Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
w, who, and user utility not working correctly...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenspd137
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: w, who, and user utility not working correctly... Reply with quote

Hello,

I posted earlier about this, and I am not sure where the bug lies. I have tried this using both tightvnc / xorg 1.4.2 and vnc / xorg 1.3.0 to see if it was a vncserver issue. Whenever I log into one of my gentoo machines from another box and type who, I get the output in the following format:

dayd pts/2 Aug 19 14:42 (blah.blah.com)

but it does not show any terminals associated with the vncserver.

If I start a vncserver, completley log out, and then view the vncserver and type who, w, or user, I get nothing - in the past, I would always see something like:

dayd pts/0 Aug 19 14:42 (17:0)

meaning I would see the terminal or something corresponding to the VNC session. If I run dump-utmp /var/run/utmp, I see nothing with 17:0 in the line
(17 is the screen number I use - I use a shared system, and we all just have numbers).

Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening? It is not showing when others are logged in as well, so if I have to reboot, I sometimes wipe people out. I usually use who to see who is logged on.

Thanks!
phsdv
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using gnome-terminal, or an other terminal that depends on vte? If so you run into the same issue as me.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: