Catalyst can't install sun-jdk [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin_brody
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Catalyst can't install sun-jdk [solved] Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm trying to build a livecd-stage1 and am having what sems to be a strange error with catalyst.
When it comes time to emerge sun-jdk; I get the following:
Code:

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07 to /
 * jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                          [ ok ]
 * jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-amd64.bin RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                         [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * checking jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin ;-) ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 * checking jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-amd64.bin ;-) ...                                                                        [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
usage: jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin [--accept-license] [--unpack]
    --accept-license  signifies you accept the license terms for installing
                      this software.
    --unpack  unpack JAR files compressed with Pack200
 * ERROR: dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_unpack
 *             environment, line 2665:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       sh "${DISTDIR}"/${A} --accept-license --unpack || die "Failed to unpack"
 *  The die message:
 *   Failed to unpack
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/temp/environment'.

* Messages for package dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07:

* Call stack:
 *       sh "${DISTDIR}"/${A} --accept-license --unpack || die "Failed to unpack"
 *  The die message:
 *   Failed to unpack
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/temp/environment'.

I get the same error if I try ebuild ... unpack. Things are O.K. outside of the chroot environment.

Here's some info about how I'm doing things.

1. I do have a "handrolled' stage3.

2. Running catalyst staright on the livecd-stage1.spec results in a circular dependency between gamin and glib. So I "pause" the process, chroot into
the appropriate place, run
Code:

USE="-fam" emerge glib

Then just "emerge glib".

3. Here's my spec file:
Quote:

# livecd-stage1 example specfile
# used to build a livecd-stage1

# The subarch can be any of the supported catalyst subarches (like athlon-xp).
# Refer to the catalyst reference manual for suppurted subarches.
# http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/
# example:
# subarch: athlon-xp
subarch: x86

# The version stamp is an identifier for the build. It can be anything you wish
# it to be, but it is usually a date.
# example:
# version_stamp: 2006.1
version_stamp: 2008.1

# The target specifies what target we want catalyst to do. For building a CD,
# we start with livecd-stage1 as our target.
# example:
# target: livecd-stage1
target: livecd-stage1
# The rel_type defines what kind of build we are doing. This is merely another
# identifier, but it useful for allowing multiple concurrent builds. Usually,
# default will suffice.
# example:
# rel_type: default
rel_type:default

# This is the system profile to be used by catalyst to build this target. It is
# specified as a relative path from /usr/portage/profiles.
# example:
# profile: default-linux/x86/2006.1
# profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0
profile: default-linux/x86/2007.0

# This specifies which snapshot to use for building this target.
# example:
# snapshot: 2006.1
snapshot:snapshot_usb

# This specifies where the seed stage comes from for this target, The path is
# relative to $clst_sharedir/builds. The rel_type is also used as a path prefix
# for the seed.
# example:
# default/stage3-x86-2006.1
source_subpath:default/stage3-x86-2008.1

# These are the hosts used as distcc slaves when distcc is enabled in your
# catalyst.conf. It follows the same syntax as distcc-config --set-hosts and
# is entirely optional.
# example:
# distcc_hosts: 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1
distcc_hosts:

# This is an optional directory containing portage configuration files. It
# follows the same syntax as /etc/portage and should be consistent across all
# targets to minimize problems.
# example:
# portage_confdir: /etc/portage
portage_confdir: /root/usb-build/etc/portage

# This option specifies the location to a portage overlay that you would like to
# have used when building this target.
# example:
# portage_overlay: /usr/local/portage
portage_overlay:

# This allows the optional directory containing the output packages for
# catalyst. Mainly used as a way for different spec files to access the same
# cache directory. Default behavior is for this location to be autogenerated
# by catalyst based on the spec file.
# example:
# pkgcache_path: /tmp/packages
pkgcache_path:/tmp/packages

# The livecd-stage1 target is where you will build packages for your CD. These
# packages can be built with customized USE settings. The settings here are
# additive to the default USE configured by the profile. For building release
# media, the first thing we do is disable all default USE flags with -* and then
# begin to set our own.
# example:
# livecd/use: -* ipv6 socks5 livecd fbcon ncurses readline ssl
#livecd/use: atm branding livecd socks5 X nvidia gif png gtk -cups -kde -arts bi
nary-driversa amd64 emacs crypt seamonkey win32codecs xorg cairo opengl xine xvi
d v4l v4l2 usb jpeg gtk2 svg mpcon
livecd/use: X acpi alsa amd64 apm arts avi bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts b
ittorrent branding cairo cdr cli crypt css cups dbus dlloader dri dvd dvdr eds e
libc_glibc emacs emboss encode esd fam fbsplash fdftk ffmpeg -firefox font-serv
er fontconfig foomaticdb fortran fpx ftp gdbm gif -gimpprint gnome gnuplot gnust
ep gpm gsnd gstreamer -gtalk gtk gtk2 hal hpn html imagemagick imap input_device
s_evdev input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse ipv6 isdnlog java javascript
jbig jce jpeg -kde kernel_linux lame latex ldap libg++ libwww mad math mbox mikm
od mime mimencode mjpeg mmxext mozilla mozsvg mozxmlterm mp3 mp4 mp4live mpeg mp
eg2 mplayer msn -msql multilib mysql ncurses nforce2 nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin
# media, the first thing we do is disable all default USE flags with -* and then
# begin to set our own.
# example:
# livecd/use: -* ipv6 socks5 #livecd/use: atm branding livecd socks5 X nvidia gif png gtk -cups -kde -arts binary-driversa amd64 emacs crypt seamonkey win32codecs xorg cairo opengl xine xvid v4l v4l2 usb jpeg gtk2 svg mpcon
livecd/use: X acpi alsa amd64 apm arts avi bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts bittorrent branding cairo cdr cli crypt css cups dbus dlloader dri dvd dvdr eds elibc_glibc emacs emboss encode esd fam fbsplash fdftk ffmpeg -firefox font-server fontconfig foomaticdb fortran fpx ftp gdbm gif -gimpprint gnome gnuplot gnustep gpm gsnd gstreamer -gtalk gtk gtk2 hal hpn html imagemagick imap input_devices_evdev input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse ipv6 isdnlog java javascript jbig jce jpeg -kde kernel_linux lame latex ldap libg++ libwww mad math mbox mikmod mime mimencode mjpeg mmxext mozilla mozsvg mozxmlterm mp3 mp4 mp4live mpeg mpeg2 mplayer msn -msql multilib mysql ncurses nforce2 nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ntfs nvidia ocaml ogg -on-the-fly-crypt opengl openssh openssl -oss pam pcre pdf pdflib perl php plotutils pmu png pnp posix ppds pppd preview-latex -print procmail python quicktime rar readline real -recode reflection reiserfs rplay rtsp scp sdl seamonkey sendmail session spell spl ssl subtitles svg tcpd tetex tiff transcode truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev unicode usb userland_GNU v4l v4l2 vorbis win32codecs xanim xine xml xorg xpm xscreensaver xv xvid zlib

#removed svga because it causes a build of svgalibs - requires kernel

# This is the set of packages that we will merge into the CD's filesystem. They
# will be built with the USE flags configured above. These packages must not
# depend on a configured kernel. If the package requires a configured kernel,
# then it will be defined elsewhere.
# example:
# livecd/packages: livecd-tools dhcpcd acpid apmd gentoo-sources coldplug fxload irssi gpm syslog-ng parted links raidtools dosfstools nfs-utils jfsutils xfsprogs e2fsprogs reiserfsprogs ntfsprogs pwgen rp-pppoe screen mirrorselect penggy iputils hwdata-knoppix hwsetup lvm2 evms vim pptpclient mdadm ethtool wireless-tools prism54-firmware wpa_supplicant
livecd/packages:baselayout xorg-x11 ide-smart logrotate passook livecd-tools dhcpcd acpid apmd fxload gpm mt-st syslog-ng lynx dosfstools nfs-utils jfsutils xfsprogs e2fsprogs reiserfsprogs pwgen app-admin/sudo screen mirrorselect iputils hwdata-gentoo hwsetup vim ethtool wireless-tools gentoolkit slocate skype ufed mplayer mathematica-fonts unrar unzip cpuburn gnupg gftp mplayerplug-in module-init-tools pciutils usbutils strace hdparm nano less openssh popt dialog tcptraceroute netcat tcpdump nmap libpcap hotplug mkxf86config vlock fbgrab ettercap rdate vconfig whois pan dante tsocks apmd eject ethtool gradm memtester netplug smartmontools grub syslinux hfsutils hfsplusutils gentoo-artwork-livecd speedtouch tor privoxy virtual/jre gnome gdm-themes-livecd gdm-themes gentoo-artwork-livecd parted partimage par2cmdline rar unrar cdrdao cdrkit aesutil ccrypt emacs gedit app-emacs/auctex app-emacs/gnus app-emacs/vm

#getting circular dependencies. try adding these in stage2 just before the "real" stuff happens.
#openoffice-bin acroread djvu dvipng enscript ggv gnome-spell ispell psutils xpdf app-vim/gentoo-syntax openssl gdm eel pine feh mirage media-gfx/gwenview showimg sane-backends sane-frontends xfig xsane xzgv libmpeg2 libmtp libquicktime libsdl alsa-utils gnomad rip acidrip camstream dvdauthor ffmpeg mplayer transcode mpack netdate telnet-bsd rsync yydecode azureus frostwire cups foomatic-db foomatic-filters netscape-flash nspluginwrapper reiserfsprogs device-mapper udev genkernel gentoo-sources lynx seamonkey xmodmap editres xlsfonts xorg-x11 eterm xterm gtk-engines afterstep fvwm fvwm-themes testdisk

#moved to stage2: encfs tetex
# (tetex seems to conflict with texlive; unmerge the latter)

4. If it's relevan, I'm building on an amd64 system but trying to build an x86 livecd

I've poked around and not seen anything that relates to this, my apologies if I missed something I should have found.

Thanks for any help!

-Justin

Last edited by justin_brody on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
justin_brody
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k. - a little more info. I tried running ebuild ... unpack and got the same error message. I changed directories to /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/ and ran
Code:
 sh distdir/jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin --accept-license --unpack

This actually unpacked it!!! There was an initial warning though:
Code:
df: Warning: cannot read table of mounted file systems: No such file or directory
Unpacking...
Checksumming...
Extracting...
UnZipSFX 5.50 of 17 February 2002, by Info-ZIP (Zip-Bugs@lists.wku.edu).
replace jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/java? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
  inflating: jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/java 
  inflating: jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/keytool 
  inflating: jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/policytool 
  inflating: jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/rmiregistry 
  inflating: jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/rmid 
  inflating: jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/tnameserv 
  inflating: jdk1.6.0_07/jre/bin/orbd 

Maybe someone knowledgeable has an idea of what might be happening here?
Thanks!
-Justin
justin_brody
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebuild does actually give a more detailed error message:
Code:

ebuild /usr/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07.ebuild unpack
 * jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...             [ ok ]
 * jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-amd64.bin RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...            [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                      [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                     [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                    [ ok ]
 * checking jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin ;-) ...                            [ ok ]
 * checking jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-amd64.bin ;-) ...                           [ ok ]
>>> Checking jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin's mtime...
>>> Checking jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-amd64.bin's mtime...
>>> Not marked as unpacked; recreating WORKDIR...
>>> Unpacking source...
usage: jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin [--accept-license] [--unpack]
    --accept-license  signifies you accept the license terms for installing
                      this software.
    --unpack  unpack JAR files compressed with Pack200
 * Call stack:
sed: can't read /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/temp/environment: No such file or directory
 *  The die message:
 *   Failed to unpack
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/temp/die.env'.

Is this some problem with the chroot env?

My procedure to get this far has been: run catalyst -avf livecd-stage1.spec. When it gives
me a chance to pause, I do so. In another window, I do "chroot var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/livecd-stage1-x86-2008.1 /bin/bash" followed by "env-update" and "source /etc/profile"

Maybe I'm forgetting a step?
justin_brody
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just hacked the ebuild and changed src_unpack to:
Quote:

src_unpack() {
# sh "${DISTDIR}"/${A} --accept-license --unpack || die "Failed to unpack"
echo "Disdir is ${DISTDIR}"
sh /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.07/distdir/jdk-6u7-dlj-linux-i586.bin --accept-license --unpack || die "Failed to unpack"
}

This seems to be working for now (after rebuilding the manifest)....

Still have no idea why it wasn't before!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: