Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
E17 is coming(part 6) [locked]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makism
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried e17 2-3 months ago and it was just unbearable (crashing).
i emerged it yesterday it`s _really_ neat.

same problem with duckz....

any help would be appreciated.
bugi77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
I've got problem with compiling package evas . The error is 'eina-0 not found ' sth PKG_CONFIG_PATH or EINA_FLAGS setting is supposed , I'm looking forward for this error , setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH but still i have same error I try many solution . Any body know sulution ??

thx
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugi77 wrote:
hi
I've got problem with compiling package evas . The error is 'eina-0 not found ' sth PKG_CONFIG_PATH or EINA_FLAGS setting is supposed , I'm looking forward for this error , setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH but still i have same error I try many solution . Any body know sulution ??

thx

Well, I had problems with PKG_CONFIG_PATH too, and it was /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. Setting this fixed the problem, but I had to recompile einas and eet with the variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH propertly set.
Anyway, I think you should be more specific, for example, posting the output.
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
bugi77 wrote:
hi

thx

Well, I had problems with PKG_CONFIG_PATH too, and it was /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. Setting this fixed the problem, but I had to recompile einas and eet with the variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH propertly set.
Anyway, I think you should be more specific, for example, posting the output.

i got the same issue bugi77 mentioned. einas is no where to be found in portage, even with the enlightenment overlay, yet eet needs it. it's not listed as a dependency in the eet ebuild.

eet fails during configure "checking for EINA...."
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could simply add eina to eet ebuild, and digest the ebuild. Or wait gimpel to update his overlay.

Going by the posts in the dev mailing list, eina may be renamed eventually.
bugi77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppurka wrote:
you could simply add eina to eet ebuild, and digest the ebuild. Or wait gimpel to update his overlay.

I set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and download overlay , compile eina manually but still got the same error.
How to add eina to ebuild ?? or somebody know another solution ?
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugi77 wrote:
ppurka wrote:

I set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and download overlay , compile eina manually but still got the same error.

you need to (based what I have in my enlightenment overlay) to create an eina ebuild, and then add eina to RDEPEND of eet ebuild. then you have to digest the ebuilds.

where did you install eina when you compiled it manually? if you installed it in $HOME then you need to let pkg_config know about this too. if thats the case you could add $HOME/lib/pkgconfig to PKG_CONFIG_PATH, or a number of other things.
bugi77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shickapooka800 wrote:
bugi77 wrote:
ppurka wrote:

you need to (based what I have in my enlightenment overlay) to create an eina ebuild, and then add eina to RDEPEND of eet ebuild. then you have to digest the ebuilds.

where did you install eina when you compiled it manually? if you installed it in $HOME then you need to let pkg_config know about this too. if thats the case you could add $HOME/lib/pkgconfig to PKG_CONFIG_PATH, or a number of other things.

i download eina source to /tmp/* and enter to eina folder ./configure && make install , so I need set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /tmp/eina/ ??
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugi77 wrote:
shickapooka800 wrote:
bugi77 wrote:
ppurka wrote:

i download eina source to /tmp/* and enter to eina folder ./configure && make install , so I need set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /tmp/eina/ ??

no, if you just run configure with no options it defaults to a certain install path. this is usually /usr/local/. double check this, or re-configure with `--prefix=/path/where/you/want/it'

if you do install it in /usr/local, then export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig will probably get you started.
bugi77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig i have eina.pc I set env run evn-update and have the same error... I install eina with svn
cd /root/e17/proto/eina
./configure && make install

and in evas still the same error
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is what I did. it's funny, Im not even a big enlightenment fan, but you got my brain working :)

I made an ebuild for eina (svn). It is ugly, the description isn't complete, and I basically copied the eet ebuild, but it seems to be working (evas just finished compiling).

here is eina-9999.ebuild:
Code:

$> cat /usr/portage/local/layman/enlightenment/dev-libs/eina/eina-9999.ebuild

# Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

inherit enlightenment

DESCRIPTION="Whatever the hell Eina is"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.enlightenment.org/pages/eina.html"

DEPEND="media-libs/jpeg
        sys-libs/zlib"

I also had to add "dev-libs/eina" to the `DEPEND' variable in the file /usr/portage/local/layman/enlightenment/dev-libs/embryo/embryo-9999.ebuild. This is to make sure that eina gets built first, as embryo and evas (and probably everything in e) depends on it.

I then had to go to each ebuild mentioned above's directory and digest them,
Code:

$ cd /usr/portage/local/layman/enlightenment/dev-libs/eiana/
$ ebuild eina-9999.ebuild digest
$ cd ../embryo
$ ebuild embryo-9999.ebuild digest

unmask everything that is needed to build `e' (emerge -pv e), then go for it.

I figure this ugly, half-ass hack is alright considering it is a overlay anyway...
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok job done
@bugi77: the ebuild worked, as I just (30 seconds ago) finished compiling e. let me know if you need to know more about my setup

edit: my god, look what happens to your desktop when you don't normally use desktop icons..... this place is a mess!!! *cleans out ~/Desktop*
bugi77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear shickapooka800 , i make thats way you wrote and still eina wasn't found but I manually compile eina and next evas compile fine .

thx you're great !!
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are the things with ecomorph in this lastest svn version of e17? I'm afraid of touch ecomorph and break everything else XD
Its running smothly here... some few problems like the
- windows menu->more->border does not have the border option. I remember long ago when this happened, but then someone fixed... now its back. more->border menu only displays options about the icon.
- Key Bindings configurations forget some shortcuts when I restart e... fore example "CTRL+Apostrophe" (setted as "Defined Command"). If you go to Key Bindings menu the shortcut is there, but it does not work... you have do do an alteration, the it backs.
(anyway, where should I report those minor bugs when I find some? ><")
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/report/1 :?:
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
how are the things with ecomorph in this lastest svn version of e17? I'm afraid of touch ecomorph and break everything else XD
Its running smothly here... some few problems like the
- windows menu->more->border does not have the border option. I remember long ago when this happened, but then someone fixed... now its back. more->border menu only displays options about the icon.
- Key Bindings configurations forget some shortcuts when I restart e... fore example "CTRL+Apostrophe" (setted as "Defined Command"). If you go to Key Bindings menu the shortcut is there, but it does not work... you have do do an alteration, the it backs.

as soon as I find out what ecomorph is, I will let you know....

edit: ecomorph is not in the enlightenment svn server.... where do you get ecomorph?
0n0w1c
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
edit: ecomorph is not in the enlightenment svn server.... where do you get ecomorph?

You can find out more here: http://code.google.com/p/itask-module/wiki/Stuff

Search youtube.com and you will see it in action. Unfortunately, I believe it is now unsupported. :(
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0n0w1c wrote:
Quote:

You can find out more here: http://code.google.com/p/itask-module/wiki/Stuff

Search youtube.com and you will see it in action. Unfortunately, I believe it is now unsupported. :(

ya.... ive got alot more higher priority stuff than that. I'm not a big fan of this kind of thing anyway. as a matter of fact, I give enlightenment 2 more days before I unmerge it all. it works well though, and there are alot more themes than last time I tried e-17 out.
bugi77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try emerge e I have error "syntax error near unexptected token 'C' , segmentation fault (default.edj) What solve this problem ?? I sync enligthenment
shickapooka800
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugi77 wrote:
When I try emerge e I have error "syntax error near unexptected token 'C' , segmentation fault (default.edj) What solve this problem ?? I sync enligthenment

please give me some more information and I will try to help. How about a more detailed build error.

ok I confess, I am liking the way enlightenment works. It behaves perfectly. now, if I could just get rid of some of the flashy bits I would be happy. Also, what tools to people use to make themes?

edit: nevermind, they are archives with scripts and images in theme. i've got it now.
dcreatorx
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: E17 status Reply with quote

Hello, I want to know what is the status of the E17 environment and if there is a clean way to install it and update it.
I followed the instructions on the wiki and I get the following error when emerging :

ERROR: dev-libs/eet-9999 failed.
Call stack:

ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
environment, line 2612: Called enlightenment_Src_compile
environment, line 1460: Called econf
ebuild.sh, line 519: Called die

die "econf failed"

Thanks.

A note: I don't have any USE flag declared in make.conf.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merged above post here

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: E17 status Reply with quote

dcreatorx wrote:
Hello, I want to know what is the status of the E17 environment and if there is a clean way to install it and update it.

E17 is at development release, and as long as I know, it will be like this forever. Anyway, I use it as my main window manager and still working perfectly.
The guys here usually advice people to use the portage version, but there are another ways, like the easy_e17.sh script or even the manual svn installation.

dcreatorx wrote:
I followed the instructions on the wiki and I get the following error when emerging :

ERROR: dev-libs/eet-9999 failed.
Call stack:

ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
environment, line 2612: Called enlightenment_Src_compile
environment, line 1460: Called econf
ebuild.sh, line 519: Called die

die "econf failed"

Thanks.

A note: I don't have any USE flag declared in make.conf.

Can you post the topmost build error? This piece of output does not tell us enough
dcreatorx
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

Hi, I just compiled E17 with the script. Everything seems to be ok but there is a little problem. I cant log in e17. I just installed gentoo again yesterday after kicking out ubuntu hardy from my hard disk. Maybe I missed something related to users when installing ?

Thanks !

P.D : I cant login with root / root pass. EDIT: Ok, after moving the contents in /opt/path to enlightenment/pam.d to /etc/pam.d/ it logs in but then i.ve got the crash that tells e17 has a bug on its libraries so it can,t not run and recover or quit.

do you kow why ? what more should i move to get it working ?
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know:

1. what this theme is?
2. what's the clock app?
3. how the transparencies are done?

http://tinyurl.com/6ng2dy

I emailed the guy that posted it but never heard back.

I haven't updated my e17 install because I'm using ecomorph so is this some experimental theme/transparency for a more current e17?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 6 of 30

Jump to: