImapParser::splitVersionedKey(QByteArray const&, QByteArray&, int&)'

Does anyone have suggestions about this? I tried reinstalling akonadi, qt-* and syncing the repository, but nothing helped.

Update app-office/akonadi to at least Revision 803320. That should fix that.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: