Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
E17 is coming(part 6) [locked]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahulthewall
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taipan67 wrote:
rahulthewall wrote:
Some errors from the gentoo overlay - where should I report them?

Code:

* ERROR: sci-calculators/equate-9999 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2740:  Called enlightenment_src_compile
 *             environment, line 1532:  Called econf
 *               ebuild.sh, line  539:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              die "no configure script found"
 *  The die message:
 *   no configure script found
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sci-calculators/equate-9999/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sci-calculators/equate-9999/temp/environment'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay named 'enlightenment': '/usr/local/portage/layman/enlightenment/'

That's the error-message output from 'emerge' itself - look through the listed build-log for the actual compilation error.

"no configure script found" part is the real error as well - you can see that from build.log - that is why I did not post it.
Code:

>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sci-calculators/equate-9999/work
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/sci-calculators/equate-9999/work/equate ...
grep: ./configure.in: No such file or directory
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

Quote:

Quote:
Code:
rahul@googly ~ $ emerge -pv exhibit

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-libs/engrave".
(dependency required by "media-gfx/exhibit-9999" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "exhibit" [argument])

Exhibit only needs engrave to allow it to optionally set images as wallpaper - if you remove 'dev-libs/engrave' from the dependency-list in the ebuild, it will build okay, just without this extra feature (it should probably be conditional on a USE-flag - assuming there was an ebuild for it in the first place... :lol: ).

Will just modify the ebuild then ... strange though.
Where should we submit errors for the overlay ?
taipan67
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rahulthewall wrote:
taipan67 wrote:
Code:
 * ERROR: sci-calculators/equate-9999 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2740:  Called enlightenment_src_compile
 *             environment, line 1532:  Called econf
 *               ebuild.sh, line  539:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              die "no configure script found"
 *  The die message:
 *   no configure script found
That's the error-message output from 'emerge' itself - look through the listed build-log for the actual compilation error.

"no configure script found" part is the real error as well - you can see that from build.log - that is why I did not post it.
Code:

>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sci-calculators/equate-9999/work
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/sci-calculators/equate-9999/work/equate ...
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

Ah, yeah, my mistake - i see that now. From the online view of the svn-source, it looks like they haven't updated autogen.sh in line with the update of configure.in to configure.ac - dunno how nobody's noticed that before? I guess the e-dev's need to be told through their ticket-system that ppurka posted a link to a few days ago...

Quote:
Quote:
Exhibit only needs engrave to allow it to optionally set images as wallpaper - if you remove 'dev-libs/engrave' from the dependency-list in the ebuild, it will build okay, just without this extra feature (it should probably be conditional on a USE-flag - assuming there was an ebuild for it in the first place... :lol: ).

Will just modify the ebuild then ... strange though.

You'll need to 'digest' the ebuild after modifying it - i forgot to mention that. Alternatively, you could write an ebuild for 'engrave' if you'd like the missing feature to be available to 'exhibit' - i didn't bother because it looks like an old, unmaintained package. 8O

Quote:
Where should we submit errors for the overlay ?

If it was me, i think i'd email vapier at enlightenment@gentoo.org - that's what's listed in the metadata.xml files in the overlay as the maintainer's details... :?
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rahulthewall wrote:
Are there any simple ways in which I can begin contributing to the project with respect to Gentoo or in general. I think I want to get involved with this.
If you are interested in the overlay itself, there are instructions at http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/vapier/wiki/enlightenment#HelpingOut. If you are interested in working on Gentoo in general, starting with filing and fixing bugs is the generally recommended approach. If upstream is more interesting to you, asking them would probably be the simplest approach.
rahulthewall
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I hope to get involved soon. :)

And another problem that I have noticed - was wondering if any of you guys was experiencing the same problem. Scrolling on firefox (with or without compositing) is terrible - the fonts get jumpled up if I scroll too fast which requires me to reload the page. Also, firefox feels really slow and cumbersome. Comapre this to arora which runs smooth as silk.
Anyone experiencing the same problems with firefox - I do not even use that many extensions - just a couple actually.
EasterParade
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now e17 is wm of my second user. At first I had to import themes. Then I` ve chosen gant and for two other desktops gentoo and lady_bug. It worked but then of course I played around with modules, like itask-ng and bling and compositing - which does not work as expected. I had to delete .e directory to get e started again because it segfaulted. Itask only workes with black and white.
I unloaded those modules and stopped compositing but as of yet I haven` t succeded in getting the above constellation back again as e segfaults again when I do it. Meaning e doesn` t allow to have two desktops with gant and the other with another theme - it worked once...

E anyway segfaults from time to time for no apparent reason.

Usb external drives are accessable and it all looks nice in general but I think there is still much to be done. A pity that I can` t code :(

What hidden config files left over from former configs influence a new config? Can I manually edit .edf files and if how. (I suppose not).

I see that compositing fails as of yet. I` ll not try that again and and don` t want to touch the ebuild on overlay manually.

I` ll work myself through this thread again.
taipan67
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@transsib, the first section of this page explains how to hack into your cfg-files using 'eet' - i hadn't seen it until your post prompted me to find the answer for my own benefit, so thanks for that. :wink:

The idea of making a backup-copy of your profile-directory sounds very useful to me. In that way, you could save a working setup with (if you usually use the 'standard' profile):-
Code:
cp -r .e/e/config/{standard,backup}

...then if you break one, you can still log into the other with:-
Code:
startx /usr/bin/enlightenment_start -profile backup

...or if you use 'entrance' or 'gdm', create a new 'xsession-file' that passes the '-profile' option to 'enlightenment_start'. 8)

Carrying on from there, decrypting both the broken and working configs, and diffing them against each-other might highlight the cause of the breakage. It's not easy to diagnose these segfaults at the best of times - i've not been playing with e17 for very long, and fortunately the only time i've been bitten was when i switched the rendering-engine from 'software-x11' to 'xrender', so that was fairly straightforward. :roll:

On the compositing subject, 'ecomorph' is working fine for me at the moment. The trick seems to be in editing the 'enlightenment_start.sh' script to suit your hardware, thus bypassing the 'ecomorph.sh' script that's supposed to auto-detect and configure things (but doesn't - at least not for me). There's some other discussion of the subject in this thread.

Hope you find something of use in that little lot! :twisted:
EasterParade
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taipan67 wrote
Quote:
Hope you find something of use in that little lot! :twisted:

Oh excellent, taipan! There are so many useful tips you` ve given here; don`t know where to start. I look forward to trying that. Many, many thanks :D

I knew about eet but I will first have to learn its proper usage. E17 is fun to play with and I don` t regret the move from e16 to e17 despite those segfaults. Gant or Larry are cute and decorative and e is loading fast.
In fact those segfaults are not amusing but not overly medelsom either as I can always drop out of X, track down the reason and try a solution. Sometimes the console gives a hint to the issue. One such comment on the console said: naughty programmer Spank spank spank :o :D Never saw anything like that before on the console.

The backup of .e/ is a damn good idea - why haven` t I come up with it in the first place :? Slightly panicky I regret to admit.

About ecomorph; I can activate it somwhere in the settings ( don` t remember now where exactly ) but I don` t know whether Vapier has already integrated it in his overlay or whether you just have to download it ( I have it lying around /home here including the ebuilds ). It refers to a enlightenment-9999-r1 revision, which doesn` t seem to reside in overlay; or is the r1 just a naming policy ?
Anyway - right now I` m happy with a working e17 desktop and will play around with that before I start working on compositing.
taipan67
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

transsib wrote:
...About ecomorph; I can activate it somwhere in the settings ( don` t remember now where exactly ) but I don` t know whether Vapier has already integrated it in his overlay or whether you just have to download it ( I have it lying around /home here including the ebuilds ). It refers to a enlightenment-9999-r1 revision, which doesn` t seem to reside in overlay; or is the r1 just a naming policy?

I think there's a separate overlay for 'ecomorph' (or maybe 'ecomp'), for which there'll no doubt be guidance in this thread (which i haven't read from start to finish) - there are ebuilds written by ppurka linked in this post, which you can untar and put in a local-overlay - there's an 'enlightenment-9999-r1' ebuild included which installs the modified version that supports 'ecomp'. :wink:
EasterParade
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taipan67 wrote
Quote:
there are ebuilds written by ppurka linked in this post, which you can untar and put in a local-overlay - there's an 'enlightenment-9999-r1' ebuild included which installs the modified version that supports 'ecomp'. :wink:

Looks like ecomorph is a part of ecomp.
Those links lead to the stuff that I` ve mentioned as lying around in my home folder waiting to be dealt with :wink: .
I would have to copy the ebuild into /usr/local/portage/layman/enlightenment/ and ebuild digest it to fix the digest mismatch.

Then I have the source jeffdameth-ecomorph-e17-(long number).tar.gz from github.com that I should most likely copy into /usr/portage/distfiles ( ? ) - but you see that I should wait a while before I perform this as I am pretty new to doing things to portage myself :roll: without risk of breaking portage. I` d first make sure I understand all this or things get broken.

At the moment composite is working well here as it seems because I haven` t had a segfault yet since reactivating it with xrender after backing up profile without compositing activated. The windows are blending nicely, transparency even looks better than on kde-3.5.10 on my first user-account .

Thanks again - much work is lying ahead now.
taipan67
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transsib wrote:
...Those links lead to the stuff that I` ve mentioned as lying around in my home folder waiting to be dealt with :wink: .
I would have to copy the ebuild into /usr/local/portage/layman/enlightenment/ and ebuild digest it to fix the digest mismatch.

If you put them in with the 'enlightenment' overlay that's managed by 'layman', they'll get removed if and when you use 'layman' to update the rest of the tree. The better option would be to create your own, unique overlay-tree separate from layman/, and define it in /etc/make.conf with the 'PORTDIR_OVERLAY' variable. As an example, in my case i call my self-maintained overlay "xion", which matches the machine's hostname (don't ask me why it's called that). So first i did (as root):-
Code:
mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/xion/profiles
echo "xion" > /usr/local/portage/xion/profiles/repo_name

...I'm not certain that second bit's totally necessary, but it's a habit i picked up using 'paludis', so i'll stick with it. :?

If you then untar ppurka's 'ecomorph' tarball inside the new overlay-directory (the top-level, not 'profiles'), it'll create the correct tree, and will already contain manifests - so no digesting required (unless you edit anything).

Lastly, you add your overlay-definition to /etc/make.conf before it sources layman's own make.conf:-
Code:
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/xion"
source /usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf

Quote:
...Then I have the source jeffdameth-ecomorph-e17-(long number).tar.gz from github.com that I should most likely copy into /usr/portage/distfiles ( ? ) - but you see that I should wait a while before I perform this as I am pretty new to doing things to portage myself :roll: without risk of breaking portage. I` d first make sure I understand all this or things get broken...

You're unlikely to break 'portage', but you'll probably break the newly overlayed ebuilds! :twisted:

In the case of 'ecomorph', portage will download and then update a local copy of the git source-tree in $DISTDIR/git-src (imaginatively) - so you'll need dev-util/git installed. If you just untar a snapshot of the code into the right location, there's every likelihood that it won't include all the revision-details that 'git' needs to keep things in sync. 8O

Hope that helps - sometimes things that sound like they make sense in my head don't translate well on an international forum. Oh yeah, and to everyone else, if i've made any mistakes that need correcting, please do so, as much for my benefit as for anyone else's. :oops:
EasterParade
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you taipan67, this made perfect sense even to me :wink: and confinces me of letting the project rest for now.
I don` t trust myself on that. You cannot just manipulate layman of course, you have to create your own overlay and I consider myself as too inexperienced to do any such thing.
There are so many other things to do and discover like a broken module.so with the help of revdep-rebuild and error 11 after having added xterm to autostart and and... I have enough to do without creating a local personal overlay just for getting wobbly windows when even compositing doesn` t run stable when activated - yes, I gloated too early: e is still not stable with composite enabled. Doing so rewards me with a message that my screen doesn` t support it. If I enable it regardless of this warning e freezes sooner than later, sometimes later, sometimes sooner.

Nonetheless I am grateful for the information you` ve given to me. :)

EDIT while I am at it:
while compiling emotion ewl and equate I get this:
Code:
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libemotion.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libepsilon.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libefreet.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libefreet_mime.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libedje.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libecore_imf_evas.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libembryo.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libecore_job.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libeet.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libecore_imf.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libgnutls.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libecore_txt.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libecore_file.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libcurl.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libecore.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libevas.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/libeina.la' seems to be moved

Would it make sense to run another revdep-rebuild? I don` t think that the above is sound and healthy :x

Code:
 # emerge --info
Portage 2.1.6.11 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0, gcc-4.3.2, glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1, 2.6.28-gentoo-r4 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.28-gentoo-r4-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Duo_CPU_E6750_@_2.66GHz-with-glibc2.2.5
Timestamp of tree: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:45:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p39
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7-r1, 2.1.7
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r13, 2.5.4-r2
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7
dev-util/cmake:      2.6.2-r1
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.4.3-r2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.6-r2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.63
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.6a
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.29
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/config /var/lib/hsqldb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/language.dat.d /etc/texmf/language.def.d /etc/texmf/updmap.d /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="ccache distlocks fixpackages parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/linux/gentoo/                 ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/gentoo/                 ftp://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/gentoo-mirror/"
LANG="de_DE.utf8"
LC_ALL="de_DE.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="de"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/enlightenment /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="GNU X a52 aac aalib abiword acl acpi alsa amazon amd64 apache2 avi bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts bluetooth bzip2 cjk cli cracklib crypt ctype cups directfb dlloader dri dts dv dvb dvd dvdr dvdread fbcon ffmpeg firefox flac foomatic fortran gdbm gif glibc glitz gnome gphoto2 gpm gtk gtk2 hal iconv imagemagick imlib imlib2 ipv6 irmc isdnlog java jpeg kde lcms libwww lirc lm_sensors mad midi mikmod mmx modplug mp2 mp3 mpeg mudflap mule multilib musepack mysql ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ogg opengl openmp oss pam pcre pdf perl php png povray ppds pppd python qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime readline reflection scanner sdl session slang snmp spl sse sse2 ssl svg sysfs tcpd theora tiff truetype truetype-fonts tslib type1-fonts unicode usb utils v4l vorbis wma wmf x264 xcb xml xorg xulrunner xv xvid xvmc zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_default  authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex  cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter  headers ident imagemap include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation  proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite setenvif so speling status  unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="de" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

EasterParade
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for answering myself but a second editorial to my last posting seemed undecorative.
Besides I am certain the aforementioned question in EDIT must have been answered somewhere else in a different context.
Found this http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/libtool-error-347347/ about libtool; seems to be
some kind of caprice . I would certainly have dug up threads on this forum about it as well.
I am getting paranoid :?
undrwater
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: ebuild not working? Reply with quote

I've been trying to get enlightenment working on two systems (~x86), but run into the same problem for both.

I've followed the directions here, but I get the following:

Code:

Apollo sets # emerge -pv x11-wm/enlightenment

[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/libid3tag-0.15.1b-r2  USE="-debug" 331 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/imlib2-1.4.2-r1  USE="X bzip2 gif jpeg mmx mp3 nls png tiff zlib -doc" 911 kB
[ebuild  N    ] x11-wm/enlightenment-0.16.9999  USE="dbus nls xcomposite -doc -esd -xinerama -xrandr" 0 kB

Total: 3 packages (3 new), Size of downloads: 1,242 kB
Apollo sets # emerge -pv =x11-wm/enlightenment-9999

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "=x11-wm/enlightenment-9999".

For sets I tried:
Code:

Apollo sets # emerge -av @enlightenment-live
!!! '@enlightenment-live' is not a valid package atom.
!!! Please check ebuild(5) for full details.

I have:
Code:

PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"

in /etc/make.conf
Quote:

Portage 2.1.6.13 (default/linux/x86/2008.0, gcc-4.3.3, glibc-2.10.1-r0, 2.6.28-gentoo-r3 i686)

I'm feeling like I'm missing something simple.
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: ebuild not working? Reply with quote

undrwater wrote:
I've been trying to get enlightenment working on two systems (~x86), but run into the same problem for both.
I'm feeling like I'm missing something simple.
Did you set up layman properly? http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Overlays#Layman
hoacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: ebuild not working? Reply with quote

undrwater wrote:

Code:

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "=x11-wm/enlightenment-9999".

Yes, most likely portage does not recognize the enlightenment overlay. You can use equery to check this:
Code:
# equery list -o enlightenment

The output should be something like this:
Code:

[ Searching for package 'enlightenment' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] x11-wm/enlightenment-9999 (0.17)
 * overlay tree (/usr/portage/local/layman/enlightenment /usr/local/portage)
[--O] [M~] x11-wm/enlightenment-0.16.999.050 (0.17)
[--O] [  ] x11-wm/enlightenment-9999 (0.17)

undrwater wrote:

For sets I tried:
Code:

Apollo sets # emerge -av @enlightenment-live
!!! '@enlightenment-live' is not a valid package atom.
!!! Please check ebuild(5) for full details.

Quote:

Portage 2.1.6.13 (default/linux/x86/2008.0, gcc-4.3.3, glibc-2.10.1-r0, 2.6.28-gentoo-r3 i686)

Sets are not supported by portage 2.1, you have to update to 2.2 to use sets.
undrwater
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made sure I was setup with layman via the wiki. Everything seems in order.

Output of equery list -o enlightenment:
Code:

* Searching for enlightenment ...
 * overlay tree (/usr/local/portage):

So it appears portage is not reconizing the overlay.

Code:

Apollo profiles # layman -l
* enlightenment             [Subversion] (svn://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/vapier/enlightenment                                        )
* kde                       [Git       ] (git://www2.mailstation.de/git/genkde4svn.git                     

I've updated to portage 2.2, but the first ebuild in the set is not found.

Here's my /etc/make.conf
Code:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
MAKEOPTS="-j1"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
USE="X -slang gif sdl -berkdb xvmc spell dvdr oscar cups msn yahoo webkit mysql mpeg mp3 ogg avahi png a52 vidix xvid theora tiff aac xml irda cairo bluetooth jpeg firefox xscreensaver xcomposite dbus pcmcia acpi dvd emerald divx -oss dvdread gmedia wmp ldap bitmap-fonts truetype-fonts type1-fonts quicktime nsplugin realmedia accessibility glitz svg pdf yahoo netmeeting svga pic mplayer xcomposite realfbcon directfb mmx2 sse gimpprint browserplugin hal nptl unicode divx4linux win32codecs nptlonly opie gtk gtk2 qt -qt3 qt4 pda kde4 -arts java ooo-kde freetts scanner x86 3dnow cdr cdrgphoto2 joystick mmx opengl samba truetype usb foomaticdb pam -gnome alsa v4l v4l2"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia vesa nv v4l fbdev"
INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
LINGUAS="en en_US"
SOURCE="/usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf"

Any other ideas?
hoacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undrwater wrote:

Code:

SOURCE="/usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf"

reads
Code:
source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf

in my make.conf.
undrwater
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it both ways. :lol: Since it looked different from all of the other entries in the file.

I just changed
Code:

to
Code:

PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/enlightenment"

and that seems to work. Does that mean I'll need an entry for each overlay I add? I don't remember it working that way, but I could be mistaken.
hoacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

undrwater wrote:

Code:

PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/enlightenment"

and that seems to work. Does that mean I'll need an entry for each overlay I add? I don't remember it working that way, but I could be mistaken.

No, layman manages all the layman overlays. That why you need the source statement in make.conf which includes a file that contains all the layman overlays:
Code:

PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/"
source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf

The first line is your local overlay (if you have one) and the second line reads the mentioned file which contains something like this:
Code:
cat /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="
/usr/portage/local/layman/enlightenment
$PORTDIR_OVERLAY
"
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

undrwater wrote:
I've tried it both ways. :lol:
Like I mentioned, you didn't set up layman properly. You must read that link I gave earlier very carefully. The source .... line must come *after* any PORTDIR_OVERLAY variable definition in /etc/make.conf. The alternative is to define your PORTDIR_OVERLAY as mentioned in this link:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Overlays#Local_overlays_in_portage
undrwater
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I had it after...but I think I ran into the problem mentioned on the wiki...included the source line before emerging anything from an overlay.

Anyway...everything is working now...thanks for the help!
EasterParade
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get bling running now. E17 does not complain of the screen not being able to
enable compositing.
The reason is simple : when I set up xorg-server-1.5.3, I took the xorg.conf.example to
make a new start because the old one was chaos. I left Option Composite Enabled out
because I thought this would be built in nvidia-drivers, as well as glx etc.
But e17 seemingly needs this option and a couple more passed to X to allow
compositing. :oops:

Obviously I must have lost an option in the settings engine after recompiling e17 twice:
ecomorph; I haven` t dreamt that up; it was there. Now it is gone.

No matter - things develop as they should. :)
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transsib wrote:
Managed to get bling running now. E17 does not complain of the screen not being able to
enable compositing.
The reason is simple : when I set up xorg-server-1.5.3, I took the xorg.conf.example to
make a new start because the old one was chaos. I left Option Composite Enabled out

because I thought this would be built in nvidia-drivers, as well as glx etc.
But e17 seemingly needs this option and a couple more passed to X to allow
compositing. :oops:

Obviously I must have lost an option in the settings engine after recompiling e17 twice:
ecomorph; I haven` t dreamt that up; it was there. Now it is gone.

No matter - things develop as they should. :)
That is strange. Composite extension should be automatically enabled in the new xorgs. For example this is what message I get in my /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
Code:
(II) NVIDIA(0): Support for GLX with the Damage and Composite X extensions is
(II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
and this is my xorg.conf:
Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Device0"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    Option      "DPI"           "100x100"
    VendorName  "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

hoacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a blocker concerning app-text/epdf:
Code:
[ebuild  N    ] app-text/epdf-9999  USE="nls -doc"
[ebuild  N    ]  app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1  USE="-doc"
[blocks B     ] dev-libs/poppler-glib ("dev-libs/poppler-glib" is blocking app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1)
[blocks B     ] app-text/poppler-utils ("app-text/poppler-utils" is blocking app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1)
[blocks B     ] dev-libs/poppler-qt3 ("dev-libs/poppler-qt3" is blocking app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1)
[blocks B     ] dev-libs/poppler ("dev-libs/poppler" is blocking app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1)
[blocks B     ] app-text/poppler ("app-text/poppler" is blocking dev-libs/poppler-glib-0.10.7, dev-libs/poppler-0.10.7, dev-libs/poppler-qt3-0.10.7, app-text/poppler-utils-0.10.7)

[...]

Shouldn't epdf depend on virtual/poppler instead of app-text/poppler?
taipan67
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoacker wrote:
...Shouldn't epdf depend on virtual/poppler instead of app-text/poppler?

I thought much the same, so i edited the ebuild to depend on >=dev-libs/poppler-0.10 instead of the earlier app-text versions. It emerged just fine, but it's practically useless as an application - you get 3 different executables, one per widget-set, and none of them are much more than a 'proof-of-concept' at this point... :(

...If you want to help develop it, go for it - otherwise, use epdfview or something even bigger and heavier on the dependencies. :roll:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 12 of 30

Jump to: