pid #### (md5sum): syscall fadvise64_64 not implemented
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valuequest
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: pid #### (md5sum): syscall fadvise64_64 not implemented Reply with quote

I have created a gentoo-stage3 environment on my FreeBSD 8-STABLE system by installing FreeBSD's linux_dist-gentoo-stage3 port. According to http://www.leidinger.net/blog/2010/09/28/the-freebsd-linuxulator-explained-for-users/ this port provides the FreeBSD system a linux environment more suitable for chrooted operations than FreeBSD's other linux emulation ports. Here are a few details about the gentoo-stage3 environment I have set up (which may or may not be relevant to the problem/question below - at this point I am not sure):

• I have mounted a FreeBSD linproc into the gentoo-stage3 / with
    Code:
    mount -t linprocfs linproc /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/proc

• I have mounted a FreeBSD linsys into the gentoo-stage3 / with
    Code:
    mount -t linsysfs linsys /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/sys

• I have mounted a FreeBSD devfs into the gentoo-stage3 / with
    Code:
    mount -t devfs /nonexistent /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/dev

I am attempting to run OpenWRT's Image Generator utility to build OpenWRT firmware (http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/obtain.firmware.generate) while chrooted into this gentoo-stage3 environment.

The problem: executing the OpenWRT Image Generator's make command sends the gentoo-stage3 environment into some kind of never-ending loop with the following output to the console:

Code:
linux: pid #### (md5sum): syscall fadvise64_64 not implemented

(#### is an integer which started somewhere around 2000 and increases by 5 on each loop)

Are there any modifications to the gentoo-stage3 linux environment that I might try in order to provide the OpenWRT Image Generator make program what it is looking for?

Last edited by valuequest on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
disi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: pid #### (md5sum): syscall fadvise64_64 not implemented Reply with quote

valuequest wrote:

[code]I have mounted a FreeBSD devfs into the gentoo-stage3 / with [code]mount -t devfs /nonexistent /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/dev[/code][/list]

I think the devfs is a -o bind for chroot. Otherwise it misses any devices? The FreeBSD devices are named differently and maybe you do not want to give the chroot environment access to them...
valuequest
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am wondering if the repeating loop error that I described might have something to do with the devfs mount...

As it is the FreeBSD mount program does not include a --bind option. Nonetheless... is there a binary package (or other some method) available that I might be able to use to mount a devfs into this gentoo-stage3 / which follows standard Gentoo device naming conventions?
tomk
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Other Things Gentoo to Unsupported Software as this method is not officially supported (as far as I'm aware).
disi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valuequest wrote:
Actually I am wondering if the repeating loop error that I described might have something to do with the devfs mount...

As it is the FreeBSD mount program does not include a --bind option. Nonetheless... is there a binary package (or other some method) available that I might be able to use to mount a devfs into this gentoo-stage3 / which follows standard Gentoo device naming conventions?

Maybe try the stage3 from the Gentoo/FreeBSD project, that should work...
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-freebsd.xml
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: