No more Gentoo emails, mailing lists, forums all of it. :-(
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalek
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: No more Gentoo emails, mailing lists, forums all of it. :-( Reply with quote

I subscribe to the mailing lists, several of them, and for the past couple weeks have not gotten any emails from anything ending in gentoo.org. In talking to some people, off list, we have found out that gentoo has switche to TLSv1 email. Whatever the heck that is.

I'm posting this here so that I can access and reply easier than I can pn the mailing list and not clutter up the list either, since I can not really reply to well to the list.

Please keep in mind, I may not get a email when someone posts here. I'm just going to check in and see if there are new posts as often as I can.

Info I would like to know, when did gentoo.org switch to TLSv1 messages? If any one knows or can check their headers, it would be nice to narrow this down. I stopped getting messages on the 22nd of last month.

Any help will be appreciated for sure. I'm not the only one having this issue according to off list messages.

Thanks

:D :D :D
Cooler Master HAF-932 Case
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalek,

bugzilla switched at the weekend. I'm not aware of any changes to other mailing lists.

You can follow the lists on gmane while you get your mail sorted out, so you can work out when you started to loose mail.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
dalek
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is a update. I got the email that you posted a reply. Do the email for the forums and the mailing lists come from the same server?

I got a couple replies from AT&T. They are being really helpful with their automated replies so far. I think I'm going to get on the phone and tell them to check their logs or I'm getting another ISP. They are just not real high on my list right now anyway. As bad as I hate AOL, they got to be better than this.

This sucks. :cry: :cry:

:D :D
dalek
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought, is there any way I can find out if my emails are being bounced back to the list server? If they are, it would be nice to have those headers to see how far it is getting. I'm pretty sure it is AT&T but . . . . .

:D :D
hielvc
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalek my notification from the forums has been intermitant for about the last 2 years. The last 6 months or so I get just one notice about a messsage then unless I post again I wont be notified of other postings. I don't have a problem with "bugs". It is on a different ISP, cox where as with the forums I use yahoo.
dalek
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, AT&T is on my hit list now for sure. I just found out that the brand new DSL box is already full and I'm not getting DSL at all. I just wrote the FCC about this little matter too. I been waiting four years for DSL and I'm not happy with AT&T. :twisted: That DirecWay thing is starting to look really good right now. I wish I could start a little business out here and undercut AT&T and take their customers. Heck, I'm disabled and I don't care if it makes any money or not. I'm pissed.

Considering that it appears from other messages I have got that this is most likely a AT&T thing, is there another dial-up I can use other than AT&T? Earthlink any good? AT&T is charging about $23.00 a month for dial-up when DSL is only $19.95. Basically, anything that will work with Linux and is not real expensive.

I think this will fix my email issues too.

Thanks

:( :(
dalek
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was AT&T that was blocking. The turtles finally got around to unblocking my emails the other day.

Still NO DSL tho. :cry:

Thanks

:D :D :D :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: