swfdec wont show video on youtube anymore
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: swfdec wont show video on youtube anymore Reply with quote

I'm using the latest swfdec ans ffmpeg, I cant seems to remember what, but youtube videos dont display images anymore, it shows that the clip is playing but not image, anyone?
Sadako
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With swfdec-0.6.6-r1.ebuild, you need gstreamer support in order to play such videos (read my rant about it here).

"Direct" support for ffmpeg is going to be completely removed from swfdec, which just sucks.

:(

At least you can stick with swfdec-0.6.6.ebuild for ffmpeg support for the moment, the only difference between that and the -r1 bump is the removal of direct ffmpeg and mad support.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopeless wrote:
With swfdec-0.6.6-r1.ebuild, you need gstreamer support in order to play such videos (read my rant about it here).

"Direct" support for ffmpeg is going to be completely removed from swfdec, which just sucks.

At least you can stick with swfdec-0.6.6.ebuild for ffmpeg support for the moment, the only difference between that and the -r1 bump is the removal of direct ffmpeg and mad support.

why is that? is that an swfdec issue or gentoo dependency issue?

if I decide to use gstreamer, what parts of it do I need to install inorder for this to work?
Sadako
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
Hopeless wrote:

why is that? is that an swfdec issue or gentoo dependency issue?

if I decide to use gstreamer, what parts of it do I need to install inorder for this to work?
It's an upstream decision, they want to solely support gstreamer.

Just enable the gstreamer USE flag and leave the ffmpeg USE flag active, then re-emerging swfdec should pull in the dependencies you need, although you should run `emerge -puN swfdec` first to see if there are any other USE flags you should enable for the gstreamer ebuilds.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll go nspluginwrapper for awhile till gnash will be unmasked. I have no desire to install gstreamer for now, thanks.
Sadako
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
I think I'll go nspluginwrapper for awhile till gnash will be unmasked. I have no desire to install gstreamer for now, thanks.
I feel the same, but for the moment I'm sticking with swfdec-0.6.6.ebuild and hoping the devs change their minds.

I will not be installing gstreamer.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopeless wrote:
DaggyStyle wrote:
I feel the same, but for the moment I'm sticking with swfdec-0.6.6.ebuild and hoping the devs change their minds.

what version of ffmpeg you have?
Sadako
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
Hopeless wrote:
DaggyStyle wrote:

what version of ffmpeg you have?
I'm sticking with 0.4.9_p20070616-r2 at the moment, I know quite a few packages have issue with the latest versions (although AFAIK swfdec isn't one of them).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: