default application? [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infernus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: default application? [SOLVED] Reply with quote

*EDIT2*
I actually figured the whole thing out this time. I installed gentoo on a new laptop I bought recently, and deluge would try to open links to visit websites for search. I knew it was entirely separate from KDE because on this laptop I didn't need Ktorrent so I didn't need KDE at all. I did a little searching and found the BROWSER environment variable on a gentoo doc page. I set $BROWSER to /usr/bin/firefox and that fixed it for good. So anybody who has default browser problems set default browser in gnome/kde first, then make sure $BROWSER is set as well (some apps depend on it). Hope that helps someone else..

Code:
$ echo "export BROWSER=\"/usr/bin/firefox\"" >> ~/.bash_profile

^^^^ that should do it..

*EDIT*

I went into kcontrol and changed the default browser to firefox and that fixed it. So, now my question is.. Deluge is a KDE app? Why does it matter what settings KDE has for deluge?

Quote:

Hey guys,
I just started using deluge the other day (trying to find a non-KDE that has the same features as KTorrent). So far it's working pretty nicely. For some reason, when I type in a search, it opens Konqueror. I use gnome so I'm not really sure why it would do that.. Anyone know how to change the default browser it tries to use for searching? Thank you in advance.

Linux latitude 2.6.25-hardened-r4 #1 SMP Sat Aug 23 15:23:14 EDT 2008 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
infernus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or... to do it system-wide you can do this (as root):

Code:
# echo "export BROWSER=\"/usr/bin/firefox\"" >> /etc/profile

That's what I did because I am the only user on this machine.

Linux latitude 2.6.25-hardened-r4 #1 SMP Sat Aug 23 15:23:14 EDT 2008 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: