Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 6)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much, gimpel,
131.174.31.25 anonsvn.kde.org in /etc/hosts did the trick! :D I had the line 138.246.255.177 anonsvn.kde.org, which I guess I had set some time ago, and it no longer works? I obviously don't know too much about networking. :roll:
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering- yesterday on my Arch Linux partition, I updated everything using the kdesvn-build tool script, and added the module kdeplasmoids to my customized .kdesvn-buildrc file. http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeplasmoids/

All the individual plasmoids built fine- no problems. Are these going to be added to genkdesvn soon? I looked in the overlay, and didn't find them anywhere, so I just wondered since they did compile fine and seem ready.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
I was wondering- yesterday on my Arch Linux partition, I updated everything using the kdesvn-build tool script, and added the module kdeplasmoids to my customized .kdesvn-buildrc file. http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeplasmoids/

All the individual plasmoids built fine- no problems. Are these going to be added to genkdesvn soon? I looked in the overlay, and didn't find them anywhere, so I just wondered since they did compile fine and seem ready.

Then you might look again. :P

We had them for quite some time now. ;)
Actually, we always had it, because it was extragear-plasma before.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh,
Thanks for the info on kdeplasmoids!. :D Another problem just arose- solid just failed. I have the -networkmanager use flag set: Should i do "--checks none" in this case?
Code:
[100%] Building CXX object libs/solid/control/tests/CMakeFiles/solidbluetoothtest.dir/solidbluetoothtest_automoc.o
Linking CXX executable solidbluetoothtest
[100%] Built target solidbluetoothtest
 * >>> Test phase [test]: kde-base/solid-scm
make -j2 -j1 test
Running tests...
Start processing tests
Test project /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/work/solid_build
  1/  3 Testing fakenetworktest               Unable to find executable: /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/work/solid_build/libs/solid/control/backends/fakenet/tests/fakenetworktest.bat.shell
  2/  3 Testing fakebluetoothtest             Unable to find executable: /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/work/solid_build/libs/solid/control/backends/fakebluetooth/tests/fakebluetoothtest.bat.shell
  3/  3 Testing solidbluetoothtest            Unable to find executable: /var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/work/solid_build/libs/solid/control/tests/solidbluetoothtest.bat.shell

0% tests passed, 3 tests failed out of 3

The following tests FAILED:
     1 - fakenetworktest (Not Run)
     2 - fakebluetoothtest (Not Run)
     3 - solidbluetoothtest (Not Run)
Errors while running CTest
make: *** [test] Error 8

!!! ERROR in kde-base/solid-scm:
!!! In cmake-utils_src_test at line 1175
!!! Make test failed. See above for details.

!!! Call stack:
!!!    * cmake-utils_src_test (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:1175)
!!!    * kde4-base_src_test (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3223)
!!!    * kde4-meta_src_test (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3494)
!!!    * src_test (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-solid-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:4339)
!!!    * ebuild_f_test (/usr/libexec/paludis/0/src_test.bash:69)
!!!    * ebuild_main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:460)
!!!    * main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:479)

!!! This package failed inside the test phase. You should read
!!!    http://paludis.pioto.org/faq/stricter.html#testfailures
!!! for more information on packages with test phase failures.

diefunc: making ebuild PID 9374 exit with error
die trap: exiting with error.

Install error:
  * In program paludis -i1 genkdesvn-all --dl-reinstall-targets always:
  * When performing install action from command line:
  * When executing install task:
  * When installing 'kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * Install error: Install failed for 'kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental'

Summary of failures:

* kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental: failure

Total: 96 packages, 36 successes, 0 skipped, 1 failure, 59 unreached
EDIT: Went ahead and used "--checks none" and finished up OK. Also had to use it on kmail towards the end of the packages.

Am I correct in thinking tbis is probably not the best way to resolve these kinds of situations, and am I likely to run into other problems due to the fact that certain packages couldn't pass tests during the final stage of the compiling process?

Or, is it more or less acceptable if only rarely needed, as in these two cases? I assume paludis has tests enabled by default for very good reasons.
Phoenix591
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set my paludis to skip those tests by default a long time ago. So far my system hasn't suddenly stopped working.
lazx888
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are the checks occurring if the bluetooth and networkmanager are disabled?
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g2g591,
I'd like to disable tests too, but the reason I'm concerned is something mentioned at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Use_Portage_alternative_-_Paludis#Test_Fails
Quote:
Some ebuilds fail their test suites. This is usually caused by ebuild bugs. Installation of packages that fail during the test phase will require a workaround. The workaround listed below, however, is not recommended by the Paludis developers.

The workaround for this problem is to add some lines to
File: /etc/paludis/bashrc

case "${PN}" in

foo|bar)
export SKIP_FUNCTIONS=test
;;

esac

Below is a table showing packages that have been reported to fail their tests. The table includes specific versions reported to work and not work. The last column in the table is for any kind of explanation about why the test fails, or (hopefully) a link to a bug report filed against the package upstream. Please feel free to report these bugs if you have some free time!

Warning: Use of this list is harmful. If you encounter a failure, you should investigate it properly and not just assume that a package's test suite is genuinely broken. You may be encountering a real bug that would have been caught by the package's test suite had you not chosen to ignore it. Do not assume that every entry listed in the table is caused by a broken test suite rather than someone finding a real bug, and do not assume that all failures you encounter are caused by a broken testsuite.
However, I subsequently read that the bashrc lines mentioned above are now deprecated in favor of "--checks none".

My main gripe is starting a large paludis merge and then coming back hours later and finding it stopped early in the process due to a "test" failure. I have used "--continue-on-failure if-satisfied" before, but that seems less than ideal.

Is there a command where you can specify to continue-on-failure, but ONLY if it is caused by a "test" failure?
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering if someone has been able to have compiz find kde4 window decorator and have it working under kde4-svn... it's some time that i'm trying to have configure recognize it but i wasn't yet able to do it.... any hints?!
thanks[/bug]
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
g2g591,
I'd like to disable tests too, but the reason I'm concerned is something mentioned at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Use_Portage_alternative_-_Paludis#Test_Fails
Quote:
Some ebuilds fail their test suites. This is usually caused by ebuild bugs. Installation of packages that fail during the test phase will require a workaround. The workaround listed below, however, is not recommended by the Paludis developers.

The workaround for this problem is to add some lines to
File: /etc/paludis/bashrc

case "${PN}" in

foo|bar)
export SKIP_FUNCTIONS=test
;;

esac

Below is a table showing packages that have been reported to fail their tests. The table includes specific versions reported to work and not work. The last column in the table is for any kind of explanation about why the test fails, or (hopefully) a link to a bug report filed against the package upstream. Please feel free to report these bugs if you have some free time!

Warning: Use of this list is harmful. If you encounter a failure, you should investigate it properly and not just assume that a package's test suite is genuinely broken. You may be encountering a real bug that would have been caught by the package's test suite had you not chosen to ignore it. Do not assume that every entry listed in the table is caused by a broken test suite rather than someone finding a real bug, and do not assume that all failures you encounter are caused by a broken testsuite.
However, I subsequently read that the bashrc lines mentioned above are now deprecated in favor of "--checks none".

My main gripe is starting a large paludis merge and then coming back hours later and finding it stopped early in the process due to a "test" failure. I have used "--continue-on-failure if-satisfied" before, but that seems less than ideal.

Is there a command where you can specify to continue-on-failure, but ONLY if it is caused by a "test" failure?

The problem is, that 99% of the gentoo people don't make sure, that the tests work, so most of the time, when a test fails, you can't be sure, if you did something wrong, or if it is because the tests are wrong (or handled wrong).

It was proposed for EAPI 2 to enable them by default, but there seem to be many devs, that think, that tests don't add QA (which is wrong, imo).
You can read about that on the gentoo-dev ml.
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's wrong with repo?
svn checkout is slow and sometime just doesn't work.
madcat87
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to ask if kde4.1 can work with the QT version from the official repository? qt-4.4.0 http://gentoo-portage.com/x11-libs/qt ?
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madcat87 wrote:
Just want to ask if kde4.1 can work with the QT version from the official repository? qt-4.4.0 http://gentoo-portage.com/x11-libs/qt ?

Yes, that's what I'm using and it works without problems.
KejPi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Cursor themes Reply with quote

Hi,
I have found out that there are some Oxygen cursor themes in kdebase/workspace/cursors directory in my working copy but I haven't found which ebuild installs them. Is there eny ebuild which installs them? Currently I can see just one cursor theme (Classical KDE) in system settings and there are not even those I have in my system.

Thanks!
madcat87
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco wrote:
madcat87 wrote:

I just tried it.The Oxygen Style is not available with it.Can someone tell me what is wrong with the repository.When I try to fetch the qt-copy pathes it says something like that revision didn't existed.
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madcat87 wrote:
Stefano Crocco wrote:
madcat87 wrote:

I just tried it.The Oxygen Style is not available with it.Can someone tell me what is wrong with the repository.When I try to fetch the qt-copy pathes it says something like that revision didn't existed.

I can use the Oxygen style with Qt (I launched qtconfig and it was there). I don't use qt-copy, though so I can't be more helpful about this subject. However, a couple of days ago I got an error about a nonexisting revision while installing another kde package. The problem went away by itself by retrying a couple of hours later. If it doesn't, you can try removing the corresponding directory in distfiles/svn-src/KDE directory (I'm not sure it helps, but someone else suggested it and it certainly makes sense).
Dagger
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Any luck with updating telepathy-qt and tapioca-qt ebuilds?

Decibel does not compile when telepathy-qt and tapioca-qt are using non kde branch.
loftwyr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phonon-xine, solid and kdemaildir (scms) are all failing due to missing test scripts.

Is there some way to make it so that a missing script doesn't cause a package to fail the checks? Without turning off checks, that is.
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that since at least two or three weeks konqueror ignores the "open popups in new tab instead of in new window" option?
Zwierzak
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the moment I synced portage and now I can't compile the newest version from SVN because of not exiting dependence to networkmanager-0.7:
Code:
# paludis -i1 kde-scm* -p
Building target list...
Building dependency list...
Query error:
  * In program paludis (--show-reasons summary --debug-build none --dl-reinstall-scm weekly) -i1 kde-scm* -p:
  * When building dependency list:
  * When adding NamedSetDepSpec 'kdebase-scm*':
  * When adding PackageDepSpec 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding run dependencies as post dependencies:
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding build dependencies as pre dependencies:
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/ksmserver-scm:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/ksmserver-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=net-misc/networkmanager-0.7':

* No unread news items found
  * No versions of '>=net-misc/networkmanager-0.7' are available.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solid's tests should now pass.

Zwierzak wrote:
By the moment I synced portage and now I can't compile the newest version from SVN because of not exiting dependence to networkmanager-0.7:
Code:
# paludis -i1 kde-scm* -p
Building target list...
Building dependency list...
Query error:
  * In program paludis (--show-reasons summary --debug-build none --dl-reinstall-scm weekly) -i1 kde-scm* -p:
  * When building dependency list:
  * When adding NamedSetDepSpec 'kdebase-scm*':
  * When adding PackageDepSpec 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/kdebase-startkde-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding run dependencies as post dependencies:
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/krunner-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/ksmserver-scm:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/ksmserver-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn':
  * When adding package 'kde-base/solid-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':
  * When adding PackageDepSpec '>=net-misc/networkmanager-0.7':

* No unread news items found
  * No versions of '>=net-misc/networkmanager-0.7' are available.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-5131371.html#5131371
Dagger
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not add NM-07 ebuild?

I've got it working nice, and all kde services play nicely with it (kmail, kopete, etc - they don't ask for wallet password until I connect to network. Solid picks up the network settings and everything works well). The only small problem with nm-0.7 is that nm-plasmoid is not yet finished (although you can always use nm-applet which works like a charm).
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dagger wrote:

Because it is not our stuff, we have no real interest in NM and no real knowledge of it, so coming up with a sane ebuild would take more time than it is worth it.
And we can't (and don't want to) provide support for it.
Dagger
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
Dagger wrote:

Because it is not our stuff, we have no real interest in NM and no real knowledge of it, so coming up with a sane ebuild would take more time than it is worth it.
And we can't (and don't want to) provide support for it.

fair enough i think :)
enzobelmont
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow kde-base SVN downloading... anyone else???
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

131.174.31.25 anonsvn.kde.org

in /etc/hosts.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 19 of 28

Jump to: