Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 6)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cephalon wrote:
Hi, i am new with paludis and i have the following problem, please help me!!!

<snip>

About the pinentry issue: That shouldn't be a Paludis problem, maybe reinstalling qt-3* could help.
Otherwise, try maybe with -qt3 for pinentry.
About the other issues:
- You have a few package, that seem to be masked
- Make sure, nothing tries to install qt-4.3* (best is to mask it and see what happens)
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On today's reboot, the plasma crash and the grey screen on Opera launch stuff described above in my 2nd post on page 1 is back. :? Guess I'll need a complete rebuild of everything. :cry:
Berniyh wrote:
Quote:
Then why didn't you disable the semantic-desktop use flag?
I didn't know there was one! :oops: :roll: Which is the preferred method in use.conf?
Code:
# Globally disabled use flags:
*/* -sematic-desktop

or:

# And some wildcarding
kde-base/*              opengl -semantic-desktop

Will disable it, sync everything, use the command Berniyh suggests above for qt-split, and rebuild kde. Here we go again! :roll: (I'm wondering at what point my CPU decides it's had enough, and retires :wink: )

UPDATE: Berniyh, your command gives me this, with a Query error at the end. I'm confused as to what this means, or if there is a mistake or typo in the command you posted? Should I just run it without the "-p"? Is the problem:
Code:
No versions of '=sys-devel/qconf-1.4' are available
full command output: http://phpfi.com/314658
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11

Last edited by wrc1944 on Mon May 05, 2008 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
Stefano Crocco wrote:
Another issue I'm having since yesterday is not being able to build kdepimlibs, because of an app-office/akonadi-related problem. The error message I get is:
Code:

Building CXX object kpimutils/CMakeFiles/kpimutils.dir/email.o                                                                                                                                     
CMakeFiles/akonadi-kde.dir/itemfetchjob.o: In function `Akonadi::ItemFetchJob::doHandleResponse(QByteArray const&, QByteArray const&)':                                                                   
/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/work/kdepimlibs-scm/akonadi/itemfetchjob.cpp:214: undefined reference to `Akonadi::ImapParser::splitVersionedKey(QByteArray const&, QByteArray&, int&)'

Does anyone have suggestions about this? I tried reinstalling akonadi, qt-* and syncing the repository, but nothing helped.

Update app-office/akonadi to at least Revision 803320. That should fix that.

I already tried rebuilding app-office akonadi, which, of course, inludes fetcing the new revisions from svn. Currently, I'm using the revision number 804213, with the same results.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco wrote:
Berniyh wrote:
Stefano Crocco wrote:
Another issue I'm having since yesterday is not being able to build kdepimlibs, because of an app-office/akonadi-related problem. The error message I get is:
Code:

Building CXX object kpimutils/CMakeFiles/kpimutils.dir/email.o                                                                                                                                     
CMakeFiles/akonadi-kde.dir/itemfetchjob.o: In function `Akonadi::ItemFetchJob::doHandleResponse(QByteArray const&, QByteArray const&)':                                                                   
/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdepimlibs-scm/work/kdepimlibs-scm/akonadi/itemfetchjob.cpp:214: undefined reference to `Akonadi::ImapParser::splitVersionedKey(QByteArray const&, QByteArray&, int&)'

Does anyone have suggestions about this? I tried reinstalling akonadi, qt-* and syncing the repository, but nothing helped.

Update app-office/akonadi to at least Revision 803320. That should fix that.

I already tried rebuilding app-office akonadi, which, of course, inludes fetcing the new revisions from svn. Currently, I'm using the revision number 804213, with the same results.

That's odd. If you look up the revision, you will see, that adds exactly that reference.

Hm, maybe there are leftovers in KDEDIR.
That could happen, if you use prelink and don't unprelink the libs/bins before uninstalling them.
Search for libakonadiprivate.so in /usr/kde/svn.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
On today's reboot, the plasma crash and the grey screen on Opera launch stuff described above in my 2nd post on page 1 is back. :? Guess I'll need a complete rebuild of everything. :cry:
Berniyh wrote:
Quote:
Then why didn't you disable the semantic-desktop use flag?
I didn't know there was one! :oops: :roll: Which is the preferred method in use.conf?
Code:
# Globally disabled use flags:
*/* -sematic-desktop

or:

# And some wildcarding
kde-base/*              opengl -semantic-desktop

Afaik only KDE packages have the semantic-desktop use flag, so both should work. It's up to you.

Quote:
Will disable it, sync everything, use the command Berniyh suggests above for qt-split, and rebuild kde. Here we go again! :roll: (I'm wondering at what point my CPU decides it's had enough, and retires :wink: )

I guess now you understand my opinion about qt-snapshots. ;-)

Quote:
UPDATE: Berniyh, your command gives me this, with a Query error at the end. I'm confused as to what this means, or if there is a mistake or typo in the command you posted? Should I just run it without the "-p"? Is the problem:
Code:
No versions of '=sys-devel/qconf-1.4' are available
full command output: http://phpfi.com/314658

sys-devel/qconf? Whereever you got that, it was not from the official repo. :p
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:

That could happen, if you use prelink and don't unprelink the libs/bins before uninstalling them.

That was it! There were files from the previous revisions of akonadi in /usr/kde/svn lib. They weren't caused by prelinking, though (I don't think so at any rate, since I don't even know what it means). I guess they were there because I forgot to uninstall them before switching to the split ebuilds a few days ago. Now, I removed those files and kdepimlibs installed correctly.

I'm wondering if there's a way to catch other left-over files.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco wrote:
Berniyh wrote:

That was it! There were files from the previous revisions of akonadi in /usr/kde/svn lib. They weren't caused by prelinking, though (I don't think so at any rate, since I don't even know what it means). I guess they were there because I forgot to uninstall them before switching to the split ebuilds a few days ago. Now, I removed those files and kdepimlibs installed correctly.

I'm wondering if there's a way to catch other left-over files.

There is /usr/share/paludis/ruby/demos/find_unmanaged_files.rb but you have to be very careful with that.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
OK- what I did was this:
Code:
paludis -i1 app-crypt/qca app-misc/strigi app-office/akonadi dev-libs/soprano media-libs/libkdcraw media-libs/libkexiv2 media-libs/libkipi kde-base/qimageblitz
All compiled fine.

I figured since qt-split went fine yesterday, there was no need to rebuild it, so I just decided to rebuild everything else, plus the deps your command showed were needed first.

Then I did:
Code:
paludis -ip kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always
Now on 30 of 88 packages- no problems so far. I'm not sure where the sys-devel/qconf came from. I googled it, and found this:
Quote:
sys-devel/qconf-cvs is required by app-
crypt/qca-2.0_beta1-r2, which is required by kde.
Now it has me worried, as apparently qca requires it. :?
However, qca compiled OK, so maybe it doesn't need it after all.
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone knows how to access a git repo via http method (i'm behind a firewall and a http proxy). i've got the http_proxy variable setup but, still, git doesn't seem to want to sync.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: I'm wondering if we should, or should not have all the kde split and/or qt-split packages in our world file. What is the definitive recommendation? If we have some of them in world, should we remove them? Paludis seems to be sometimes adding the kde packages in.
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beso_1717 wrote:
does anyone knows how to access a git repo via http method (i'm behind a firewall and a http proxy). i've got the http_proxy variable setup but, still, git doesn't seem to want to sync.

There were some hacks for this using socket..
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/git/2006/5/16/204980
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Question: I'm wondering if we should, or should not have all the kde split and/or qt-split packages in our world file. What is the definitive recommendation? If we have some of them in world, should we remove them? Paludis seems to be sometimes adding the kde packages in.

The recommendation is to not add qt stuff to the world file (I would never add libs to the world file if it is not necessary).
If you add single packages, that is up to you.

With Paludis though you can just make use of the sets. Examples:
Code:
kdebase-scm

This would keep all installed kdebase packages, if you remove one manually, it will not pull it in again, but --uninstall-unused won't uninstall anything in kdebase-scm.

Code:
kdebase-scm*

This would keep all kdebase packages, and if you remove one manually, it will pull it in again. (Basically kdebase-scm* is the same as kdebase-scm except that all packages are required.)

Code:
kde-scm

This would keep every kde package installed, unless you uninstall them manually, just like kdebase-scm, but for a larger set of packages.

Code:
kdebase-scm*
kde-scm

This would ensure, that everything in kdebase is always pulled in (so a basic setup is ensured), but other kde packages are variable.

See? This gives you more flexibility than the meta ebuilds, because you can remove packages, that you don't need.

Regarding Paludis, it adds stuff to the world file, unless you specify -1, just like Portage does.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
Thanks for the clarifications. :) BTW, Just finished up my complete rebuild. Out of 88 packages, only Nepomuk failed, but I guess that's because of the disabled USE flag? Anyway, I don't want it anyway. After I deleted .kdesvn, and restarted, things seem to be pretty normal and functional so far.

BTW, you were correct- a konq-plugings rebuild fixed konqueror- thanks for the tip! :D

Last time I got this far, on reboot everything crapped out to the, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that won't happen again. :wink:
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Berniyh,
Thanks for the clarifications. :) BTW, Just finished up my complete rebuild. Out of 88 packages, only Nepomuk failed, but I guess that's because of the disabled USE flag? Anyway, I don't want it anyway. After I deleted .kdesvn, and restarted, things seem to be pretty normal and functional so far.

Since nepomuk is actually part of the semantic-desktop stuff (like soprano) you don't need it.
Just remove that one.
Basically you should get rid that way of nepomuk, soprano and strigi.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.. After a shutdown/reboot, the old "panel doesn't retain launch icons" problem is back. Also, the right click on desktop run command takes about 15 seconds to do anything. Other than that, things are pretty good, finally. :) Oh yeah- what happen to the konqueror import bookmarks- can't seem to find it now?

Do I also need to comment out or remove Nepomuk in /etc/paludis/sets/kdebase-scm.conf, as well as the world file? Won't re-syncing the overlay put it back in, and I'll need to do that after every sync? Or put it in package mask, or I think I read about a "provides" file in paludis- is that like portage's "package.provides"? I found that useful sometimes. No big deal.

Hmmm. kde-base/nepomuk isn't in the world file, but others are- guess I must have inatalled some with -i1, and some with just -i. I need to be consistent here. :oops:

I'm getting more and more comfortable with paludis- maybe I'll go all the way pretty soon, and use it exclusively.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Hmmm.. After a shutdown/reboot, the old "panel doesn't retain launch icons" problem is back. Also, the right click on desktop run command takes about 15 seconds to do anything. Other than that, things are pretty good, finally. :) Oh yeah- what happen to the konqueror import bookmarks- can't seem to find it now?

Do I also need to comment out or remove Nepomuk in /etc/paludis/sets/kdebase-scm.conf, as well as the world file? Won't re-syncing the overlay put it back in, and I'll need to do that after every sync? Or put it in package mask, or I think I read about a "provides" file in paludis- is that like portage's "package.provides"? I found that useful sometimes. No big deal.

Hmmm. kde-base/nepomuk isn't in the world file, but others are- guess I must have inatalled some with -i1, and some with just -i. I need to be consistent here. :oops:

I'm getting more and more comfortable with paludis- maybe I'll go all the way pretty soon, and use it exclusively.

If you put kdebase-scm and not kdebase-scm* in your world file, nepomuk (and similar) won't get pulled in again.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have 19 kde-base packages in world (below), including kde-scm, but not one of those you mentioned. I have not manually edited it since I installed Paludis.
However, "paludis -ip kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always" lists kde-base 88 packages, and is what I have been using when I rebuild everything. Obviously, it's not adding all of them to the world file. A bit confusing.
Code:
kde-base/ark
kde-base/kdebase-pam
kde-base/kdelibs
kde-base/kdf
kde-base/kdm
kde-base/kedit
kde-base/ksnapshot
kde-misc/extragear-plasma
kde-misc/konq-plugins
kde-base/kontact
kde-base/automoc
kde-base/kdepimlibs
kde-scm
kde-base/libplasma
kde-base/plasma
kde-base/konqueror
kde-base/nsplugins
kde-base/solid-hardware
kde-base/soliduiserver

A question: Can you remove the kde-base packages from world, and then make up your own customized /etc/paludis/sets/mycustom.conf file (and always use paludis -i1), with only the packages you require, so as to simplify things a bit? Maybe that's unecessary, if I understood all this stuff better.

It seems that with using sets, if you only wanted to use a few packages out of each set, it would get a bit complicated (assuming you weren't using entries in the world file).
Hmmmm. Maybe I'm making this more complex than it needs to be. Can I achieve the same result by just manually adding the extra packages I need (from whatever set) to the kdebase-scm.conf file?
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
I only have 19 kde-base packages in world (below), including kde-scm, but not one of those you mentioned. I have not manually edited it since I installed Paludis.
However, "paludis -ip kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always" lists kde-base 88 packages, and is what I have been using when I rebuild everything. Obviously, it's not adding all of them to the world file. A bit confusing.

No, in this case it adds kde-scm (if it's not already there).

Quote:
A question: Can you remove the kde-base packages from world, and then make up your own customized /etc/paludis/sets/mycustom.conf file (and always use paludis -i1), with only the packages you require, so as to simplify things a bit? Maybe that's unecessary, if I understood all this stuff better.

Of course, you can do that.

Quote:
It seems that with using sets, if you only wanted to use a few packages out of each set, it would get a bit complicated (assuming you weren't using entries in the world file).
Hmmmm. Maybe I'm making this more complex than it needs to be. Can I achieve the same result by just manually adding the extra packages I need (from whatever set) to the kdebase-scm.conf file?

Why is this more complex?
It's just like this:
You add one or more sets from which you install files to world and install those parts of the sets, that you need.
Those will then be kept and not uninstalled, unless you do it on your own or remove the set from the world file.

The set will only pull in _every_ package, if you specify not setname but setname* in the world file.
Finswimmer
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I reinstalled everything yesterday with "paludis -ia1 kde-scm --dl-reinstall-scm daily". Today I cannot use KDE. After the login splash it is hanging right after the big blue K stopped bouncing.

Only nepomukservices is running with 64% CPU. What is this? And is this the reason why KDE does not start?

Thanks

Tobi
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finswimmer wrote:
Hello!

I reinstalled everything yesterday with "paludis -ia1 kde-scm --dl-reinstall-scm daily". Today I cannot use KDE. After the login splash it is hanging right after the big blue K stopped bouncing.

Only nepomukservices is running with 64% CPU. What is this? And is this the reason why KDE does not start?

Thanks

Tobi

Yes, same here (only difference: nepomukservices 99% CPU...)
Probably start systemsettings in (e.g.) fluxbox and disable nepomuk semantic desktop (:Advanced->Nepomuk)
Didn't try it yet as i'm using fluxbox ATM...
Finswimmer
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzf wrote:
Finswimmer wrote:
Hello!

Thanks

Tobi

Yes, same here (only difference: nepomukservices 99% CPU...)
Probably start systemsettings in (e.g.) fluxbox and disable nepomuk semantic desktop (:Advanced->Nepomuk)
Didn't try it yet as i'm using fluxbox ATM...

Yeah. This solved it although it should not be the solution as you are missing now some functions.

Now another problem:
After starting the Splash Screen covers all windows and desktops. With ssh and ps aux -H I can see that there is running Firefox and licq but I cannot see them as all is just black.
Can someone confirm this? I have rebuilt kde-scm yesterday with qt-4.4.1_pre20080429

Thanks
Tobi
fldc2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can start one kde-session per user on a new boot, then it just hangs at splash as other mentioned. Looking at .xsession-errors there is a lot of problems connecting to dbus.
And also nepomukservices use 99% cpu when enabled :)

So i guess, same problems as you others, built yesterday.

edit: and today, no change :)
Cephalon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can i unmask all the kde4 svn packages for paludis without unmask every packages in /etc/paludis/keywords.conf file??? I want to install the most of the packages, so i can test them...
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cephalon wrote:
how can i unmask all the kde4 svn packages for paludis without unmask every packages in /etc/paludis/keywords.conf file??? I want to install the most of the packages, so i can test them...

Put
kde-scm* *
in your keywords.conf file.
Cephalon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i try to resume a broken paludis and after an svn cleanup i take the next error please help me, i don't want to delete all the svn files i already download.

Code:
 * Fetching disabled since 1 hours has not passed since last update.
 * Using existing repository copy at revision 804590.
 *    working copy: /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/KDE/kdebase/kdebase

* Exporting parts of working copy to /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-ksplash-scm/work/ksplash
rsync: link_stat "/usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/KDE/kdebase/kdebase/workspace/*" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(980) [sender=2.6.9]

!!! ERROR in kde-base/ksplash-scm:
!!! In kde4svn-meta_src_extract at line 3415
!!! subversion: can't export toplevel files to '/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-ksplash-scm/work/ksplash'.

!!! Call stack:
!!!    * kde4svn-meta_src_extract (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-ksplash-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3415)
!!!    * kde4svn-meta_src_unpack (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-ksplash-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3438)
!!!    * src_unpack (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-ksplash-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:4248)
!!!    * ebuild_f_unpack (/usr/libexec/paludis/0/src_unpack.bash:42)
!!!    * ebuild_main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:460)
!!!    * main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:479)

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28

Jump to: