View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iggames
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: "screenshot" of screen session? Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to make a script that takes a "snapshot" of my current rtorrent session (which runs in screen) and prints it to the stdout. Ideally, there would be some flag I ran screen with that would attach the session, print to the terminal, and detach. However, I've looked at the man page and searched some online, and haven't been able to find anything like this.

Does anyone know, or at least have any ideas on, how to accomplish something like this?

Thanks,
Jeremy
widremann
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen has a pipe and there is also a pseudo-terminal device for each "window" in screen. Unfortunately, I can't seem to write a program or shell script that can effectively access the data traveling along these pseudo-files. I don't know enough terminal magic to do better, but I'm sure there's some sneaky way. Probably involves some ioctl()'s. I read the tty_ioctl man page, but I don't really want to spend all morning playing with dangerous things like ioctl()'s.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: