View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishB8
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: [Solved] Firefox 3 crash - is it a bug? Reply with quote

I am having a problem with Firefox 3 crashing. I did a backtrace and the segfault is taking place with libpixman. However I'm not sure if this is an actual bug, or perhaps something to do with my system.

I found a way to reliably reproduce it. If some people could do the following I'll be able to know if this is an actual bug or not. My packages are pretty up-to-date.

1) Install the Mostly Crystal theme for firefox (I doesn't do it reliably with the default theme) http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla/
2) With the theme active, open Firefox
3) Press Alt-T to create a second tab
4) Try to drag one of the tabs to change the tab order
5) Firefox immediately crashes here for me, backtrace to pixman_fill in /usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0

Thanks

*edit* forgot to mention my build options for firefox: USE="dbus gnome ipv6 mozdevelop xulrunner -bindist -iceweasel -java -restrict-javascript -startup-notification"
"...as we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously." -Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by FishB8 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
smerf
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot reproduce this error with:

www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0-r1 USE="dbus ipv6 java linguas_pl mozdevelop startup-notification xulrunner"

(I'm not using gnome integration)

Maybe this is a problem with theme itself in certain configurations (I have x11-libs/pixman-0.10.0)?
FishB8
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks smerf. Believe it or not, your post actually helped solve my problem. When you said you had pixman-0.10.0 installed, I realized that I hadn't bothered to do an equery to see which package it came from. I had just assumed that it came from the libpixman ebuild rather than the pixman ebuild.

I had already tried rebuilding libpixman before I posted to be sure it wasn't my build options. Obviously it had no effect. But when I rebuilt pixman with -ftree-vectorize turned off it fixed my problem.

Thanks.
"...as we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously." -Benjamin Franklin
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please file a bug report describing the problem and requesting that the flag be filtered out in the ebuild. Doing so, while retaining the current general structure of the ebuild, would require modifying x-modular.eclass to allow for it to filter CFLAGS.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: