View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
echalon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Xephyr and evdev Reply with quote

I"m trying to get Xephyr to grab input from a specific keyboard/mouse so that even while I'm working in the parent X11 server (i.e. the keyboard/mouse focus is not on the Xephyr window), using that keyboard/mouse will control the Xephyr session. In other words, simultaneous use of Xephyr and the parent server with separate input devices. I've been looking at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Multiterminal_with_Xephyr, and downloaded the modified version of Xephyr linked there. However, when I try to run this modified Xephyr with the -use-evdev option, suddenly I can't control the cursor at all. Here's the command I've been using:
Code:
Xephyr-modified :1 -mouse /dev/input/event5 -use-evdev
I cycled through a lot of different eventX's, so I doubt I'm just missing the right one. If I don't use the -use-evdev option, then the window uses the host cursor/keyboard with no problem, but that doesn't allow simultaneous use of applications in Xephyr and the parent.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: